It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 151
<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Thank you for proving me 100% right
(I was actually hoping you'd prove me wrong:/ )

Cheerio good lad

(post by awareness10 removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I'm starting to wonder if we're not all in our own private reality and the idea that we share a reality is just an illusion.

This is a very interesting idea, something Ive studied for many years.

We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;—
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.

a reply to: awareness10

indeed bretherin.
edit on 31-5-2016 by alienDNA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Actually O's Razor does agree with me as I only require one assumption: memory is faulty and many people can make the same common mistake.

You are the one engaging in logical fallacies to prop up your view.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
There are many who believe that as well. Like the book 'The Holographic Universe', there are many accounts in it from People who have experienced reality defying events they simply cannot account for.

Perhaps we'll find out soon,

I have studied the work of the author of that book. I think I'll see it all with a new understanding now.

originally posted by: raymundoko
Actually O's Razor does agree with me as I only require one assumption: memory is faulty and many people can make the same common mistake.

You are the one engaging in logical fallacies to prop up your view.

What "logical fallacy" would that be?

You have to assume a faulty memory for each and every Mandela Effect. If my memory were that bad, I could not function in society but my ability to function in society has not been impaired at all.

The case that I presented about more assumptions making an argument weaker is absolutely valid. It would be cherry picking to say that my memory was destroyed to the point that you would have to assume it has been and yet I can still function in society just like before.

There has to be a separate assumption for each Mandela Effect. You want to claim that the answer is always "bad memory" without even knowing anything about me. You're making countless assumptions in reality.

originally posted by: alienDNA

I'm starting to wonder if we're not all in our own private reality and the idea that we share a reality is just an illusion.

This is a very interesting idea, something Ive studied for many years.

We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;—
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.

How can you have an open-minded view like that and then try to debunk the Mandela Effect?
edit on 31-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

To say that people have been mistaken all this time on things such as Haley's Comet and the so-called "erroneous" Berenstein rendering is not logical. Such misconceptions have ways of being corrected, usually rather swiftly; not after 30 years of not realizing the so-called mistake.

Errors reinforce themselves over time, therefore your statement is illogical. I point this out for the benefit of the others reading this thread.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Hehe.
Well, first of all, noone here knows me, whatever they might think.
And Im partly the reason why that is so.
I usually dont share too much of myself online.

That said.. Mandela Effect to me, was something intriguing at first, but since I took a grounded stance towards it - it evaporated into something completely normal.

So what I should ask you, why couldnt I have an open mind?
In fact my mind is as open as can be.

It is also a mind grounded in reality.
Doesnt mean I cant be very philosophical, or even a 'dreamer'..

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

To move the discussion on a bit, can anyone claim that the scenario I outline above is not permitted by logic? I refer to the statement that perhaps, some force may be acting outside the constraints of linear Time, depositing artefacts - changes to the continuum - which then immediately become manifest in both the past & present at the same instant, leaving only a residual memory of the way things were before, in some people - the Mandela Effect.

Absolutely: among other things, it would violate the principle of entropy, and there is no reason why such an impossible thing would have any effect on memory, which is chemical in nature. Happy? Thought not.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Who said you have a bad memory? How exactly would getting these ME items wrong make you be unable to function in society? Does your job require you know when Nelson Mandela died? You just committed a logical fallacy again.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

So what I should ask you, why couldnt I have an open mind?
In fact my mind is as open as can be.

It is also a mind grounded in reality.
Doesnt mean I cant be very philosophical, or even a 'dreamer'..

Reality includes personal truth. I haven't seen you recognize personal truth once. For instance, how do you explain what the man in the video below describes about his own experiences? How do you explain the evidence he presents?

www.youtube.com...

Who said you have a bad memory?

How could you not realize that that is exactly what you're claiming?

I have more Mandela Effects than I care to admit to. The number may be in the hundreds already (and I'm just getting started researching the changes). If you're claiming that all of my Mandela Effects are the result of a "faulty memory" then you're claiming that I have a terrible memory. If my memory is as bad as you're claiming, it would be so bad that I could not function in society anymore.

I do not plan to respond to you again on this topic.
edit on 31-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Stop feeding them.

Well, I'm actually a bit proud of myself for being able to do that lately! But I remain cognizant of the fact that there are probably a lot more people following this than we even realize; people just getting their feet wet on the ME topic, etc. So when they do the word-twisting thing, I try to at least correct it for the sake of who else may be looking on. May we find the strength to refrain from even doing this, I suppose.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Im sorry Pro, you say people are questioning your memory, then you post a link to some crazy guy who thinks South America has moved, because some kids game had a "Not To Scale" map of the World (that was completely wrong), and references a WWE Title Belt, with a "Stylized" map of the Earth on it??? And you are using this!!! as your proof????

