It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Misconceptions - She Changed My View!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Cost might be high at first, but think of all the money saved from frivolous lawsuits.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
The transgender person is not a recent realization. Other cultures have long embraced the transgendered person as someone totally natural. In many cultures around the world, transgender people are welcomed. Historically, many non-Western cultures have long recognized and accommodated transgender people, and in a wide variety of ways. For example, there are people who are "two-spirit" in some Native American nations, the Polynesian Fa'afafine, the Muxe of Mexico and the Hijra, who exist in large numbers in India and Bangaladesh.

Most of the time, you would never know that the person next to you, or the cashier at the grocery store, maybe even your physician, was a transgendered person.

And there is a huge difference between thinking you are a cat and being transgender. Transgender people are physiologically one gender while psychologically the other gender. It is not a mental disorder to be transgender. It is simply the way you were born. Studies have shown that the brain of a transgender individual who feels male or female has a brain structure similar to those of other males or females, respectively. It does not make the person a pervert, or a deviant. And yes, I have studied this in college.. I dont have all the answers, but I do know some things about this.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
You know, for someone who always champions personal liberty and not caring about anything, you sure spend an inordinate amount of time caring what people are allowed to identify as and what room they can poop in privately.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I love how this thread turned into a witch hunt against those who have negative opinions or interactions with trannies. The SJWs always yell the loudest it seems, and anyone who sees themselves as normal are ostracized. The common misconception is that trannies look exactly like the person they are trying to portray when in reality very few of them do. Many quite obviously look like dudes trying to pass themselves off as women. This isn't a bathroom issue, its a mental health issue, and I'd believe psychiatrists at John Hopkins before I'd believe some SJW moron calling me a "cis" male.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AVtech34
Which psychiatrists at Johns Hopkins?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
You can harbor all the negative opinions you wish. It's when you try to infringe upon another's rights that people speak out.

And I think your ostracization has less to do with you being normal than it does with you acting like a jerk.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall Like you snowflakes are going to change my perception.

Here, but because it goes against your SJW opinion you'll just dismiss it.

cnsnews.com...

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall so I'm a jerk for describing repeated observances which gave me a permanent negative perception of these deranged individuals? No, that's called being a realist.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Why are you getting so worked up about it? And I'm the snowflake?

The man was a psychiatrist 15 years ago and his opinion trumps present studies somehow? The DSM used to list homosexuality as a disorder too. That's the nice thing about science: it changes with corrected information.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVtech34

cnsnews.com...

UGH, McHugh again.

He's been totally discredited by the medical profession. Has nothing to do with my opinion.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
More like: a jerk for pushing the notion that 3 individuals from your subjective experience equate to everyone of such persuasion, and suggesting that they should not be allowed where you dare tread in public.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
You see, I told you no matter what I post, you'll just shoot it down. Its pointless with you people. You don't like my opinion, tough, go write it down in your journal or whatever snowflakes do, but don't think you can bully me into thinking my experiences and opinions are wrong just because you want to wave some banner for a cause that really isn't that important. Remember while the media is distracting us with this crap, the govt is doing something illegal.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Winstonian

The bathroom issue isn't really about trans people it is about people that will abuse the law. That being said if I saw 'her' peeing standing up next to me I might lose my lunch.

Abuse what law?
There is no law these bathroom bills were preventing from being abused.
And why do you keep on insisting that this is about bathrooms and transgender people, while completely ignoring the fact that these laws are designed to also strip all LGBT people of all their protections in the states passing these laws?

These laws have been created and pushed through by known Christian fanatics recognized as running hate groups, they are a direct and clear attack on ALL LGBT people, and yet so many Americans have fallen for nothing more than a hate campaign of anti-Trans propaganda and allowed this nonsense to pass.

Let's make this perfectly clear, if you support these bills you are an ignoramus. You are supporting laws created by the Christian Taliban of the USA, designed to attack and abuse all LGBT people, and you are allowing this because you have stupidly been convinced that something that has never actually happened is somehow happening.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

cnsnews.com...

No, we'll reject it because it's absolute bs created as part of an ignorant hate campaign by RWNJ's like yourself.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013 no, you'll reject it because it doesn't fit the SJW narrative. No surprise there.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall That would be a no true Scotsman fallacy.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

You see, I told you no matter what I post, you'll just shoot it down. Its pointless with you people. You don't like my opinion, tough, go write it down in your journal or whatever snowflakes do, but don't think you can bully me into thinking my experiences and opinions are wrong just because you want to wave some banner for a cause that really isn't that important. Remember while the media is distracting us with this crap, the govt is doing something illegal.

Your proof Mc Hugh.

“Dr. Paul McHugh, retired from psychiatry at Johns Hopkins Hospital...” Dr. McHugh is a self-described orthodox Catholic whose radical views are well documented. In his role as part of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops’ review board, he pushed the idea that the Catholic sex-abuse scandal was not about pedophilia but about “homosexual predation on American Catholic youth.”

He filed an amicus brief arguing in favor of Proposition 8 on the basis that homosexuality is a “choice.”

Additionally, McHugh was in favor of forcing a pregnant 10-year-old girl who had been raped by an adult relative to carry to term.

If you want a detailed analysis of how Dr. McHugh has misrepresented data, rigged studies, left out significant details in his research, and is nothing more than a poorly regarded fringe element in his own field, you can read about it here, here, here, here, here, and here. No secular medical or mental-health organization agrees with him. Even his own (former) department denounced his stance in testimony before the Maryland Senate. Court cases looking at transgender medical issues have found his work unpersuasive. In short, Paul McHugh is the Mark Regnerus of transgender issues. www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That looks like a pretty good reason to reject his proof.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Annee

That looks like a pretty good reason to reject his proof.

Uh, yeah.

And that's only one article.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It takes more than a 'because i said so' to legally change your gender. It's a legal process that is administered and judged by legal professionals with the input of certified medical practitioners.

If someone who is not legally a woman enters the ladies room, then in my opinion that could constitute trespass.

If someone who has undergone a legal process to change their legal identity, (which in most countries is far from a trivial matter) enters the appropriate bathroom for their legal gender, then it shouldn't be an issue.

If you're worries about wierdos taking advantage to declare that they are trans in order to exploit some sort of loophole, then it probably means that you have no faith in the administration of justice or the legal and medical systems. Which would probably mean there are greater threats to your well being than someone having a pee where they are not supposed to.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join