It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today May 1st is the Aactual Anniversary of the Ressurection of Christ

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Except the bible does not hold its cohesiveness to one understanding. In fact followers of that one book disagree on many points of scripture and doctrine.

So that areguement doesn't stand at all. If it were as cohesive as you say there wouldn't be hundreds of sects of Christianity. Secondly it's been proven that some of the events of the bible never occurred or didn't occur as the bible states.

Third the bible conflicts with modern science and understanding.

Fourth the god you worship changes from vegenful and violent to turn the other cheek to vengeful and violent.

The bible condoned the rape of unwed women and allowed for the perpetrators of the crime to buy their victim. What kind of a monster god does such a thing? And that's only the beginning of the bibles atrocities.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

There is no other piece of literature has stood the test of time the Holy Bible has.

Of course there is!

The Tibetan scrolls, for example. The Sumerian cuneiforms. The Egyptian hieroglyphics. You're being silly now, Chester.

Now, here, I'll give you your syllabus.

THEO 102 Crash Course in Comparative Religion (Spring 2016)

Lesson One:

Look at ALL of those ancient pieces of literature. ALL OF THEM. Then: Find the common denominator.

Give equal time and attention to each. Study them, one at a time, learn about them. Compare and contrast them to each other. Present your thinking now, and then after you have done the lesson, present your thinking again.

That is your assignment, friend.
No due date. It's all up to you. Do your best!!!

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigsbefore I became a believer I did find all the common denominator. However I don't accept that as accurate any more. Seeing there is only one thing that keeps me from an eternity with Christ and that is my rejection of his work on the cross.

Common denominators will lead many down the wide road and an eternity where they have to pay for their sins their way in a place made for the devil and his angels.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

And I bid you fare well, Chester.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Some paths up the mountain are more treacherous and deadly than others.
edit on 4-5-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Some paths up the mountain are more treacherous and deadly than others.

Yes, and.....??

Some are simply too crowded with noisy tourists in flip flops and shorts. I prefer the steeper, more isolated and poorly marked off-the-beaten-track trails, in my hiking boots and jeans, with very few people around me. A walking stick, a canine companion or two, some good trail mix, relaxing herbal smokes, and cold beer along the way. Plus, I bet I get there before you do!

And I'll have a sense of personal accomplishment, like I did the first time I scaled a mountain face (rock-climbing) on a belay line. That was over 40 years ago - when I was in high school. From the bottom (where the road was) to the top of the climb was maybe 30 feet, but the panoramic view from the top was unforgettable...we were on a summit and could see the entire mountain range.

Toodles! Don't forget the sunscreen!

edit on 5/4/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I was referring to paths as metaphorical not literal mountain passes. If one misses the metaphorical in a post, it is most certain that he will miss one in the scriptures.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join