It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump 41%, Clinton 39% in General Election

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy
Because people don't tend to hear negative things about Kasich...or anything at all really.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Oh, and here's a great page showing a BUNCH of different polls besides the Rasmussen one. That one (the Rasmussen one) seems to be the only one showing Trump edging out Clinton.

Like, polls for days
edit on 2-5-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Funny how in these threads Trumps negatives, like his near 60% unfavorability rating are always dismissed

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Oh, and here's a great page showing a BUNCH of different polls besides the Rasmussen one. That one (the Rasmussen one) seems to be the only one showing Trump edging out Clinton.

Like, polls for days

Polls that show Trump in a positive light = positive responses, he's winning this by the power of the people, it's an accurate representation, etc etc

Polls that show Trump in a negative light = rigged elections/manipulation, considered irrelevant, "it's just a poll," the numbers are changed by TPTB, considered propoganda, etc etc

It's funny watching these things play out.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Funny how in these threads Trumps negatives, like his near 60% unfavorability rating are always dismissed

Hillary, who most likely be POTUS, is at 55% unfavorabilty. She's no prize either.
elections.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: muse7

Hillary, who most likely be POTUS, is at 55% unfavorabilty. She's no prize either.
elections.huffingtonpost.com...

I've acknowledged that in every Clinton thread I've made, but Trump supporters act as if Trump is universally liked by everyone.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I want what ever the OP's smoking.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Okay, here's a radical Idea.

Suppose Trump went to Sanders and said. "Look, I'd like to make you Vice President to help me get elected what concessions would I need to make for you to take me up on that offer? Give me three things I'd need to do."

Sanders thinks about it for a second and says "1. Term Limits for Congress and some innitiatives to get the money out of politics. 2. Replace Obama Care with a cheaper, streamlined Universal Healthcare system. and 3. Free College Tuition for all and forgive all outstanding Student debt. Oh and let's not invade Syria. I know that's for but can you live with that?"

Trump says, "Done."

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Polls mean nothing right about now.

For starters, until each party has their fixed candidate and VP pick, it's all a crap shoot.

After that is when the REAL campaign begins.

There are also two HUGE factors at play here.....

1. Which way will Bernie Supporters go (and more importantly, how MANY will go where)? They have 4 options. 1) stay home (the largest number in my opinion), 2) stay with the Dems (a minority I think), 3) Go for an off-party candidate (even smaller minority), and 4) vote Trump, as another anti-establishment choice. Really comes down to how many choose 1 or 4.

2. Many (un-polled) Trump supporters that will come out of the woodwork come election day.

Will either/both be enough to thwart Hillary? Hard to tell, but likely going to be close.
And if close, Trump loses, because so far, only CLOSE elections can be reliably rigged by the establishment.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Of course you don't like the TYT because you are the exact opposite of everything they stand for, politically. That said, they are but a medium and not the source of the polling.

Among minority voters, Trump loses. Sure, they will be a minority of minority Republican voters voting for him but that ain't gonna cut it. Women in his own party don't like him, but of course you have your polls too saying otherwise but the rest of the women in the country won't be voting for him. So he's lost the female vote as well. He's got the white male vote on lock down though, but there are still white liberal men who probably won't be voting for Trump either. I wonder if there's a poll for that? Probably, right?

In any case, Trump is gonna lose to the DNC. He loses horribly to Sanders and, well, just loses to Clinton so your OP here is the first time he's ever beaten her.

Poll: Trump, Clinton score historic unfavorable ratings

That makes Trump and Clinton viewed more unfavorably than any front-runner for either party since 1984, when CBS began polling voters on the question. On the Republican side, Trump scores a net negative of -33, with a favorable rating of 24% compared to 57% of voters who view him unfavorably.

On the Democratic side, Clinton fares only slightly better with a net negative of -21, registering a 31% favorable rating and a 52% unfavorable rating, according to the poll.

I don't know how you think your boy Trump could ever win an election. He'll be lucky to get the nomination but he'll never get into the White House, and too boot, the elite establishment hates him so he's got them and the people against him!

This just in!

Surge in Latino Voter Registration up 98% in California

^ That's to combat Trump if and when he's get the nomination. Good luck team Trump, you're gonna need it!

edit on 2-5-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I've acknowledged that in every Clinton thread I've made, but Trump supporters act as if Trump is universally liked by everyone.

On the contrary, I think both Trump and Hillary are more universally despised than liked.

Thing is, I don't have to LIKE someone as a person to think they'll make a decent POTUS.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

His crusade against Planned Parenthood makes me dislike him but, sadly, he's the best of the bunch and it's ridiculous I'm even saying this!
edit on 2-5-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Okay, here's a radical Idea.

Suppose Trump went to Sanders and said. "Look, I'd like to make you Vice President to help me get elected what concessions would I need to make for you to take me up on that offer? Give me three things I'd need to do."

Sanders thinks about it for a second and says "1. Term Limits for Congress and some innitiatives to get the money out of politics. 2. Replace Obama Care with a cheaper, streamlined Universal Healthcare system. and 3. Free College Tuition for all and forgive all outstanding Student debt. Oh and let's not invade Syria. I know that's for but can you live with that?"

Trump says, "Done."

They would win in a landslide.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Not a radical idea, it's been proposed on these forums multiple times. But the largest point of Bernie's campaign flies in complete opposition to Trumps campaign (& his entire history as a person).

Let's just start and end with the number 1 question...

