It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today May 1st is the Aactual Anniversary of the Ressurection of Christ

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Nu 28:16 ¶ And in the fourteenth day of the first month is the passover of the LORD.
Nu 33:3 And they departed from Rameses in the first month, on the fifteenth day of the first month; on the morrow after the passover the children of Israel went out with an high hand in the sight of all the Egyptians.
Ex 12:21 ¶ Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel, and said unto them, Draw out and take you a lamb according to your families, and kill the passover.
22 And ye shall take a bunch of hyssop, and dip it in the blood that is in the bason, and strike the lintel and the two side posts with the blood that is in the bason; and none of you shall go out at the door of his house until the morning.
23 For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the LORD will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite you.
24 And ye shall observe this thing for an ordinance to thee and to thy sons for ever.
25 And it shall come to pass, when ye be come to the land which the LORD will give you, according as he hath promised, that ye shall keep this service.
26 And it shall come to pass, when your children shall say unto you, What mean ye by this service?
27 That ye shall say, It is the sacrifice of the LORD'S passover, who passed over the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt, when he smote the Egyptians, and delivered our houses. And the people bowed the head and worshipped.Mt 26:2 Ye know that after two days is the feast of the passover, and the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified.
3 Then assembled together the chief priests, and the scribes, and the elders of the people, unto the palace of the high priest, who was called Caiaphas,
4 And consulted that they might take Jesus by subtilty, and kill him.
5 But they said, Not on the feast day, lest there be an uproar among the people.
Mt 26:17 ¶ Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover?
18 And he said, Go into the city to such a man, and say unto him, The Master saith, My time is at hand; I will keep the passover at thy house with my disciples.
19 And the disciples did as Jesus had appointed them; and they made ready the passover.
20 Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve.
Mr 14:1 ¶ After two days was the feast of the passover, and of unleavened bread: and the chief priests and the scribes sought how they might take him by craft, and put him to death.
Mr 14:12 ¶ And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?
Mr 14:14 And wheresoever he shall go in, say ye to the goodman of the house, The Master saith, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?
Mr 14:16 And his disciples went forth, and came into the city, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover.
Lu 22:1 ¶ Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called the Passover.
2 And the chief priests and scribes sought how they might kill him; for they feared the people.
3 Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.
4 And he went his way, and communed with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray him unto them.
5 And they were glad, and covenanted to give him money.
6 And he promised, and sought opportunity to betray him unto them in the absence of the multitude.
7 ¶ Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed.
8 And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare us the passover, that we may eat.
9 And they said unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare?
10 And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in.
11 And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?
12 And he shall shew you a large upper room furnished: there make ready.
13 And they went, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover.
14 And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him.
15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:
16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.
Joh 13:1 ¶ Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.
Joh 19:14 And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King!
Joh 19:31 ¶ The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
32 Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him.
33 But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:
34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.
35 And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe.
36 For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.
37 And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.
38 ¶ And after this Joseph of Arimathaea, being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly for fear of the Jews, besought Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus: and Pilate gave him leave. He came therefore, and took the body of Jesus.
39 And there came also Nicodemus, which at the first came to Jesus by night, and brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about an hundred pound weight.
40 Then took they the body of Jesus, and wound it in linen clothes with the spices, as the manner of the Jews is to bury.
41 Now in the place where he was crucified there was a garden; and in the garden a new sepulchre, wherein was never man yet laid.
42 There laid they Jesus therefore because of the Jews' preparation day; for the sepulchre was nigh at hand.
Lu 23:50 ¶ And, behold, there was a man named Joseph, a counsellor; and he was a good man, and a just:
51 (The same had not consented to the counsel and deed of them
he was of Arimathaea, a city of the Jews: who also himself waited for the kingdom of God.
52 This man went unto Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus.
53 And he took it down, and wrapped it in linen, and laid it in a sepulchre that was hewn in stone, wherein never man before was laid.
54 And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on.
55 And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid.
Mr 15:42 ¶ And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the sabbath,
edit on 1-5-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Mt 27:57 ¶ When the even was come, there came a rich man of Arimathaea, named Joseph, who also himself was Jesus' disciple:
58 He went to Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded the body to be delivered.
59 And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth,
60 And laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed.
61 And there was Mary Magdalene, and the other Mary, sitting over against the sepulchre.
62 Now the next day, that followed the day of the preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate,
Mt 28:1 ¶ In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day, of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
Joh 19:14 And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King!
Joh 19:31 ¶ The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
Joh 19:38 ¶ And after this Joseph of Arimathaea, being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly for fear of the Jews, besought Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus: and Pilate gave him leave. He came therefore, and took the body of Jesus.
39 And there came also Nicodemus, which at the first came to Jesus by night, and brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about an hundred pound weight.
40 Then took they the body of Jesus, and wound it in linen clothes with the spices, as the manner of the Jews is to bury.
41 Now in the place where he was crucified there was a garden; and in the garden a new sepulchre, wherein was never man yet laid.
42 There laid they Jesus therefore because of the Jews' preparation day; for the sepulchre was nigh at hand.

the passover started the Sabbath day one week before the resurrection day, It was followed by the feast of unleaven bread Jesus was taken and crucified the day before the final sabbath day of the passover and laid in the tomb. The first day after the second Sabbath day of Passover he arose.

