It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilot arrested in cockpit for intoxication

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
"Ladies and... um.... gentlemen... this is er.. yer captain speaking. The uh copilot will be doing mmmmost of the flying this trip since I-I-I-I've had too much to drink"

LOL

Ok. Maybe it isn't funny but an AirTran pilot was arrested in the cockpit of his plane in Las Vegas. He was "charged with operating an aircraft under the influence after a federal screener at McCarran International Airport smelled alcohol".

Your thoughts on flying AirTran or America West now?

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Just think what could have happened if someone hadnt smelled the booze

There's no excuse for this. I hope he's fired.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I don't think termination is an issue. I think the FAA will revoke his license.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Actually to make things a bit mroe scary, he was armed too

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
...Actually I could imagine that after 9/11 more pilots are (illigaly) carrying a gun , so as to feel they can do fight back in case of an attempted hijack ?

XL5

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
He was drunk and was trying to kill a jet full of people, he's a terrorist! J/K

The ones who found him drunk should state the intoxication level. If its mild, then he should be suspended for one year and if he's not clean by then, then its a two year suspension, then failing that, no wings.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Whats so bad is that we are worried so much about terrorists getting into the cockpits and driving planes into buildings when people fly drunk all the time and are a far greater risk of causing crashes than terrorists. Sucks when you can't carry nail clippers anymore cause there is a file that pulls out in the way a knife does , but you can down a few and walk right into the cockpit and fly 100 or so people right into the ground, right idea prevent injury to passengers just not the right way to prevent problems, I would rather be on a plane with a terrorist with those nail clippers with the file out than be setting in the back of the bus waiting for an idiot to get done with coctail hour just so we can take off. Better yet after we take off to shoot a hole in the plane playing gunsmoke while he is drunk,

[edit on 14/1/2005 by drbryankkruta]

top topics

join