It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Misconceptions - She Changed My View!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: network dude

I see this law as making sure that Two beered up guys who have no morals, don't decide to go to a jr. high female locker room and claim they identify as a female, so their presence is allowed. (in the south, we call that common sense)

You want to deny Equal Rights to a minority because "something might happen"?

It's a shame you always go off half cocked. If you had payed attention to any of my previous posts on this, I think the original law is ignorant and never ever should have been made, so none of this would be necessary. If this never happened, the HB2 knee jerk bill wouldn't have happened, and all the fallout would not be on NC.

We were set up. And now we are going to be forced into complying with anything the liberal left wants or be financially ruined from the kids who need free lunches up, thanks to Obama.

I think everyone should be able to do what they have always done. And I think common sense should be used in cases where someone has a problem with anything.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonsOfTheMeek

originally posted by: Freija
a reply to: SonsOfTheMeek

Sure hung up on dicks, aren't you?

I'll offer my personal opinion in answer to your question: No.

Let's be reasonable, some lines have to be drawn and one would think common sense should prevail. 99% of transgender women are not going to flaunting body parts they are embarrassed by and ashamed of and go to great and often painful lengths to conceal.

You're going to have your 1%'ers who think this is okay or cross-dressers or others that have no sensitivity at all for the feelings of others. Do we make the 99% suffer just because some asshole might think this is okay and do this? I don't think so.

How are the 99% suffering if, as you say, they don't want to engage in such a thing anyway? How would a law banning them from women's shower and changing rooms hurt them? They should understand that it is for everyone's comfort. Rest room's should be ok. But nowhere where there is an expectation of nudity should people with opposite sex organs mingle.

Are you freaking kidding? A Law banning transgender women(passable ones) and forcing them into the men showers and changing rooms is very very bad. You want a Assault to happen so then you can turn around and blame them for it too? Its for Everyones comfort BUT THEIRS and that violates their rights under the constitution. Also you dont have to strip off all your clothes in a shower if you dont want to do so.

As to the 99 percent shes talking about letting the minority make the rest of us all suffer. She was addressing people in GENERAL with that line.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Are you freaking kidding? A Law banning transgender women(passable ones) and forcing them into the men showers and changing rooms is very very bad. You want a Assault to happen so then you can turn around and blame them for it too? Its for Everyones comfort BUT THEIRS and that violates their rights under the constitution. Also you dont have to strip off all your clothes in a shower if you dont want to do so.

Sorry, not buying it. You're fear-mongering based on the fact that "something might happen". If they have male sex organs and feel uncomfortable getting naked in front of the same sex, then no one is forcing them to. By the same token, why make natural born women feel uncomfortable by allowing them in there.

I'll never understand why, with you people, that the comfort of these transgenders matter while the exact same kind of comfort that everyone else should have doesn't. How can you justify one be sacrificed for the other?

I'm all for affording everyone constitutional rights but not at the expense of an even greater number of people's rights. There must some other way we can accomodate everyone.

As to the 99 percent shes talking about letting the minority make the rest of us all suffer. She was addressing people in GENERAL with that line.
Go back and read. You're confused.
edit on 7-5-2016 by SonsOfTheMeek because: Additional comment

edit on 7-5-2016 by SonsOfTheMeek because: Correction

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I see this law as making sure that Two beered up guys who have no morals, don't decide to go to a jr. high female locker room and claim they identify as a female, so their presence is allowed. (in the south, we call that common sense)

You want to deny Equal Rights to a minority because "something might happen"?

It's a shame you always go off half cocked. If you had payed attention to any of my previous posts on this, I think the original law is ignorant and never ever should have been made, so none of this would be necessary. If this never happened, the HB2 knee jerk bill wouldn't have happened, and all the fallout would not be on NC.

We were set up. And now we are going to be forced into complying with anything the liberal left wants or be financially ruined from the kids who need free lunches up, thanks to Obama.

I think everyone should be able to do what they have always done. And I think common sense should be used in cases where someone has a problem with anything.

Half-cocked because of one simple question? I just narrowed down all the "talking around".

You do realize it was Fundie Type Moms who started this by outing a transgender student - - - not the other way around.

Paranoid Fundie Type Moms started this, not the Liberal Left.

"Cat forced out of the Bag" and you want to put it back, sweep it under the rug.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I'm all for affording everyone constitutional rights but not at the expense of an even greater number of people's rights. There must some other way we can accomodate everyone.

Bill of Rights.

We are not a Democracy, we are a Republic.

The 1% has the same value as the 99%.

The Equal Protection Clause is part of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution. The clause, which took effect in 1868, provides that no state shall deny to any person within its jurisdiction "the equal protection of the laws". en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 7-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Bill of Rights.

Um that's basically what I was saying. What you glossed over was the part where I said, you can't afford people rights at the expense of an even greater number of peoples rights. Or do you disagree with that?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Bill of Rights.

Um that's basically what I was saying. What you glossed over was the part where I said, you can't afford people rights at the expense of an even greater number of peoples rights. Or do you disagree with that?

I did not miss what you said.

Obviously, you do not understand the 14th amendment.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Bill of Rights.

Ah I see, so you are in favor of taking away rights of others. Noted.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Bill of Rights.

Is someone taking away your bathroom rights?

Interesting how you consider yourself the victim.