This year it was not in alignment with the pagan holiday Easter.

Today is the true anniversary of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Excuse me. No one is going to read that wall of copied and pasted bible verses.

If you're lucky, they'll get to the bottom of the 2nd post (part 2 of the OP) before they click out.

You still need to give a summary, and more than one sentence of an original thought to your new thread. Also at least one NON-BIBLE source, and if you can't be bothered to do that much, no one will bother to pay any attention to you. Really.

edit on 5/1/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

One must show his proof to verify the truth and the facts. If no one reads the scriptures then they are not interested in truth or facts. This is not an opinion piece this is a factual matter and many in the church celebrated Easter but will not celebrate the resurrection day of Jesus Christ.

The word of God is truth alone I will need no such non-biblical text to prove the facts of the Resurrection day.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Might be an idea to give a break down of how you came to this conclusion...

the date is not said specifically in any of the texts

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Just read the scriptures in full if you want but the ones I use show that facts as stated and need no further enhancement.

The date is not needed it is the first day of the week after passover and the feast of unleaven bread.

You may read Exodus for the full account of what that was and how it was to be remembered and when.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The word of God is truth alone I will need no such non-biblical text to prove the facts of the Resurrection day.

So ---- can't you at least tell your own version of it?

Like, in your own words, give us the story.
As you understand it.

Not that hard of a task if you know the story.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Orthodox Easter in the United States

Many Orthodox Christians in the United States celebrate Jesus’ resurrection on Easter Sunday. The Orthodox Christian date for Easter Sunday often occurs at a later date than the Easter date observed by many western churches. The day is also known as Pascha, Easter and Easter Day.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

no need, because if I do then it is my words and not God's.

In this way it is God's word's stated factually and accurately.

One needs only to read them and believe them.

Easter this year was not aligned with the Sabbath and so it was not the resurrection day.

today is the true resurrection day of Jesus Christ, as it follows the Passover always and it never changes.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't care what any Orthodox church says. They are the ones to make perverted translations of the Bible and use Greek words like Pascha to prove nothing but their acceptance of pagan religion cloaked in Christianity.

The Resurrection of Christ is in the first month of the Jewish religious calendar and followed the feast of unleaven bread and the final Passover Sabbath. The anniversary of His resurrection is today not last month on the so called Easter.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

RIght. It's a factual matter. Just like the nice little drawing you made to illustrate the living conditions at the time of Jesus in the place where Jesus supposedly was born. It was a nice little drawing.
It didn't go over very spectacularly - it didn't even really get off the ground.

So - how about you give us some "Chester" instead of Bible pages?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

"Easter" is a prescriptive "moveable feast".

Do you know how they decide each year?
I do!!!! - it's the first Sunday after the first full moon after the spring (vernal) equinox. So - which calendar do you favor again?

Also, what brain cells particularly allow you to believe this ancient myth that he "rose from the dead"? (Whether by machination of those cells, or lack thereof?)

Chester, I really think you're a well-meaning guy. I just hope you can get an idea of how your threads and posts need to be fortified.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

no need, because if I do then it is my words and not God's.

In this way it is God's word's stated factually and accurately.

One needs only to read them and believe them.

But see, very, very few visitors or readers or members will read them (believing them is a separate topic).....and you don't know whether your particular favorite 'flavor/translation/version' is familiar to them or not. Go on then - everyone else has had a shot at it....devise your own version!!!!

Say the very same thing (as in describing the topic and issue and occurrences) but do it in your own words.

Any of us is free to go click on Bible verses any old time - be different if you really want an audience.
yawn

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Might be an idea to give a break down of how you came to this conclusion...

the date is not said specifically in any of the texts

It is pretty well known or suspected that the birth, crucifixion and resurrection are not celebrated on the exact dates.

However, one of Christ's main messages was that legalism without the spirit is wrong. So, if you do discover the exact day, are you doing it more to satisfy your preconceived legalistic, ritualistic need to be correct or because the spirit calls you to? The most important thing is to remember these things happened, why they happened, and the believe on Him.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Today is also the 240th anniversary of the Illuminati.

Yesterday was the Church of Satan's 50th anniversary.

More on that later...

