It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump 41%, Clinton 39% in General Election

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I am curious..

Did you not understand the poll you were reading?

Or did you choose to Omit the important part?

But Trump edges slightly ahead if the stay-at-home option is removed. Trump also now does twice as well among Democrats as Clinton does among Republicans.

So yes...when forcing EVERYONE to vote who have clearly declared they will not vote ...Trump edges above for the Rasmussen poll...

edit on 3-5-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

link   
DP

link   
DP

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

No, I understand it. This part to me though stuck out more....

"Trump also now does twice as well among Democrats as Clinton does among Republicans"

It is like when people say he has a 80% unfavorable. Well, if you add Democrats of course. It sounds better than just Republican support which nationwide is starting to push 60% backing him for the nomination.

Bottom line is his numbers are getting better which is the opposite of what the MSM pundits are spreading.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

You forgot "Once upon a time" and "And they lived happily ever after."

It's a fairy tale.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Bottom line is his numbers are getting better which is the opposite of what the MSM pundits are spreading.

Yes...his numbers are "getting better"...BUT that is a whole different claim than the OP headline: Trump 41%, Clinton 39% in General Election

The OP headline is true with 3 caveats that were not mentioned...
(1) Respondants forced to choose between only Trump and Hillary
(2) All respondents, registered to vote or not registered to vote and even the large percentage that clearly stated they would not be voting...ALL forced to choose and counted. There is a reason that polls only measure "likely voters" and "registered voters"...and there is a reason this poll chose not to...see (3)
(3) It's Rassmussen ...they walk the line with establishing a modicum of credibility that they can use to occasionally release the bias/outlier poll in order to gin up support for GOP candidates.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Rasmussen: 33 Percent of Republicans Won't Vote for Nominee If It's Not Trump
12 percent who say they'd probably opt for another candidate and 13 percent who'd just stay home
www.newsmax.com...

SO...In the OP poll, by forcing a choice only between Trump and Hillary...and counting people that said they would not vote..

Rasmussen added between 13-25% for Trump that does not exist in reality..

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Nobody was forced. This was a poll between 2 candidates. Very simple. Nothing was added or padded.

You are taking different parts of a poll and trying to make it relevant to other questions when they are separate.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Nobody was forced. This was a poll between 2 candidates. Very simple. Nothing was added or padded.

You are taking different parts of a poll and trying to make it relevant to other questions when they are separate.

Honestly, believe what you want. I don't have the energy to argue with you. I would suggest examining how this poll was conducted differently than virtually every other poll...and that has nothing to do with politics...it has to do with basic reality...but it really doesn't matter if you are choosing what to believe vs. examining things objectively.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Does it REALLY matter who..."wins"?

The American people (and likely the rest of the world's population) loose, no matter who takes the office. Nothing will change from the presidential standpoint as the fascist corporatocracy is at full power and ultimately rules that office and anyone in it.

I know that some people here and elsewhere are investing quite a bit of hope in Trump, but he's no different than the rest. And even if he was, the system is soooo broken at this point that it makes little difference.

All the world is a stage, filled with smoke in mirrors. Paid for by the taxpayers (aka debt slaves) and benefited by the oligarch "rulers".

Believe me, I hope I'm very wrong. But I see little changing within such a corrupt and broken system.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

would never happen (sanders as vp) too much risk of some one just poping the donald and then bam sanders by defualt ,not all of his fans are nuts (works for both trump and sanders) but one of them would do something stupid and foolish to get sanders in the big chair ,of course Donald would need to win for that to be relevant

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
They should pass a law. if you get a delagate they cannot vote for anyone else period. they should be forced under legal pressure to vote as instructed instead of their 'conscience' If they do not they get a automatic 5 yr prison sentence.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Lol and here are eight other polls showing Clinton beats Trump.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

And how did Sanders look against Clinton 6 months ago?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Trumps the nominee. called it.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Why? What's your point?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I know that some people here and elsewhere are investing quite a bit of hope in Trump, but he's no different than the rest. And even if he was, the system is soooo broken at this point that it makes little difference.

No doubt, the deck is stacked against him, but I'll take a CHANCE at hope over a guaranteed bought and paid for puppet every single day of the week.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Its going to be Trump vs Sanders or a new democrat picked at the convention.

Hillary is going to lose the FBI primary and be out of the running.

www.trbimg.com...

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Better yet

Drudge headlines for today

Is it coincidence that there is a drudge front headline about Bill Clinton Serving fried Chicken and immediately under it another story about finding semen on KFC chicken?

Uhhm, got to watch that slick willy . He can't keep it in his pants.
edit on 32531America/ChicagoWed, 04 May 2016 12:32:01 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: UnBreakable

Better yet

Drudge headlines for today

Is it coincidence that there is a drudge front headline about Bill Clinton Serving fried Chicken and immediately under it another story about finding semen on KFC chicken?

Uhhm, got to watch that slick willy . He can't keep it in his pants.

I always wondered about that KFC secret sauce.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join