Trump asks Sanders what he needs to do.

Sanders doesn't even need to think for a second and says "We need to get the corporate money & influence out of politics"

Trump says... "But that's all I've ever known".

Sanders says "I'm outta here".
edit on 2-5-2016 by okrian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I made a bet that Trump would win the POTUS a few days ago when it was at 100/30, the odds are now 3/1. I use SkyBet but have been looking at the odds here over the past few weeks.

I was looking back at the historic odds of Trump being the POTUS and only six months ago he was averaging 9/1 and if you go back a year ago you could have got a massive 150/1...
www.oddschecker.com...

I believe Hillary will beat Sanders as the Democrat nominee and Trump will win the Republican nominee. I believe Sanders has so much grassroots support because the majority are anti-establishment and I just cant imagine the majority of them will vote for Hillary at the election, even to stop Trump who seems less establishment that Hillary for sure.

I also looked at the Norpoth model...
www.liveleak.com...

That was my thinking but I don't know much about the US election process, so I could be wrong in everything I have said and wasted my money

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

The tears of DNC supporters....

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

How can YOUR boy 'beat Hillary" when he can't even beat Trump or Kasich, especially the last FIVE states?

Were talking about a head to head with HIllary Vs Cruz or Trump, have you even seen the polls, since like, I dunno SUMMER time, they almost unanimously put Cruz as beating Clinton in a head to head, thats just fact.

But I know Trump and his supporters dont like polls unless its in his favor........

Trump has no debate skills, Hillary is calculated and thorough.....You think Trump is being attacked now?

Be prepared for his utter destruction if he gets nominated, there is so much dirt on this guy waiting to come to light that hasnt even been touched yet, the man will be in the burn unit........

He's getting Bronze medals left and right now. How does one BEAT Hillary....when they can't even beat the so-called guy that CAN'T BEAT HILLARY??

More proof his supporters have no idea how the election cycle works.........Its like talking to a brick wall

How many debates did Trump win against everyone?

Hillary had a hard time beating Bernie and he didn't even need to throw in emails, benghazi or the mid east, russia, etc!

Wall St. is killing her. Trump will smoke her like a cheap pants suit.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: smurfy
Because people don't tend to hear negative things about Kasich...or anything at all really.

I get you, But first to clear something up, My post said John Kasich would trail Hilary Clinton in this new TIPP poll out 3rd May 2016, the actual figure is reversed to the one I gave, IOW, if the the election was between those two, the polling shows that Kasich would win by 4%, I was out, came back and realised my mistake, but to late to change, as I only have around an hour to edit a post. This is the main thing, Kasich could only end up as the Republican nominee if he had the whole Republican support, whereas he clearly hasn't in other aspects of that poll, because most of the rest are favoured best, even so the poll asks the question, Kasich or Clinton anyway..and thereby the result.

So, polls are a bit like putting a hand in the cookie jar without looking and pulling out whatever you get, and making the best of it, if not your immediate desire, or not your desire at all.
The latter, I think is the case here in at least the main characters, who have a lot of controversy under their belt, and elsewhere, other close contenders, have contentious debris mixed into their agenda, on which they would take action. The polls don't ask such salient things vis a vis the person, as against popular opinion or otherwise, which can or may be a subject of manipulation in any case.
Besides, who's to say they are not just talking the brown stuff just to get elected anyway...and, that is about as good as it gets.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Seriously, I know many women 40's - 80s age range. If Trump gets the nomination, they would vote for him. They do not discuss this as openly. Especially the older ones...they tell me that the tragedies of attacks seen in the news, completely scare them, but no one they know will know what they check off in that booth. They speak to me like I am young, telling me time has shown them that many of their idealisms have ended in disappointment. They were young once and dreamed. Their ideas and dreams were taken to the extremes. They did say that the republican party is not the same. Everything seems to have changed.

They can ramble on, as I am doing now, but many of these women just want the world to balance and be fair for all. They I conclude are moderate republicans and democrats. Too be honest, only 1 spoke up about supporting Hillary. Her only justification in choice, was that nothing would really change and she would see a woman in office! Bless her heart, she was being honest. There were a couple who thought Bernie would be good for her grandchildrens interests too. Though, they really didn't think he could do anything in this government.

Personally, I am trying to be open-minded. Yet, younger people's eyes kind of glaze over if I get too detailed in my questions on why they are voting for their choice, though mostly are between Bernie or Trump. Admittedly, the Trump ones seem to reflect more on job issues. Bernie supporters seem to talk about free things.

Btw... I obtained this observance during my daughter's assoc. degree. Graduation, yesterday. I actually was amazed that the focus turned to politics, but not surprised. Everyone was excited to see their loved ones get their certificates or degrees, but with so many, we were told to arrive early to get best seating. Seems everyone did and the doors wouldn't open until 1 hour before ceremony. What could we all do but talk, until the actual program began! The women were actually talking about it in the bathroom.

Somehow and someway, this election has become the event everyone talks about! What is up with that. I don't recall this type of stuff since the Reagan years. I was a kid and couldn't vote, but it was sure exciting back then.

I still won't say I would fully back Trump...even if I seem to find myself defending him more and more here, but AI have realized I would never vote Sanders or Clinton. These polls will surely adjust come November. The focus will be mostly on the top 2 candidates and anything is possible!

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This new poll has now also been included in the RCP averages, with the average gap now down to less the 7 points for Clinton.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join