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The most important thing is to remember these things happened,

In the book, yes.....

why they happened,
which is merely more plotting in the book, and most of that plotting entwined therein retroactively (like fan fiction), and -- even more sketchy in terms of veracity! -- tweakable. Anyone can edit it.....and countless underrepresented and underappreciated scribes did just that (like Wikipedia!)....

and the believe on Him.

Believe on Him. You just said "believe on Him."

Not 'believe it', or 'believe him', or any sort of normal, conversational English stating that what he said 'was what one should believe'.
No - "believe on Him". So very pretentious. Ridiculously so.

Like as if we need to have the "decoder rings" that come in the Ovaltine cans to know what it is supposed to mean.
It's silly, peurile, pretentious, and jejune.

But, no worries - you are not alone! And of course, you come by it honest, having been born in the Flint Hills and all. They didn't know better, I'm sure.
Chester is equally unable/unwilling to use his own words.
Whatever.
Today is May Day. Flowers for everyone (left anonymously - May Baskets on the doorknobs). Whitsuntide. An old pagan festival - Maypoles are another tradition, and sometimes bonfires.

Maypole facts.
A maypole is a tall wooden pole erected as a part of various European folk festivals, around which a maypole dance often takes place.

The festivals may occur on May Day or Pentecost (Whitsun), although in some countries it is instead erected at Midsummer. In some cases the maypole is a permanent feature that is only utilised during the festival, although in other cases it is erected specifically for the purpose before being taken down again.

Primarily found within the nations of Germanic Europe and the neighbouring areas which they have influenced, its origins remain unknown, although it has been speculated that it originally had some importance in the Germanic paganism of Iron Age and early Medieval cultures, and that the tradition survived Christianisation, albeit losing any original meaning that it had.

It has been a recorded practice in many parts of Europe throughout the Medieval and Early Modern periods, although it became less popular in the 18th and 19th centuries. Today, the tradition is still observed in some parts of Europe and among European communities in North America.

Do at least try to cope.

Facts, you know. Because facts.
"Believe on" sounds pretentious, and you know it. *eyeroll*

Oh, also - just for the record here - Bernie Sanders is by far more in agreement with Jesus than ANY of the other American hopefuls, whether Catholic, Jewish, Orthodox, Protestant, "Evangelicals" or Establishment types.

How you all can stomach any of them is beyond me.

Pathetic. *smh*

Don't get screwed. Don't vote Republican.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It is pretty well known or suspected that the birth, crucifixion and resurrection are not celebrated on the exact dates.

You said 'It is pretty well known or suspected'.....

Really?!!

No, ket, that's not the case: it is absolutely true, proven FACT. The pagan festivals were 'renamed' to match the silly Bible stories...because the Church was unable to eradicate the pagan festivals. So, they adopted the same dates in order to appeal to those masses.

Deal with it. That is the truth. That is what happened.

Christmas coincides with the Winter Solstice - three days after the 21st, the sun begins to "rise" toward the north again, after staying near the horizon for 3 solid days. THIS IS A FACT.

"Easter" was reworked as described above (1st Sunday after the 1st Full Moon after the Vernal Equinox) likewise -
to coincide with the spring festival that the pagans refused to give up.

Really? You're just now knowing this?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

you are incorrect I made no drawing to "illustrate the living conditions at the time of Jesus". You made that in quotes up yourself. I made no such claim. The picture was done to help us correctly interpret what we see. Whether by an actual picture or the minds picture. But you wouldn't know that because you wouldn't try it. That post was about how individuals misinterpret what they see.

So the next time you want to accuse me of something try getting your fact straight so you can rightly interpret. But thanks you see your minds picture interpreted what you read and saw as " an illustration of the living conditions at the time of Jesus" which was not even the point or the facts. But proves you couldn't correctly interpret you way out of a paper bag.

However this is not an issue of interpretation this is an issue of facts and all the facts are quoted and stand clear that the actual resurrection followed the Passover and the feast of unleavened bread.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
that is how Easter is decided. the true resurrection follows the Passover, and is the first month of the Jewish religious calendar.

You all can make all the excuses you want but the facts stand. the resurrection is not easter and easter is not the resurrection.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The picture was done to help us correctly interpret what we see. Whether by an actual picture or the minds picture. But you wouldn't know that because you wouldn't try it. That post was about how individuals misinterpret what they see.

Oh for heaven's sake!!!

You made the drawing. You styled it after what is surmised about the living conditions in the "Jesus" area at the time of his life. You said as much. You wanted people to "notice" whatever things. You might just as well have shown them a "Where's Waldo?" picture.

Don't be silly. You made the picture, Chuck. You tried to use it to school readers. Unfortunately, it was a flop. Sorry. You're just going to have to up your game a few notches on ATS - because the majority of readers are far beyond

"Jesus 101."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join