Not in My Name: 6 Reasons This Cisgendered Woman Pastor Stands for Bathroom Justice

3) White women’s “safety” has been used to discriminate for too long: After the Civil War during the Reconstruction period, the religious “Redemption Movement” began among white churches that preached on and “portrayed black men as ravishing beasts eager to rape white women.” During the Civil Rights movement, the week after the famous march on Selma happened, Sheriff Jim Clark who lead the crackdown on the protestors called it the “raping of Selma” and stirred fear that there would be a boom of interracial babies soon born to white women. Sound familiar? www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Bill of Rights.

Shower and changing rooms should be a safe space for those of a single sex to be comfortable in a state of undress. You are taking that right away in favor of giving the right of transgenders who identify as another gender to change with the opposite sex. How is that equal?

I'm all for regular restrooms being used by which gender you identify with because there is no expectation nudity. But any place where is such an expextation needs to remain divided by sex.
edit on 7-5-2016 by SonsOfTheMeek because: Additional paragragh

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Bill of Rights.

Shower and changing rooms should be a safe space for those of a single sex to be comfortable in a state of undress. You are taking that right away in favor of giving the right of transgenders who identify as another gender to change with the opposite sex. How is that equal?

They are.

Stats prove that from states that have transgender rights.

Paranoia, on the other hand, is a personal problem.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

edit on 7-5-2016 by SonsOfTheMeek because: (no reason given)

Bill of Rights.

They are.

They are what? You're talking about mixing people of opposite sexes in the same shower and changing rooms.

I'm all for regular restrooms being used by which gender you identify with because there is no expectation nudity. But any place where is such an expectation needs to remain divided by sex.
edit on 7-5-2016 by SonsOfTheMeek because: Edited

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Statistics Show Exactly How Many Times Trans People Have Attacked You in Bathrooms

Big fat zero: Spokespeople from the Transgender Law Center, the Human Rights Campaign and the American Civil Liberties Union told Mic that no statistical evidence of violence exists to warrant this legislation. Vincent Villano, the director of communications for the National Center for Transgender Equality, told Mic in an email that there isn't any firm data to corroborate these lawmakers' claims, and that NCTE has "not heard of a single instance of a transgender person harassing a non-transgender person in a public restroom. Those who claim otherwise have no evidence that this is true and use this notion to prey on the public's stereotypes and fears about transgender people." mic.com...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Statistics Show Exactly How Many Times Trans People Have Attacked You in Bathrooms

Big fat zero: Spokespeople from the Transgender Law Center, the Human Rights Campaign and the American Civil Liberties Union told Mic that no statistical evidence of violence exists to warrant this legislation. Vincent Villano, the director of communications for the National Center for Transgender Equality, told Mic in an email that there isn't any firm data to corroborate these lawmakers' claims, and that NCTE has "not heard of a single instance of a transgender person harassing a non-transgender person in a public restroom. Those who claim otherwise have no evidence that this is true and use this notion to prey on the public's stereotypes and fears about transgender people." mic.com...

Wow. You're so fixated on making a point no one is even arguing. Do you even have a grasp on what this argument is about? I never once said that trans people are more likely to attack anyone, not once. Why would I? That's rediculous. So I'm sure your post can't possibly be directed toward me. Stop assuming what my position is, if that is what you think.
edit on 7-5-2016 by SonsOfTheMeek because: Punct.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Wow. You're so fixated on making a point no one is even arguing. Do you even have a grasp on what this argument is about? I never once said that trans people are more likely to attack anyone, not once. Why would I? That's rediculous. So I'm sure your post can't possibly be directed toward me. Stop assuming what my position is, if that is what you think.

Of course I know what your argument is about.

I am a woman, I have 2 daughters, I have a granddaughter.

However, I advocate for Equal Rights above all else.

YOU are not losing any rights to go to the bathroom. You keep victimizing yourself that you are somehow losing rights. You are not.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

YOU are not losing any rights to go to the bathroom. You keep victimizing yourself that you are somehow losing rights. You are not.

I never said I was losing that right. And neither are transgenders.

See? This is what I mean. Why should I bother arguing with you. When you won't even take the time to read my posts. You just knee-jerk react to them. For example I never once used the general term "bathroom".

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

See? This is what I mean. Why should I bother arguing with you. When you won't even take the time to read my posts. You just knee-jerk react to them. For example I never once used the general term "bathroom".

Do you think its wrong for a person with a penis to go in the women's restroom?

And all facilities, such as locker rooms, showers, etc.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I'll say it one more time, because I'm tired of having to repeat myself for someone who can't even be bothered to completely read my posts before arguing with me:

Standard restrooms should be determined to be acceptable due to the absence of the expectation of nudity. They should be based on gender-identity.

However, due to the expectation of possible nudity, shower and changing rooms should be based on sex(vagina or penis).

I feel we will need to officially categorize what are standard restrooms and what are changing/shower rooms (laws, regulations, signs and such)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Standard restrooms should be determined to be acceptable due to the absence of the expectation of nudity. They should be based on gender-identity.

However, due to the expectation of possible nudity, shower and changing rooms should be based on sex(vagina or penis).

Do not tell me again I do not comprehend your position. Or its knee jerk.

Interesting that you couldn't just directly answer the 2 questions I posted - - without peripherals.

I feel we will need to officially categorize what are standard restrooms and what are changing/shower rooms (laws, regulations, signs and such)

That is discrimination.

(post by SonsOfTheMeek removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join