It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colledge education does not make you a better person.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Most of the world's knowledge is openly available to anyone who can read and who knows how to think and analyze. Sadly, this is not most people anymore and it is a mistake to assume that college will teach you those skills anymore than your primary and secondary schooling will. Reading is the easiest of the three to pick up, but the other two are rapidly vanishing.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Reading is equally rapidly vanishing.

And I don't think commercial authors should really count, but they are better than nothing certainly.
edit on 29-4-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Colledge education does not make you a better person.

no it would not but ironically it would make you a better speller lol

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This is false of course. Obviously teachers are a necessity at all levels from birth until death. College is where young adults are taught. College is important and I encourage all people to give it careful thought.

This is honestly so ridiculous to even think about. I'd much rather have my tonsils taken out by someone who was trained at Harvard's School of Medicine than by my neighbor Jerry who read about it on the Internet and watched some YouTube videos then practiced on a bunch of small woodland critters. Jerry might be a great guy and sharp as a tack, but he's not a qualified surgeon. Come on...this can't be a serious statement you're making.

And you do realize that a huge majority of college is actually reading on one's own? Your teacher makes you read from the same books that are at the library. The same knowledge that is widely available for free. The catch is that they make you write things about what you've read to make sure that you actually understood it. Sorry if you failed at that part. I got an A in molecular genetics. That mainly happened because I read a book, studied for a test on the material in that book, understood it, and got all the answers right. It wouldn't have happened if my professor wasn't there to answer my questions and guide me towards a full understanding of the subject. You know you live a full life because of the knowledge that is passed on by teachers from these books? Modern medicine is based off it and you spit on our work while benefitting from it at the same time. The people who don't like to be taught are the most ignorant members of our society.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: anonymous1legion

In a way, someone who takes the time to be taught to spell shows a greater level of character than someone who carelessly misspells when addressing other humans. The proper speller is showing courtesy by respecting the other persons intelligence which the bad spellers does not offer in return. It is a sign of disrespect and bad character. Also, isn't the inability to spell correctly by an able minded person a sign of laziness? A laziness that can penetrate into our work and affect those around them?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

OP? I'm sorry that you felt that you even had to explain yourself.

There are too many arrogant, elitist morons who think their poo smells like rose petals just because they went to university.

It's no ones damned business to determine how educated you are or how educated you need to be.

I've seen more idiots with degrees than I have hard working men and women who never attended college.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

I, personally speaking, was raised that any tool should be used properly. Should be used with respect for the tool.

The written language is definitely a tool we humans have created. Not using it properly, not making an effort to correct your own mistakes, is nothing other than showing a lack of respect for the tool.

Some people are not as intuitively good with spelling. But of those people, there are those who also take the time and effort to actually learn from their mistakes. Learn to use the tool correctly.

I find it patently difficult to respect those who almost willfully choose otherwise. It only speaks to their character as a whole, in my eyes.

And btw, a college education has nothing at all to do with this.

edit on 30-7-2016 by antiguaEstrella because: NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join