It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Misconceptions - She Changed My View!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: redshoes

If someone who has undergone a legal process to change their legal identity, (which in most countries is far from a trivial matter) enters the appropriate bathroom for their legal gender, then it shouldn't be an issue.

Not all states in the United States allow legal gender change.

Even if, as a transgender, you did the complete physical transformation.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVtech34
I love how this thread turned into a witch hunt against those who have negative opinions or interactions with trannies. The SJWs always yell the loudest it seems, and anyone who sees themselves as normal are ostracized. The common misconception is that trannies look exactly like the person they are trying to portray when in reality very few of them do. Many quite obviously look like dudes trying to pass themselves off as women. This isn't a bathroom issue, its a mental health issue, and I'd believe psychiatrists at John Hopkins before I'd believe some SJW moron calling me a "cis" male.

I hate seafood. I swear, the little buggers stare into my soul and I just cannot eat it.

So, I don't often visit establishments such as Red Lobster. Furthermore, I certainly don't visit an establishment such as Red Lobster, order a 49.99 lobster/steak platter, and then proceed to throw a fit regarding how disgusting it is.

Do you see the premise I'm getting at here? Is anyone forcing you by gunpoint to participate in this thread? No? Then don't participate.

You're whining about others whining.

"Like you snowflakes are going to change my perception."

I'm sensing a bit of projection and irony in that statement.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Thanks Annee. I understand that.

I'm lucky to live in a country where the process to legally change gender is remarkably simple. (As simple as changing your legal name.)

This is where the rights issues come into it. In some places a transgender person has no legal recognition of their assumed gender, and there's your problem right there. History has shown that whenever an individuals rights are not enshrined in law, there is the potential and sometimes the inevitability that those rights will be infringed on.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

In which case how does the law judge a mom of a 3 year old boy, out do dinner with him alone, and he has to use the men's restroom?

• Can she go in there to help him? (Her physical sex is not appropriate for that room)
  • Does she ask a strange man to take him in and help (like any sane adult male would accept that offer laden with lawsuit all over it)?
  • Does she bring him into the ladies room? (His physical sex is not appropriate for that room)
  • What about a single dad with a child daughter in the same scenario?

See how taking this topic to extremes will cause a LOT of problems. The idea that you can take a grey issue and apply a black and white rule to it is simply not logical and potentially harmful. It is already illegal to prey (sexually) on anyone, anywhere regardless of location. Isn't that the main "public reason" for this extreme level of concern? Or is it actually a case of a religious fundamentalist movement (not unlike the Taliban's views and actions on homosexuals) attempting to legislate their morality and beliefs in a (supposedly) secular government? I do not subscribe the any religious doctrine, so why should laws in my country (I am a citizen as well) reflect a religious viewpoint that I do not believe?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee Oh yeah, the huff post is definitely a reputable source...not. Cause the chief of psychiatry has no clue what he's saying, right? Got that position by being an idiot, right? Wrote over 150 peer reviewed papers as a mental midget, right? Take your liberal trash news site and shove it.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AVtech34

I usually agree with you quite a bit, but in this thread it appears you just learned a new buzz word and are tossing it about way to often.

Like was posted above, how do I change the diaper of my 1 month old daughter if the laws won't allow my female born daughter in the men's restroom? Do I just change her outside the restroom? Or do I risk punishment by taking her in?

And yes, there are people in this world who won't fit your idea of man/woman. And it appears you've run into these people, at a bar. Of all places, a bar. What do you expect? Since when have bars been the measuring stick for humanity? I used to work in bars, and when I did, guess where the last place I ever wanted to spend my free time was? Yup, bars. Couldn't stand going out to drink. Bars attract all types of people. Some good, some bad. But the bad outweighed the good enough for me to stay away. And I worked in them. So your basing your whole argument on experiences at a, what? A bar. That should tell you everything.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVtech34
a reply to: Annee Oh yeah, the huff post is definitely a reputable source...not. Cause the chief of psychiatry has no clue what he's saying, right? Got that position by being an idiot, right? Wrote over 150 peer reviewed papers as a mental midget, right? Take your liberal trash news site and shove it.

Huffington Post is like a bulletin board that prints articles from various contributors.

There are many sources on the facts of McHugh.

The article itself had many links to other articles.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Or is it actually a case of a religious fundamentalist movement (not unlike the Taliban's views and actions on homosexuals) attempting to legislate their morality and beliefs in a (supposedly) secular government? I do not subscribe the any religious doctrine, so why should laws in my country (I am a citizen as well) reflect a religious viewpoint that I do not believe?

Of course its Fundamental religion trying to force their belief through politics.

Look at what states these laws are being made in.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

OOOHH, lemme play!! Let's see. Hmmm. Would that be, ummm. Red states?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVtech34its a mental health issue,

I preferred your earlier lectures

sorry that your world is changing on you, snowflake.
Dont worry, surely you can find a safe space for you somewhere.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Charming

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Charming

gonna assume you understand I was using sarcasm...the dude is calling transsexualism a mental disorder..which is the same stuff they were saying in the 50s/60s about the gay folks and wanted to harass them..etc

its like these same jerks keep reincarnating to make the world a crappy place

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Charming

gonna assume you understand I was using sarcasm...the dude is calling transsexualism a mental disorder..which is the same stuff they were saying in the 50s/60s about the gay folks and wanted to harass them..etc

its like these same jerks keep reincarnating to make the world a crappy place

Oh YES.

Got it!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ketsuko

If I see a man in the locker room and question him, he can sue me for discrimination, even if I am questioning him because he is standing there naked and staring at others or something else that's uncomfortable.

Anyone can sue you for anything. That doesn't mean they're going to win. Asking someone a question is not discrimination.

I assume you are talking about a man in a woman's locker room. I thought we were talking about restrooms but if a man were to be doing that he would probably be setting himself up for charge of indecent exposure if nothing else.

Nope. He's protected. All he has to say is that he identifies as a woman and he can't be prosecuted under these new laws. What do you think all of this anger and frustration has been about? You wish this was just about regular restrooms because then we could all come to some sort of consensus in time. Sorry to burst your damn bubble.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SonsOfTheMeek

Umm not if he dont have the paperwork backing it up he cant.
Unless he gets a doctoor to say he IS a woman in a mans body he cannot be in there.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Unless he gets a doctoor to say he IS a woman in a mans body he cannot be in there.

Nope. You're uninformed. There's nothing in these laws that says you're required to show paperwork. In fact, to ask for any constitutes harassment and opens you up for a lawsuit.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonsOfTheMeek

Nope. You're uninformed. There's nothing in these laws that says you're required to show paperwork. In fact, to ask for any constitutes harassment and opens you up for a lawsuit.

Youre missing a point. IS the man dressed as a female? You never specified this.

(post by AVtech34 removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
So the woman in the OP wants to use the mens room?

I just don't understand any of this.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonsOfTheMeek

Youre missing a point. IS the man dressed as a female? You never specified this.

Sure, why not? We'll say he dressed as a woman to go into a public women's shower room in this hypothetical situation. What is your point?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join