It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRUMP...Most Votes In GOP History

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: jimmyx

Try listening to him in speeches and his website he gives a surprising amount of details for not having held office. But again he has Jeff sessions as a foreign policy advisor. I actually thought this was a brilliant move by Donald with his position in the senate he understands military and forign policy. Almost makes me repeat Donald in his decision making.unfortunately his mouth ruins the package.

www.donaldjtrump.com...

here's his website page on the "details" for fixing the veterans administration.....again no details...what he says on that page about the "fix" sounds nice, but it's just broad proclamations of what every American wants the VA to be like.

here's his first point...

Ensure our veterans get the care they need wherever and whenever they need it. No more long drives. No more waiting for backlogs. No more excessive red tape. Just the care and support they earned with their service to our country.

well, no S**t, "Sherlock trump".....red tape?...done away with...HOW?...no more long drives?....done away with...HOW?....no more waitng for backlogs....done....BUT HOW?..................geez, a first year poly-si student could have come up with all that vagueness
edit on 30-4-2016 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Try listening to him in speeches and his website he gives a surprising amount of details for not having held office. But again he has Jeff sessions as a foreign policy advisor. I actually thought this was a brilliant move by Donald with his position in the senate he understands military and forign policy. Almost makes me repeat Donald in his decision making.unfortunately his mouth ruins the package.

www.donaldjtrump.com...

here's his website page on the "details" for fixing the veterans administration.....again no details...what he says on that page about the "fix" sounds nice, but it's just broad proclamations of what every American wants the VA to be like.

here's his first point...

Ensure our veterans get the care they need wherever and whenever they need it. No more long drives. No more waiting for backlogs. No more excessive red tape. Just the care and support they earned with their service to our country.

well, no S**t, "Sherlock trump".....red tape?...done away with...HOW?...no more long drives?....done away with...HOW?....no more waitng for backlogs....done....BUT HOW?..................geez, a first year poly-si student could have come up with all that vagueness

What would you like to know? Or more specifically, how many different things could be done to achieve those goals do you think?
I know you are trying to make a point about detail, but it really is totally irrelevant.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

long drives?....yeah, every red blooded American (which includes myself), don't want to see our vets having to drive for hours just to see a VA doctor....but...that means more VA hospitals or regular doctors receiving VA payments. see it's easy, right?.....but, if this is so easy, why hasn't it been done yet?.....trump cannot just order it to be done, he's not the only person that has a HUGE ego, there are 50 states full of them....and....how about where this money will come from? there are 535 people in congress with equally HUGE egos.....he has to go through congress for that because, well, it's in the constitution.....and then there are the courts, etc...

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

long drives?....yeah, every red blooded American (which includes myself), don't want to see our vets having to drive for hours just to see a VA doctor....but...that means more VA hospitals or regular doctors receiving VA payments. see it's easy, right?.....but, if this is so easy, why hasn't it been done yet?.....trump cannot just order it to be done, he's not the only person that has a HUGE ego, there are 50 states full of them....and....how about where this money will come from? there are 535 people in congress with equally HUGE egos.....he has to go through congress for that because, well, it's in the constitution.....and then there are the courts, etc...

You seem to be looking for the kind of detail you are never going to get - from any candidate.

Why is it not enough to say you are going to reduce the travel distance for VA's by opening up existing hospitals for VA treatment? Budgets are interrelated with a host of other initiatives and house/senate voting will be based on who he can influence when in office. Are you expecting a Senate floor count and a P&L just for his VA strategy?
I am struggling to understand what you are looking for and why it's important right now.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

You seem to be looking for the kind of detail you are never going to get - from any candidate.

Why is it not enough to say you are going to reduce the travel distance for VA's by opening up existing hospitals for VA treatment? Budgets are interrelated with a host of other initiatives and house/senate voting will be based on who he can influence when in office. Are you expecting a Senate floor count and a P&L just for his VA strategy?
I am struggling to understand what you are looking for and why it's important right now.

here's what Hillary says, along with some legislation, that got through the congressional wringer.

As a senator and member of the Armed Services Committee, Hillary:

• Increased assistance for families caring for veterans. Hillary introduced the Heroes at Home Act of 2006, and fought to establish new services for military members and veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress and traumatic brain injuries. She successfully amended the 2007 Defense Appropriations Act to establish a traumatic brain injury family caregiver training curriculum for DOD and VA hospitals, and she championed efforts to create programs that make it easier for military family members to provide care for their loved ones.

• Expanded health care coverage for Reservists and National Guard members. Hillary worked across the aisle with Senator Lindsey Graham to expand veterans’ access to military health insurance, ensuring that all members of the Reserves and National Guard—and their families—had access to military health benefits even when they’re not deployed.

