It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRUMP...Most Votes In GOP History

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Lest there be any remaining doubt that Trump represents a powerful new movement in U.S. history.
With more Republicans turning out to vote this primary cycle...and more voters from other parties now registering Republican in order to support 'Donaldo Magnus'...this is turning into a potential landslide year for Republicans.

Most political pundits continue to scratch their heads over this growing tsunami of support...but as this momentum continues to grow and grow the establishment from BOTH parties may soon have to admit what is appearing more and more inevitable....that Donald J. Trump will become the NEXT POTUS.

Donald Trump could amass most primary votes in GOP history

Donald Trump will likely wind up winning the most primary votes of any GOP presidential candidate in modern history, the author of the influential Smart Politics blog told The Post on Wednesday. After convincing victories in Tuesday’s primaries in five East Coast states, Trump has roughly 10.1 million votes, about 200,000 more than Mitt Romney got during the entire 2012 primary campaign.

And with the primaries ahead — including in populous states such as California, New Jersey and Indiana — the former “Apprentice” ­reality TV star should easily break the modern record of 10.8 million held by George W. Bush in 2000, according to blogger Eric Ostermeier, a political science professor at the University of Minnesota.

“In an election cycle with a high Republican turnout, his numbers are rising, even more so now that there’s only three candidates” left in the GOP race, he said.

The reasons include a combination of Trump’s celebrity, media exposure and higher-than-usual interest in his over-the-top candidacy, Ostermeier said.

The numbers-crunching blogger uses figures compiled by Congressional Quarterly that differ from those compiled by other groups, some of which say Bush got as many as 12 million votes in the 2000 primaries.

But even if that were the case, Trump would still likely shatter the record.

The next big-state primaries include Indiana on May 3 and California and New Jersey on June 7.

Meanwhile, Trump on Wednesday night held a rally in Indianapolis, where former Indiana University basketball coach Bobby Knight called him “the most prepared man in history to step in as president of the United States.”

nypost.com...

edit on 28-4-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The thing that I find most comical about all this.....

Is that Trump was ridiculed for suggesting that he would consider running as a third party candidate if he was "treated unfairly".....

And now I hear from some Republicans that if Trump is THE nominee, they will consider seeking out a third party candidate.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Interesting point. The establishment is like a crazed rabid dog over Trump. Their opinions and actions are just getting embarrassing and ludicrous.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Donald Trump could amass most primary votes in GOP history

Possible popularity among GOP voters does not translate to winning the general.

General Election: Trump vs. Clinton.

Theres no way that Left leaning independents (these are the ones who are going to dictate the outcome of the election), are going to vote for Trump.

If things continue as they are, the only chance that Drumpf has in the general is if Burpie supporters make good on their promise to boycott Hitlery.

edit on 28-4-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Popularity among GOP voters does not translate to winning the general.

Of course it doesn't NOW...but it may, later.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Is that Trump was ridiculed for suggesting that he would consider running as a third party candidate if he was "treated unfairly".....

And now I hear from some Republicans that if Trump is THE nominee, they will consider seeking out a third party candidate.

The GOP will run a 3rd party IF they can't stop Trump at the convention (which they are almost certain to anyway).
They want Hillary to win as a seocnd choice because it keeps the status quo and a 3rd party (like Cruz or Rubio) would guarantee it.

Further, I actually think Cruz is going to stay in no matter what. Even if he loses, he is deluded enough to leave the GOP party and run independent himself.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I actually think Cruz may fall on his sword for the good of the anti-establishment movement if Trump wins Indiana in large margin.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Lest there be any remaining doubt that Trump represents a powerful new movement in U.S. history.

The movement of letting gullibility override rationality? I will agree though, this gullibility IS much more powerful than I originally assumed.
edit on 28-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

***snip***

Last time we saw something like this was in 1931-32.

The world is looking at the US and is shocked that so many American's are fascists.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The movement of letting gullibility override rationality? I will agree though, this gullibility IS much more powerful than I originally assumed.

