It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today May 1st is the Aactual Anniversary of the Ressurection of Christ

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

the delusion will be, when we are gathered to Christ in the clouds,

but see, that's not going to happen

the newly appeared Aliens who have come to help us save 0urselves, will tell you we were removed for re-programing and we will come back when our reprogramming is complete and we no longer are monotheistic in our belief that Jesus is the one true God.

oh...okay....

Soon and then you can go back to this post and say, Chester told us so.

Well, Chester, I suggest you move along - no sense waiting on me to say "you were right", because that's not going to happen either.

that is if they have not forced this to be removed or better yet they plummet the world into darkness and there is not internet Only limited TV just to keep everybody in their control.

oh really.... hmmmm....

oh and you are right our souls are eternal and what you do with Jesus before you die (the deadline) will determine where you will spend eternity with Christ or in an eternal burning lake of fire created for the devil and his angles paying for your own sins, seeing you wanted to do it your way.

Erm...Jesus and I are cool, man. No worries.

And there is no "burning lake of fire". I am still a "student soul" (and so are you, but see, I'm not at a 'kindergarten' level in that regard). I'm more of a higher-education variety "student."

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: ketsuko

.... He did this and when he called out the Jews to be his people from Egypt, he gave them a calender to follow. the month he brought them out was the first month and they would count their weeks by Sabbaths and seasons by feasts.

This is incorrect.The scriptures clearly state the nation of Israel exited Egypt .The nation of Israel were not Jews.In about 920 BCE the nation of Israel split into the northern kingdom called Israel and the southern kingdom called Judah(Jews).The nation of Israel has never been reunited and never will since Israel was dispersed into the nation over 3,000 years ago.

It is impossible to take anything you say seriously.You constantly taunt people to study the bible yet your research is shoddy at best and its sole purpose it to propagate your religous cult agenda.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I could care less what you are but this I know you cannot interpret our posts let alone scriptures.

Whoa dude! Chillax!!!

No need to get all defensive and ugly! (Except I might point out how you are expected, according to your Scriptures, to care about what I am.)

I'm fine with the comprehension of your 'posts' and 'scriptures', friend. I speak very good English, am bilingual in Spanish, and not too shabby at Latin, either! See, that's kind of the thing, too! Because, as a linguist and a writer, a bilingual literature/culture/language major, I notice the nuances.

There are myriad ways to "translate" a piece of literature. It is all too easy (and often done mistakenly!) to 'mis'translate (that is, use a phrase or word that might seem "correct" but is actually a 'pun' or a pejorative or slang....or completely unintelligible in one region or another).
I have spent my life writing, studying the Romance languages and Western Literature, examining verbiage and common use.....

I know that no translation can be trusted - based solely on faith - to be accurate. What gets 'translated/transcribed' into a declared 'translation' is subject to scrutiny by a 3rd party.

Say we have old 'scripture' - but it's in Latin and called A.

Sam is hired to translate A into a different edition called B.

At that point, the only way to verify soundness of translation AND INTERPRETATION (two different things, as I'm sure you know!) , is for Susy, a 3rd party who has seen neither version A nor B to proceed to translate B back into the A and compare the two A versions.....

if the two are indistinguishable, well-done!

What do you think evolution is?

Is this a test?

I think evolution is proven as a manner in which life on this planet has adapted and changed to suit its environment, and to become more complex as the eons pass by. I think it is just as real as psi, paranormal phenomena, and the soul.

If some First Cause made it that way, fine. It just is what it is.
Our souls exist just like all other life and matter and energy - it is recycled, repurposed, and refreshed between lifetimes.

What do you think evolution is?
Because, it's science, you know. Just note that before you answer:

Evolution/adaptation happens. It's fact.

Oh, and also: the only 'extant' fragments of 'the Bible' you cherish are from centuries after "Jesus" was wandering around talking to people. We have NOTHING that was actually written during his lifetime. Nothing. Zero. Zip. Nada. No thing. THAT is a fact.

Therefore, you have dozens of decades during which the story got told, over and over.... in different dialects, and with different story-tellers and different languages.....but apparently not written down. And we know that 'writing' existed, so don't even try going there....