• Protected family members caring for wounded warriors. Hillary collaborated closely with Senator Chris Dodd to author and introduce new legislation that aimed to broaden protections afforded by the Family and Medical Leave Act to the family members of wounded service members. She is proud that the legislation was enacted as part of the 2008 National Defense Authorization Act.

•Supported survivors of fallen service members. Working with Republican Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison, Hillary sponsored legislation to expand benefits afforded to surviving spouses. She and Republican Senator Chuck Hagel also introduced a bill to increase the gratuity paid to family members of fallen veterans from $12,000 to $100,000; the proposal was enacted as part of the 2005 supplemental appropriations act. Hillary also served as an honorary board member for the non-profit Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors, which provides resources and support to family members of those who have died in military service.

•Joined efforts to build veterans rehabilitation center. Hillary joined with Republican Senator John McCain to personally raise money for the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund. Their efforts were critical to building the Center for the Intrepid, a new $50 million state-of-the-art physical rehabilitation facility in San Antonio, Texas, designed specifically to help seriously wounded service members returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.

from...www.hillaryclinton.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

If I had to guess why VAs can not get treated at regular hospitals under VA benefits, I would say it might be because then the VA would not get their money for the services.

When you don't have a president that is owned by the special interest groups and good-old-boys making their deals, then things can be managed more impartially and practically for veterans.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

here's what Hillary says, along with some legislation, that got through the congressional wringer.

As a senator and member of the Armed Services Committee, Hillary:

• Increased assistance for families caring for veterans. Hillary introduced the Heroes at Home Act of 2006, and fought to establish new services for military members and veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress and traumatic brain injuries. She successfully amended the 2007 Defense Appropriations Act to establish a traumatic brain injury family caregiver training curriculum for DOD and VA hospitals, and she championed efforts to create programs that make it easier for military family members to provide care for their loved ones.

• Expanded health care coverage for Reservists and National Guard members. Hillary worked across the aisle with Senator Lindsey Graham to expand veterans’ access to military health insurance, ensuring that all members of the Reserves and National Guard—and their families—had access to military health benefits even when they’re not deployed.

• Protected family members caring for wounded warriors. Hillary collaborated closely with Senator Chris Dodd to author and introduce new legislation that aimed to broaden protections afforded by the Family and Medical Leave Act to the family members of wounded service members. She is proud that the legislation was enacted as part of the 2008 National Defense Authorization Act.

•Supported survivors of fallen service members. Working with Republican Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison, Hillary sponsored legislation to expand benefits afforded to surviving spouses. She and Republican Senator Chuck Hagel also introduced a bill to increase the gratuity paid to family members of fallen veterans from $12,000 to $100,000; the proposal was enacted as part of the 2005 supplemental appropriations act. Hillary also served as an honorary board member for the non-profit Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors, which provides resources and support to family members of those who have died in military service.

•Joined efforts to build veterans rehabilitation center. Hillary joined with Republican Senator John McCain to personally raise money for the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund. Their efforts were critical to building the Center for the Intrepid, a new $50 million state-of-the-art physical rehabilitation facility in San Antonio, Texas, designed specifically to help seriously wounded service members returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.

from...www.hillaryclinton.com...

You are talking about things she has done, which is not much in her life in politics. You should list out the disasters also, like the mess she created in the Middle East. Trump has not been in office. Shall I list out the many achievements he has in his field?

Where is Hillary's plan, in detail, for the next 4 years? I have read her site detail. Lots of words but very little on how. In fact a number of her promises are in complete contrast to what she is actually saying.

Here is some of her 'detail' on clean energy:

Revitalize coal communities. Building a 21st century clean energy economy will create new jobs and industries, protect public health, and reduce carbon pollution. But we can’t ignore the impact this transition is already having on coal communities. Hillary’s $30 billion plan to revitalize coal communities will ensure coal miners, power plant operators, transportation workers, and their families get the respect they deserve and the benefits they have earned; invest in economic diversification and job creation; and make coal communities an engine of US economic growth in the 21st century, as they have been for generations.

She has recently gone on the attack against coal communities.

So loads of words and promises on her site, some of it contrary to what she actually says, and very little on the how.
edit on 30/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

his achievements?....lost hundreds of millions in investor money through 3 of his real estate bankruptcies...and.....
1...trump airlines...failed
2...trump beverages....failed
3...trump "the game"....failed
4...trump magazine...failed
5...trump mortgage...failed
6...trump steaks....failed
7...trump travel site...failed
8...trump university...failed
9...trump vodka...failed
10...trump cologne...failed
11...trump menswear...failed
12...trump-branded mattress...failed

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Trump has competed in three more contests than her and they're less than 35K votes apart.
It is likely Trump won't get a high percentage of women's votes and more women than men vote.
Also more women than men make up the democratic registered voters.