You realise that WWE belt has a "Stylize" print of the Australian flag on it.....
I Say Stylized, as the flag features Red Stars on it........I hate to tell you this but the stars on the Australian flag are WHITE...always have been....and No WWE didnt rewrite history just for Mandella Effect....it made a stupid Boo Boo mistake.

Good grief, will people get over this Rubbish......

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Repeating the fallacy doesn't make it true. Faulty memory is not bad memory. Everyone has faulty memory. That's why everyone misremembers things. The older a memory gets the more it can fault. Heck, even a recent memory that we subconsciously deemed unimportant can fault.

This has nothing to do with being able to function in society and for you to think it would shows a dissonance between your views and how society actually works.

By all means you don't have to reply to me anymore. But I assure you I will be here to keep your circular logic in check.

Deny ignorance.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Double post from mobile device.
edit on 31-5-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
For instance, how do you explain what the man in the video below describes about his own experiences? How do you explain the evidence he presents?

Well, yanks do not seem to know much about the world....

edit on 31-5-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Hey there hellobruce:

Well, yanks do not seem to know much about the world....

My gut reaction here can't help but be....if it's not about race, religion, it boils down to xenophobia, hereabouts.....
Too bad.

Nothing to do with the subject matter, really. You can depend on it boiling down just like that, apparently.

Regardless and independent of your reply above, it's amazing, truly amazing to me, that this topic has become largely about ...."if you notice this, you're special; if you don't, you aren't." Shame on everyone posting pushing that particular agenda, whichever "side" you represent. No wonder so many of us "check out" and refuse to care or be bothered any longer.

You perceive what you do, or you perceive something else. We're all struggling here, with our perceptions.....oh, don't mean to speak for those rooted in concrete about what they perceive or those of us mistaken about what we've already perceived......

It seems to me the whole point of that is everyone is capable of being mistaken. But when so many people are mistaken about the very same things, that, in and of itself, gives pause. It doesn't mean they are from a "better" timeline, or a kinder and gentler perspective......it just means all these folks have showed up to comparatively speak about their memories being different than the supposed "reality" of right now.....and it seems different to them.

Does that make them empaths, or special, or whatever? I don't know, and don't care.

So much here, that could lead to discovery, ends up getting mired down, and bogged and clogged up, with all this argumentative epilepsy.....the whole thread becomes one long grand mal seizure.

tetra

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

a reply to: Habit4ming

which is the common error. written by a random guy. you take that over tom cruises word in the actual interview?

What??????? Where and in what way did I say that?????? Obviously you haven't read this thread from the beginning! I have stated previously that I remember Interview with THE Vampire, which is what Cruise says. I was simply making the observation that Cruise is saying one thing and the video poster said the opposite in his 'more information' area!

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
It seems to me the whole point of that is everyone is capable of being mistaken.

But the ME is about people refusing to accept that, so the problem must be with the world, as obviously it cannot be themselves...

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

This seems to be the case for two other people in my life as well, concerning Captain Crunch. As far as Haley's Comet, I was out there in 1985 watching it pass by with my parents. My adoptive father died in October of that year and we had him out there in his wheelchair. That was also the same year it snowed six inches in San Antonio. A memorable year. I was 14 years old.

The explanation I got for the changing of the name was that we had simply been misspelling it all along, and I accepted that. But that change escaped my notice until February of last year. The reason I found out was, my employer adopted a beagle pup who has a really bad habit of escaping the front yard and she runs so fast that she was named Halley. I questioned that, and got the answer of historical misspelling.

This morning, however, I messaged her and asked her "What is the name of the island where Lady Liberty stands?". She answered back within less than one minute, "Ellis Island." No hesitation.

This woman is a practicing attorney with multiple specialties, a law professor, a small business owner and consummate professional. She was born and raised in Manhattan, and travels there at least twice a year, in fact she just got back from a visit last week. She is not uneducated, nor mentally unstable, or any of the other ridiculous things that have been stated as reasons for the ME. I did not mention it to her, either...although when she gets out of court today, it's going to bug her that I asked, and I fully expect her to message me about it.

I don't have a comprehensive enough grasp on the whole time shift concept to come to any viable conclusion about the possibilities here. I've had trouble with that theory from the start, because of the inconsistencies in the timeline, and also because not everyone is affected by all of the MEs. For example, Mandela himself is not a problem for me...which makes the fact that this thing is called the Mandela effect an annoyance to me personally. But I know we humans have a need to put labels on everything, so I accept that too.

Incidentally, Captain Crunch is my favorite cereal...particularly the peanut butter one. I've got a box of each in my pantry right this second. Total mouth-gasm...but I digress.

I noticed the change in spelling, but I accepted it too, because in the commercials they always called him "Cap'n"...exactly like military members slur it; "Sergeant" becomes "Saren't", "Gunnery" becomes "Gunny", and so on. I even said something about it to my husband...and this was at least four years ago...that FINALLY they started spelling it like they say it. It didn't bother me, just chalked it up to a product revamp, the same way I did with Depends and Herbal Essence.