Now, (all of that behind us), you were saying????

edit on 5/1/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I did point out that you can read the Gospels and see that during his 1st Advent, the major events coincide with the Jewish spring feasts. That is not in dispute. ......

This is incorrect.They were not Jewish spring feasts they were Israels.An Israelite is not a Jew(Judahite). The descendants of what became the nation of Judah are Jews.It is impossible to trace the genetic Jewish line that have intermingled with the nation of the world for thousands of years since the diaspora (Babylonian)around 587 BCE then the last diaspora(Roman) was in 70 AD.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Klassified

Our fact are in our book something you nor buzzy believe so just go to another thread as you nor him will convince us otherwise.

you don't have any real facts for the theory evolution but you believe it anyway.

Adding what you asked Buzzy...

But why bother you don't believe them anyway.

Here is why I bother...
1. The motto of the site is "deny ignorance".
2. If I create a thread stating emphatically that reincarnation is a fact, because my Buddhist text says it is, I expect to be challenged on ATS by a myriad of members, because it isn't a fact. It's a belief.
3. Christianity is no more sacred than any other religion on ATS.
4. Because Christianity seeks to convert others to the collective, and I want people to see more than the narrow perspective Christianity presents. It isn't a matter of changing your mind.
5. I witnessed to a lot of people as a Christian, and converted some too. Now I'm paying penance for my actions at that time in my life.
6. Because faith isn't fact, Chester.

edit on 5/1/2016 by Klassified because: too not to

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Getting started on Trump's wall I see.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Not necessarily more complex, but overall right on.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Not necessarily more complex, but overall right on.

MMmm!! Fair enough, yes! Well said.

Perhaps more 'matured' is the word.

I saw the most precious little thing today - on the webz....check this out -
it really does make you wonder about all the beauty that surrounds us and why we find it beautiful:

Where is Hecate?!! Girlfriend, are you there?
You were the one who introduced me to Tardigrades....a little feller I've come to find fascinating - can live in the vacuum of space! Not bad. Not at all bad.....

Blue Dragon Glaucus Atlanticus

Glaucus Atlanticus

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Wow that is an amazing critter and my reasoning is simply look at the simple forms of life. They do evolve, but remain relatively simple. So evolution would be change or adaptation to be better suited for survival whether simpler or more complex.

As to the critter you posted, the first image is amazing; love the color scheme.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

It wouldn't show up for some reason! Here, let me try again to paste it onto the board:

upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Once again, amazing. As much as we destroy this planet, it holds such beauty.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

If no one reads the scriptures then they are not interested in truth or facts.

I think you miss- labeled that sentence. Its your point of view on the scriptures, are you properly educated to have a dogmatic opinion? Are you a pastor, priest or minister? Theologian?

This is a "Double star" or a conjunction that appeared in 2015 , called the wikipedia - Star of Bethlehem, i linked it.

CNN - Conjunction - MSM

Many Christians see the star as a miraculous sign to mark the birth of the Christ (or Messiah). Some theologians claimed that the star fulfilled a prophecy, known as the Star Prophecy. Astronomers have made several attempts to link the star to unusual astronomical events, such as a conjunction of Jupiter and Venus,a comet or a supernova.

Change it to your point of view, and im happy

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I've never understood why people quote the Bible verse after verse and think this is remotely helpful to anyone. It's really just an annoyance and I would venture to say that no one is going to wade through a wall of text like that. It's ill-formed and hard to read the way it's laid out, plus just quoting from someone's translation (one out of many) is basically meaningless.

And HOW do you know "today is the day" anyway. Which calendar are you using? Today's May 1st isn't the same one that was used in 1000 AD. At least the dates of the equinoxes or solstices are based on something measurable. And it makes mythological sense that a 'god' was 'resurrected' on the first day of Spring, when flowers begin to bloom and summer is coming again. It's an allegory, no more real than Santa Claus.

