It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Misconceptions - She Changed My View!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The 13th episode of my young podcast was very interesting, and also very important. I was lucky enough to have my first transgender woman as a guest, and she was a very open, and open-minded person. The reason why this was such a good thing, is that I was able to ask the hard questions, the questions that respectful people would not have the opportunity to ask in the real world. We went over a ton of information, and I came from a place of ignorance, having never have met a transgender person that I know of. I have also never had the opportunity to speak with a trans person.

Previously, I was under the thought process that I did not want trans people in bathrooms that did not reflect their birth gender. I held commonly held beliefs that it was encroaching on other men and women's rights.
I was wrong. Trans people should be able to use whichever bathroom they need to, JUST LIKE THEY HAVE BEEN FOREVER.
This show changed my viewpoint, and it was a fairly emotional mental journey for me, and I really have a lot more sympathy toward trans people. I hope that it can shed some light on the subject for some of you, and maybe leave some of you a bit more open minded on the topic.

I am proud to say that I have made my first transgender friend, and she is pretty darn cool!

You can find the Wolves And Sheeple Podcast below and on any podcast app or website (itunes,podcast addict,stitcher, etc.)

SoundCloud

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

The bathroom issue isn't really about trans people it is about people that will abuse the law. That being said if I saw 'her' peeing standing up next to me I might lose my lunch.

+7 more 
posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Eyes on your own paper.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I understand. Two days ago I thought the same thing. They have been using the public restrooms forever. Most the time we don't even know it. But at the same time, you aren't one of those weirdos that takes the middle urinal when no one else is there, forcing the next guy to go right next to you are you? That really drives me nuts when dudes don't use proper pisser etiquette .

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

The bathroom issue isn't really about trans people it is about people that will abuse the law. That being said if I saw 'her' peeing standing up next to me I might lose my lunch.

According to the bathroom laws being passed, that's exactly what may happen, because they'd be in the men's room with you. The trans men, buff and bearded, will be the ones standing in the ladies room stall next to your wives and daughters.

Rather than pass unnecessary laws, they just need to repeal these discriminatory laws, afford all people equal rights, and leave restrooms as they've been for generations.

+10 more 
posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

The law is totally about trans people. There are already laws against bad people doing bad things.

Who knows, she might lose her lunch if she saw you too.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: WinstonianThe problem I have with these people is that they frequently go to straight bars, hit on straight men, then get an attitude when (if you're lucky) divulge that they have a bulge before the trip back to who's ever house. I watched it happen several times with a few of them in Morgan City, LA. I told them one night that if they kept up their # they'd eventually end up in a ditch somewhere on account of the violent reactions I'd witnessed already. They used to frequent the strip club there too and dance. It was disgusting to watch.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I'm always losing my lunch.
I believe if it wants to be identified as a woman and a woman as a man - let them have at it and let the lawsuits
thereafter sort it out.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AVtech34

Listen to the podast, we discuss this issue. She agrees that trans people need to disclose this when they are trying to get dates. I agree with what you are saying 100%. This is an issue that needs to be first and foremost with trans people, out of respect for others, and personal safety.

+3 more 
posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Did you know there are a lot of "these people" who don't even go to bars for "hooking up"? Also, many of "these people" haven't gone to a strip club once. I'll bet there's some non-"these people" who are also disgusting who do a lot of dancing in strip clubs.

Maybe you need to hang out in better neighborhoods.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

this topic is geting more annoying then all the political threads going around

this is a none issue get over it guys

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv My personal experience trumps your sjw feelings. I can go where ever the hell I want, and shouldn't have to worry about whether the girl im talking to is packing heat.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Are you not man enough to handle it?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVtech34
a reply to: kaylaluv My personal experience trumps your sjw feelings. I can go where ever the hell I want, and shouldn't have to worry about whether the girl im talking to is packing heat.

You often find women in the men's room and chat them up? Sounds a little odd.
edit on 2-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Right. You are allowed to go where you want, but you aren't entitled to talk to people who aren't transgenders where ever you go. If one comes up to you and hits on you, that is her right as person to do that. It ISN'T your right to hit them or retaliate with violence because you are disgusted though.

I mean your rant is dangerously close to suggesting that transgenders shouldn't be allowed to go to straight bars because YOU can't be inconvenienced by them.
edit on 2-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Of course you are free to go where you want, but it's kind of weird to be complaining about scummy people when you are hanging out in scummy places. Just sayin'.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

a reply to: kaylaluv

My personal experience trumps your sjw feelings. I can go where ever the hell I want, and shouldn't have to worry about whether the girl im talking to is packing heat.

You often find women in the men's room and chat them up? Sounds a little odd.

Or you are female and chat up other females in the women's bathroom often? If you are standing at the mirror and say "it's very cold for May" and they answer, "Yes, it is". Does it matter what they are packing? That wouold normally be the extent of a basthroom conversation.

+1 more 
link   

As a woman and the mother of a very young son, it isn't about sincere transgenders. What it's about is the fact that the laws and ordinances are written such that I cannot question the intent of anyone I see in the restroom now for any reason. The numbers say there are only about 700,000 transgenders in the US. They have been using our restrooms forever.

But now, anyone who simply says, "I'm a woman." Can also use our restrooms and locker rooms, including showers, at any time, for any reason.

I cannot question any of them.

The reason transgenders have doing this forever is because they are transgenders, and they are sincere in wanting to be the gender the identify as. Unless we are talking shower or locker room, they mostly look like other women or men sharing that space. But now, one can simply wake up and say, "Today, I am woman. Hear me roar!" And have instant access. No one can question it.

There are far more predators than there are transgenders. They're the ones I am actually worried about. They just gained shelter under these new laws. No one can question them until they actually victimize. Which means no woman has any degree of security anymore in the restroom; whereas before with the transgenders simply going about their business quietly, we all more or less did.
edit on 2-5-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: reldra When did I ever say I was in the bathroom? I see the SJWs are starting to swarm.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
removed as off topic

edit on 2-5-2016 by Morrad because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join