I have never looked at the "official" list of MEs. I didn't know the Captain was one. Nor Haley's. Nor Ellis Island. I deliberately did not look, because I've worked at a medical research facility and understand the concept of artifact and contamination. I know it is very possible to become influenced by things like that, no matter how strong willed a person may be, and I decided to cut that out of the equation right from the start.

I have said this numerous times, but if this is being done to us, it is deliberate. I cannot accept the time/reality shift theory otherwise, at this point. And if you pay attention to the words of the people you and others keep feeding here, like I said before, they are providing information in those broken records they continue to play for us so relentlessly. That's deliberate, too.

Every good lie contains at least one hidden truth. It's obvious here though, because they're all reading from the same script, and it is not their lie in the first place. They don't answer questions posed to them because they don't have the answers. That is not their purpose here. Notice how much it escalates their behavior when they realize they're being ignored. I hope they keep doing it...they're bringing us closer to the truth.

Interestingly, the Captain Crunch and Haley's Comet ME's are somewhat interwoven for me through yet another Mandela Effect that I experienced before I even knew about the phenomenon; about 2-3 years ago. I've seen you say you may be finding patterns or connections in some of the ME's, so I'll be curious what you think about this.

One of the "connecting memories" of Haley's Comet for me has always been the show Different (now "Diff'rent") Strokes, because I've always remembered seeing in my youngen days an episode with Mr. Drummond being excited about the comet coming through. So pretty much, for the last 30 years or so, whenever I've heard or thought about Haley's Comet, I've always pictured Mr. Drummond. Weird mind workings, I guess.

At any rate, I hadn't watched that show since probably the 80's, but a few years ago, one of my dish channels started playing old reruns of it, and I began to watch a few episodes here and there. After a certain amount of time had passed, maybe a week or two, I put on the channel to watch the show, and when it came on, I suddenly noticed that "I had never noticed before" that the word "Different" wasn't actually spelled out that way, but had an apostrophe. Though I didn't realize it at the time and never made any connection, this gave me the same reaction I had many years ago when I saw that Captain Crunch was actually "Cap'n" Crunch. That reaction being somewhat similar to the way a dog tilts its head when it sees or hears something it finds strange. And I have to reiterate, this didn't happen the first time I had watched the show after decades; this realization happened after I had already watched a few episodes. But, as with the Cap'n, I just figured I had never noticed it before and didn't give it much thought until I very recently began putting some of these puzzle pieces together.

By very recently, I mean like today.

I just find it interesting that the Captain Crunch ME relates to the Different Strokes ME by way of an apostrophe being added, and then the Different Strokes ME relates to the Haley's Comet ME because of an old episode I've always remembered.

Well, what is your thought on your employer apparently being from a reality (or whatever) where "Halley's" has always been the correct spelling/pronunciation? I am horrifically uneducated about specifics of the New York metropolitan area, so I can't really say anything about the location of the Statue. But I have seen where people are insisting landmarks have been rearranged there.

Speaking of good lies containing at least one truth, I've come across a YouTube channel that I suspect may be "poisoning the well," so to speak. It consistently puts out videos of "new ME discoveries," and they all feature a few commonly accepted ones, and then a bunch that I'm pretty certain have never changed and that I don't really see anyone else claiming. Almost like they are trying to muddy the waters with a bunch of stuff that obviously hasn't changed to make us all look like we are just eagerly trying to find changes in everything and put the phenomenon into disrepute.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Yes, we could go round and round with this (what I see as a clear) relationship between the Mandela Effect and the fate of the Christian institution, but it is best left as a topic unto itself. I will just say that I have spent literally thousands of hours over the course of many years reaching such conclusions about Christianity, and the more that I now study this Mandela Effect phenomenon, I am beginning to have bigger concerns about a possible staged "second coming" of the below icon. Someone who, for many generations, has been ingrained into people's consciousness, almost from birth, as "Jesus."

It is important to remember what the ME is teaching us - to have a close relationship with our own inner-knowingness, and to be very sensitive to our own intuition, even at the expense of "evidence" and other tangible things placed before us. There may come a time to "resurrect" this issue, so to speak, but I will just leave it at that for now.

There will definitely be a deception. Pope Francis has said some very intriguing things, by the way. But you probably already know that.

I am familiar to an extent with some of what the good Pope has been saying in recent times, but really don't pay a lot of attention anymore because I've known for a long time that the RCC institution is one of the biggest aspects of the enslaving control grid of this Matrix. They do appear to be conditioning or preparing folks for some type of otherworldly intervention, it seems.

What I can definitely see is some sort of bad cop/good cop scenario where some obvious phony or phonies establish the first level of deceit, followed by that guy ^ with the flowing locks, white robe, and welcoming arms coming to "save" us all.

I guess time (whatever that is) will tell how it all plays out.

new topics

top topics

<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join