Picking any other date is totally arbitrary and an approximation. Believing one date is REAL over another is just laughable.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Yay yes! Welcome! That's what some of us have been saying...thanks for pitching in!!

edit on 5/1/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

That's laughable. There's no evidence of the exodus which is interesting considering the records kept by the Egyptians.

Revelation was supposed to happen when? According to Jesus it was supposed to happen during the time of the apostles. According to Paul who taught a different message than Jesus it was supposed to happen soon.

John of Patmos was most likely writing what he wrote in regards to what happened with Rome and Jerusalem at the time.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Today May 1st is the Aactual Anniversary of the Ressurection of Christ

For there to be an "actual anniversary", there had to be an "actual historical Jesus".
And the screaming pile of lacking evidence (independent eyewitness reports) makes that 'assumption' that he was historical rather a matter of imaginary friends/beliefs, rather shaky, at best.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Just read the scriptures in full if you want but the ones I use show that facts as stated and need no further enhancement.

Ye know... i really dislike when people tell me to read "scripture"... as if i don't know a word of it...

The date is not needed it is the first day of the week after passover and the feast of unleaven bread.

ok...

Nu 28:16 ¶ And in the fourteenth day of the first month is the passover of the LORD.

So you're telling me the date of your OP is the first month... back then of course...

but according to who... Might i ask?

You may read Exodus for the full account of what that was and how it was to be remembered and when.

except i have... and i know it didn't actually happen the way the biblical texts say... at least not as far as what we have actually found...

edit on 2-5-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

it is not about knowing the exact date it is known to be the first day of the week after the feast of unleavened bread and the final Sabbath that followed.

So if you are going to celebrate it, celebrate it according to the dictates of the scriptures which tell us that it follows the Passover. This year the Passover was over five weeks after Easter. The two (The Passover and Easter) are not the same events.

People will argue, but facts are facts, The resurrection was one week after the first Sabbath of Passover and after the feast of unleavened Bread, and the next day of the closing Sabbath of Passover. Easter in Acts was one of those times it may have aligned but we should never celebrate it before the passover for that would be a total error on the part of Christianity, as it was this year.

for those who don't believe in a literal Jesus, and for those who failed to keep God in your knowledge, you have been given over to a reprobate mind. See Romans 1, many of you fit right in.
edit on 2-5-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

People will argue, but facts are facts, The resurrection was one week after the first Sabbath of Passover and after the feast of unleavened Bread, and the next day of the closing Sabbath of Passover.

Yeah - and Dorothy's shoes were red;

Harry Potter had a friend named Hermione;

Quidditch is a real game (I even have a handbook with the rules in it!);

and Luke Skywalker was the "master" of R2D2 and C3PO.

All facts. Look them up. Oh, and Bilbo Baggins was the original guy who had the ring. He passed it on to Frodo.
FACTS.

for those who don't believe in a literal Jesus, and for those who failed to keep God in your knowledge, you have been given over to a reprobate mind. See Romans 1, many of you fit right in.

Erm, quite the confident preacher, aren't you? Don't tell people they are failures - bad form. I've been "given over" to the rational mind that I was born with and was nurtured by my parents. Jesus literally existed? Probably. He did magic tricks? Not likely. Mythologized hero? ABSOLUTELY.

King Arthur literally existed, too. But the stories about him did not literally happen in the way the legend evolved. Same with many other legendary heroes, like William Wallace....their escapades were shared via word of mouth far and wide, and people made up tall tales about them.

Get. A. Grip. Chester....why does it irritate you so much that people disagree and argue? Why sentence them to hell? What's it to you if we're not wandering around on your cloud playing a harp after you die? You don't really want us there, do you?

edit on 5/2/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: trying to help Chester get a grip

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
you opinion is that the preserved words of God found in the Holy BIble is like any other book.

No other book was compiled by over 45 men over a period of 1400 years and was able to hold it cohesiveness to one understanding and it is preserved for us today.

Not even the writers of Star wars has been able to be so cohesive in all their productions and they still have access to the originals.

I guarantee you that none of those men ever saw an original Bible text, yet by God's power the Holy Scriptures are preserved to us to day and you can hold them in your hands.

There is no other piece of literature has stood the test of time the Holy Bible has.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join