It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump 41%, Clinton 39% in General Election

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

How can YOUR boy 'beat Hillary" when he can't even beat Trump or Kasich, especially the last FIVE states?

Were talking about a head to head with HIllary Vs Cruz or Trump, have you even seen the polls, since like, I dunno SUMMER time, they almost unanimously put Cruz as beating Clinton in a head to head, thats just fact.

But I know Trump and his supporters dont like polls unless its in his favor........

Trump has no debate skills, Hillary is calculated and thorough.....You think Trump is being attacked now?

Be prepared for his utter destruction if he gets nominated, there is so much dirt on this guy waiting to come to light that hasnt even been touched yet, the man will be in the burn unit........

The polls for November are pretty irrelevant right now. Interesting because they provide points of focus for each candidate in their campaigns, but not conclusive of a result.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It'll be interesting to see the polls after the indictment

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

That is because the GOP primary electorate does not represent the entire electorate.

Yes, I'm aware of the 'system'

But even in popular votes, can't beat Trump.

Even by Delegate count, can't beat Trump.

FIVE states in a row where he has placed THIRD.

Tell me again, how that is the guy that can 'only beat Hillary"?

Further, Ted's numbers are tanking hourly now. I don't see him winning ANY States from here out. He has a MINUSCULE chance of even getting a nomination straight out. So what? What is he talking about when he says "he can beat Hillary"?

Is there some magic he's going to use? Some sorcery?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: Grimpachi

That is because the GOP primary electorate does not represent the entire electorate.

Yes, I'm aware of the 'system'

But even in popular votes, can't beat Trump.

Even by Delegate count, can't beat Trump.

FIVE states in a row where he has placed THIRD.

Tell me again, how that is the guy that can 'only beat Hillary"?

Further, Ted's numbers are tanking hourly now. I don't see him winning ANY States from here out. He has a MINUSCULE chance of even getting a nomination straight out. So what? What is he talking about when he says "he can beat Hillary"?

Is there some magic he's going to use? Some sorcery?

Yes, it's the same sorcery that is going to result in Trump single-handedly "making America great again."

Republicans love magic. That's why they came up with and love to defend voodoo economics, or trickle-down. They also love small government - but love a large police force and military force.

It is absolutely sorcery.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Wait 'till Trump gets started on her..

soulwaxer

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

That was a weird response. Had NOTHING to do with my post.

link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer

soulwaxer

That will be a debate worth watching.

link   

I have to wonder if in fact its not the case that all these polls are skewed. By that I mean, I'd really rather doubt that the pollsters are actually reaching Clinton's base. How are these polls taken? On land line phones? Who has one these days and who's left that answers the phone from a number they don't recognize? So.........how can these polls be very accurate?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Yes because no one attacked Kasich...

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Yet Cruz, can't beat KASICH now.

Like I SAID.....how is the 'only man that can beat Hillary"...going to actually GET to Hillary???
edit on 788pm3112America/Chicago15CDT12America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Hell, someone who dropped out over a month ago is in third....Kasich is not even third....they should both concede. Not because it is trump but because it is embarrassing.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
You will always have outlying polls, Rasmussens results always seem to lean towards the GOP. All along their results have shown Trump much closer than anybody else with Clintons biggest lead at +5 when everybody else had between + 10 and 15. Their polling of Obama's approval rating is always lower than anybody else. They tend to be accused of leaning questions to get certain results. You find them on the other side of the aisle as well that have Clinton leading by much higher numbers than most have.

The best way to learn is long term polling by a variety of groups. That is where you find consistency with actual results. And those polls have shown the same consistent result since the first day of the primaries. State by state polling in building your electoral map is often the best way to forecast. What states are secure, what states are not etc. And try and find and electoral map. RIght now that map for Trump means taking almost all the battle ground states where he is behind in all but one, and only requires Clinton to win Penn, FL or Ohio all which she leads in.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: soulwaxer

soulwaxer

That will be a debate worth watching.

An unseen clash between good and evil.

I can see the sheep waking up en masse as Trump pulls one wild card after another on old Hill.

He will do what needs to be done to win. Without that, he wouldn't be a billionaire with the confidence he projects.

soulwaxer

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Sillyolme

Please, come along on this ride. This is about the wave that happens when the nomination starts to come closer. The gap is closing. Like it did with Reagan. There are numerous polls showing Hillary still up but it is at an average of 7% when last month it was 10%.

This is when the polling will start to get better. Less choices.

The gap isn't important, people naturally gravitate towards 50/50 splits when given two options, I would expect the final results to be somewhere in the 46-54 range for whoever the two candidates end up being. Additionally, popular votes don't matter because the popular vote doesn't elect the President. What matters is who can carry the swing states. Those are the polls you should pay attention to, if Trump can carry them and he's the nominee, then he will likely win regardless of how he does in the national polls. If he can't, then he won't.

Also, your poll comes right out and says that Trump wins in just one specific circumstance: When the option to vote none of the above (stay at home) is removed. That's not how real elections happen.
edit on 2-5-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

I can see the sheep waking up en masse as Trumppulls one wild card after another on old Hill.

I giggled when I thought about Trump supporters calling anyone else sheep

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Use this and take a look at separate results.

polling.reuters.com.../TM651Y15_13/dates/20160201-20160429/type/smallest

The part that will win this election is how the 27% Refused/Non-Vote/Other will turn out.

25% of a 2 person race is a HUGE or should I say YYYUUUGGGGGGGEEEEEE margin. That is where this election will be won.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

www.aol.com...

Exit poll data from three of the five most recent GOP primaries show Trump has the highest percentage of support from right-leaning women in those states.

Young Turks is in no way, as they said, bias. That is like saying Al Sharpton likes white people. Fiction....

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Were talking about a head to head with HIllary Vs Cruz or Trump, have you even seen the polls, since like, I dunno SUMMER time, they almost unanimously put Cruz as beating Clinton in a head to head, thats just fact.

Well, the latest poll says that the nearest man to Clinton is John Kasich, but he would still be 4% lacking, Cruz is further back again with the poll theantediluvian pointed to.

Clinton, 47%
Ted Cruz 40%

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Exactly. Go over to www.270towin.com and look around...

They've even drawn up how a Hillary vs. Trump and Hillary vs. Cruz electoral college battle would play out, based on existing polling data.

In either case, Hillary still wins.

Hillary VS. Republicans Electoral College Maps

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join