I completely disagree with your characterization of this movement...unless it's applied to Crooked Hillary's campaign.

BTW...Good to hear from you again...been a while.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

The Republican establishment are going to chew off their nose despite their face. They don't realize that in this present day divided country, true conservatives are a minority, not enough to vote in a true conservative nominee like Cruz. The bulk of this country is fiscally conservative and socially liberal, DJT represents these people because he's closer to the middle, thus all the votes. Polls show right now Hillary would easily beat Trump in the general, but a lot can happen between now and the six months until November. And when Bernie drops out, a lot of his supporters will go to Trump, not Hillary.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I completely disagree with your characterization of this movement...unless it's applied to Crooked Hillary's campaign.

Nah. Supporting Hillary is just the same ole same ole gullible. Like you said in the OP this gullibility is on a historic level.

This political season has soured my desire to engage on ATS since your movement has spawned severe political bullying and illogic throughout the political discussion outlets on a level I haven't seen before. I'm sure after a page or so here I'll be ganged up on by the Trump supporters back-patting each other. Then I'll leave the thread just like I always do.
edit on 28-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

IDK...Her negatives are sky high too.
A recent poll (not sure which) showed Trump 3 points behind Clinton among overall voters...that is within margin of error, as well as, BEFORE Trumps 5 state victory and related surge.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

I actually think Cruz may fall on his sword for the good of the anti-establishment movement if Trump wins Indiana in large margin.

No chance - Cruz cares only about himself. as his own , new VP clearly says, Cruz will do and say anything to get elected.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Sorry you're feeling so disenchanted, deflated and persecuted. Feel better soon; okay? : )

BTW...Please don't put words in my mouth: "Like you said in the OP this gullibility is on a historic level"....you're better than that...and your arguments should stand on their own; not have to resort to disinformation and faux attribution for the appearance of validity.
edit on 28-4-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

This must be driving people insane!

They insult Trump, they insult the people that support Trump. And a record number still comes out to vote for the man.

hahahahahahahahahaha

This is hilarious!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

a reply to: UnBreakable

IDK...Her negatives are sky high too.
A recent poll (not sure which) showed Trump 3 points behind Clinton among overall voters...that is within margin of error, as well as, BEFORE Trumps 5 state victory and related surge.

I'm not a true Trump (the man) supporter. I like the movement he represents, I just wish it was another figurehead leading the movement. I like that Bernie started a movement on the other side to counter establishment Hillary, even though Bernie has no chance whatsoever. In a hypothetical, I would vote Bernie over Trump, but I would vote Trump over Hillary. I know they both have high unfavorables, but I trust Hillary less than I do Trump. That's just me.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm enjoying watching them all squirm. Good Times!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Nah. Supporting Hillary is just the same ole same ole gullible. Like you said in the OP this gullibility is on a historic level.

This political season has soured my desire to engage on ATS since your movement has spawned severe political bullying and illogic throughout the political discussion outlets on a level I haven't seen before. I'm sure after a page or so here I'll be ganged up on by the Trump supporters back-patting each other. Then I'll leave the thread just like I always do.

You characterize the entire movement as gullible and then wonder why you get called on statements like this?
Throwing a grenade and then whining when it explodes is really not on.
In almost a full year of this cycle I have yet to see a single objective post on Trump responded to with anything else but good discussion.
Unfortunately most of the anti-Trump posters seem to only be able to hurl derogatory sweeping statements around.
Try being objective and you might find that the responses are different.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Sorry you're feeling so disenchanted, deflated and persecuted. Feel better soon; okay? : )

Persecuted? Did I use that word? No, I'm just a man and know how to pick my battles. This is one that I'm not fighting anymore. I'm just going to sit back and watch the train wreck happen.

BTW...Please don't put words in my mouth: "Like you said in the OP this gullibility is on a historic level"....you're better than that...and your arguments should stand on their own; not have to resort to disinformation and faux attribution for the appearance of validity.

Awww it's a little good natured ribbing there. It's not like I was seriously attributing the gullibility adjective to your post. Everyone posting in this thread knows it came from me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join