Someone submitted a figure saying about 20% of republicans will vote for Clinton if Trump is the nominee. I'm willing to bet a good portion of them are women. I saw it in New topics. I didn't read the thread.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Yeah...like Romney. Mitt would sell his mother on the street corner if he thought he'd win. Although it's hilarious it's also sad to see these narcissists drop to their knees and polish the knob in broad daylight in front of everyone including God. Personally, I think the videos of Cruz's daughter showing hostile behavior towards her father says volumes. The guy is so obviously a total dick-head.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

AHHHHH...A message sponsored by the "Cruz's admirers from the sauna room gang" huh? Wow...sorry. I may have said that too early. Maybe you are a democrat. I hope so cuz I can't imagine how anyone could possibly vote for Cruz.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: IAMTAT

On one level its great that people are beginning to see the system is broken and are tired of the same used car salesman tactics.

On the other hand they are jumping from one used car salesman to another used car salesman.

I starred this because it seems funny, but you are wrong, he is a NEW car salesman, how can you contradict yourself so badly in 2 separate sentences ?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Because lying in a nice tone is better ?

People need to wake up and realize that those who need to be told how destructive and dumb they are, and provably so, need to be told loudly and without hesitation or fear.

I admire this trait of his, and his ability to say these things.

It only proves his correctness of the situation when people cry about how they are being told the truth.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Lest there be any remaining doubt that Trump represents a powerful new movement in U.S. history.

The movement of letting gullibility override rationality? I will agree though, this gullibility IS much more powerful than I originally assumed.

Been there, done that. It was called 'hope and change.'

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Considering Romney lost to Obama because 3 million Republicans stayed home...I'm liking Trump's vote numbers already...and they're going up as we speak.

I wonder how many popular votes does Hillary have so far in the primaries compared to Trump. I can only find delegate counts.

Here are the actual numbers (not the poor information provided above suggesting that Dems have more votes)

Republican Votes : 25.535m of which Trump has 10.124m
Democrat Votes : 21.695m of which Clinton has 12.250m

Use greenpapers.com - good source

Greenpapers

Not bad considering there were 16 other people running and what, 5 states that didn't vote?

Repubs showed up more than dems.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
Wow.. I checked out your link www.realclearpolitics.com... correct me if I'm wrong but
Sanders beats Trump by double in most polls www.realclearpolitics.com...
and way out scores Clinton vs Trump. Love how the msm reflects
how Americans actually feel (sarcasm)

Sanders destroys Trump in a general election. He is the DEMs best chance, much more so than Hillary. Trump does have an outside chance of making up the ground to beat Hillary, but I would say he'd be a dead man walking if Sanders were his opponent.

Sanders gets too emotional.

Trump would get under his skin.

Maybe, but I think Trump's only chance is drawing some Sanders voters to beat Hillary. There is no way it would work if he had to draw Hillary voters to beat Sanders.

I am not anti-Trump, but I am anti-Trump for president. IMO he needs some political experience. Would like to see him in a political position for the next 4 years, then I'd have a better idea how he'd handle it.

I don't think Trump could win a debate with Hillary.

I see Sanders supporters not voting at all, more then ever supporting Trump.

Political experience? Like knowing how to tell the same lie 5 different ways with a straight face?

I think people are overestimating the value of political "experience"

Look at Obama, he had none. He was a 2 yr senator. Got in by blackmail and dirty tricks.

Hillary, first lady a couple times, take an inventory before she leaves and probably gave Rudy cancer so he'd drop out of the race for NY senator.
1st run for potus? lol. Got schlonged, didn't she.
Sec state? How'd that work out? Ask anyone in the Mideast and N.Africa and the families of "no one lost" in Lybia.
And people want to give her the nuke codes?

$500k a speech isn't good enough for her?

Anyway, Trump would smoke her in the debates.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I'm sure Trump could get a lot done & learn a ton as a governor or senator or something first?
/sarc
edit on 1-5-2016 by SmurfRider because: Typo

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Well you would be what I call ...wrong. Top of my class. College grad.
Hillary supporter.
My age group over 50. I'm retired already.
Homeowner.
Born and raised in NYC I knew Trump when he first started making noise. He had the reputation of a party lad. A cheater who divorced his first wife to marry the bimbo he was cheating on her with. Then when she gets a bit older he trades her in for a newer model.
Crass and classless. That was trump. Gold doors and fake indoor waterfalls and fake plants.
All that glitters is not gold.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SmurfRider

He doesn't even have a master's degree. He got a BA in business.
More than half of the previous presidents were lawyers.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Yale law school graduate, Corporate lawyer, First lady of Arkansas, first lady of the United States, senator of New York, secy of state.of the United States.
Wow you are really hard to impress. Must be those born to greatness royals you're comparing our leaders to.
Around here if we call queen or prince a dog usually comes running.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join