It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 152
<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
I'm starting to wonder if we're not all in our own private reality and the idea that we share a reality is just an illusion. That would mean that we're completely alone and any interaction we have with others isn't even real.

Ever since I learned that there are supposedly infinite alternative versions of the universe I started to believe that we are indeed each in a different one and we only appear to share one. I just have no idea how that could work.

I have begun to ponder on this as well. I know from personal ME experiences as well as testimonies of others that not everyone has "awakened" to the same ME's at the same "time." Almost as if the same things have been being observed at the same "time" but being perceived differently by different individuals doing the observing.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
a reply to: Profusion

Im sorry Pro, you say people are questioning your memory, then you post a link to some crazy guy who thinks South America has moved, because some kids game had a "Not To Scale" map of the World (that was completely wrong), and references a WWE Title Belt, with a "Stylized" map of the Earth on it??? And you are using this!!! as your proof????

You realise that WWE belt has a "Stylize" print of the Australian flag on it.....
I Say Stylized, as the flag features Red Stars on it........I hate to tell you this but the stars on the Australian flag are WHITE...always have been....and No WWE didnt rewrite history just for Mandella Effect....it made a stupid Boo Boo mistake.

Good grief, will people get over this Rubbish......

You craftily and conveniently leave out his direct testimony of physically visiting South America and graphically lining up the time zones to the Central time zone of the U.S., because SA was most certainly far west of where it is now in some other form of reality. Let's ignore that part so we can continue to make ME experiencers look like they are off their rockers.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce
hellobruce:

It seems to me the whole point of that is everyone is capable of being mistaken. But when so many people are mistaken about the very same things, that, in and of itself, gives pause.

there is enough independent, anecdotal verification of what I state above, that logically, this should be considered as relevant close to, or even equal, to empirical evidence.

Too bad you didn't quote that, instead.
tetra

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Stop feeding them.

Well, I'm actually a bit proud of myself for being able to do that lately! But I remain cognizant of the fact that there are probably a lot more people following this than we even realize; people just getting their feet wet on the ME topic, etc. So when they do the word-twisting thing, I try to at least correct it for the sake of who else may be looking on. May we find the strength to refrain from even doing this, I suppose.

Well, I turned around and did it myself, so I have to eat crow on that one, I'm afraid. I do understand your reasons. I don't believe I'll be responding again. In another context I might find the behavior somewhat amusing to watch, and even entertain. In this context, however, it's simply an annoying drain of energy...like futilely swatting at flies buzzing around.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

According to what Kaku said, I take it to mean that changes such as those would create completely separate alternate realities. However, that's apparently not the case because China had the same president in my previous reality as it does now.

I can't imagine how that is possible. Any thoughts on that?

The only explanation I can come up with is that although Time is being manipulated, the flow of Time is far more rigid than we (or Kaku) might expect. In my analogy of 'artefacts' being added to the timeline, I stated that 'the river would flow much as it ever had, just arcing around the artefacts as they were deposited' (paraphrased myself). What I mean to say, is that the narratives of the timeline are fixed - or near as dammit they're fixed. It is not possible to create totally alternate realities, because that goes against a hypothetical constant of the universe, which I would consider to be called something like 'timeline narrative purity'. Once the natural timeline has completed a stage of its journey, say from 1985 to the present, any artefacts added to the timeline back in 1985 by agents from the present going back in time (for example, changing Tibet from a country in its own right, to an 'inner autonomous region' of China) - well, in theory that should create a totally new alternate reality. But according to the theory of 'narrative purity', the only things that would actually change, are the things that were expressly changed (eg Tibet's status). One would think that a whole alternate reality would have to unfold - but the timeline is rigidly set in its original unfolding, and instead of branching out in new directions, it automatically seeks to remain as close to its original form as possible, obeying the constant of narrative purity - Time absorbs the changes that were made, but stubbornly refuses to allow any major divergence as a result.

In this theory, there is an 'authority' over the happenstance of Time, either automatic or dynamic, ensuring that the timeline is respected. Small changes are possible, they can be foisted upon the timeline, but the river just arcs around them, continuing on the course it had originally, and rejecting the possibility of divergence. It is as though Time is programmed to remain pure - hackers can add artefacts, but they can have very little actual divergence effect upon the flow of Time itself.. People, events and places are rigidly held in effect, despite changes which should have uprooted them. It's like Time has an antivirus protective measure - the narrative purity constant prevents total hijacking of Time, it prevents lunatics with extreme measures of power from being able to alter the general flow of history.

In our present situation, I think the Archons are the lunatics with power - they are changing aspects of the Timeline, but they are limited in their efforts by the overarching rule of narrative purity. They probably have to undertake vast calculations to determine what precisely they can change, with what effect. Just what they intend to achieve overall, therefore, is up for debate. Certainly, these changes we have noticed thus far have had an enourmous psychological effect on those who experience them. Could more striking changes be planned for the future? I would think so. Heck, we might end up with a different star in place of our warm yellow Sol, and tha... oh, wait. Yeah.

edit on JuneWednesday1616CDT07America/Chicago-050039 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling, clarification

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I'm starting to wonder if we're not all in our own private reality and the idea that we share a reality is just an illusion. That would mean that we're completely alone and any interaction we have with others isn't even real.

Welcome to the wonderful world of SOLIPSISM.. All the fun of the fair, but you're the only one there..

In all seriousness though, this is a well known psychiatric delusion, and it can have devastating effects on a person's psyche, and general ability to lead a normal life. Try to steer clear - there are others, you are not alone.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Why would it violate entropy? You need to explain yourself more clearly - but in truth, why bother, when you know you're wrong? If someone were able to move beyond the constraints of linear time, depositing artefacts (changes made to aspects of reality in the past) would have absolutely nothing to do with entropy.

Just using a scientific word like entropy doesn't mean you used it properly in the context of the debate. Linear time is required in order for entropy to take effect. Moving beyond the realm of linear time (into a state of timelessness) would totally negate entropy.

Very feeble effort, good fail.

edit on JuneWednesday1616CDT07America/Chicago-050053 by FlyInTheOintment because: clarification, phraseology

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

In this context, however, it's simply an annoying drain of energy...like futilely swatting at flies buzzing around.

LOL - they give us flies a bad name.

Have you noticed anything unusual in the past five or six pages? There's evidence of new methods at play, and still nobody has answered the issue of permissible logic (which I've raised three times, methodically).

Keep up the good work.

U2U me regarding the theory you didn't want to go into in the thread, if you like? I'm very into this, as you kow, and I really want all the info in front of me while I think it through. You mentioned you'd seen a trend, or patterns - I would love to hear from you about that, because I've noticed a very ominous pattern, which I refuse to post about here, but will discuss by U2U.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Have you noticed anything unusual in the past five or six pages? There's evidence of new methods at play, and still nobody has answered the issue of permissible logic (which I've raised three times, methodically).

The skeptics make two assumptions:

1) Human beings are capable of mis-perceiving things they experience or observe.

2) Human memory is faulty, especially over time.

Both of these are demonstrably true. No other assumptions are necessary.

The "Mandela Effect" requires countless unprovable assumptions, many of which are self contradictory or demonstrably false.

1) Human beings are incapable of perceptual error.

2) Human memory is infallible.

3) Everything we think we know about the nature of physical reality is wrong.

4) There is no such thing as object permanence.

5) There is no such thing as entropy.

6) Multiple universes exist.

7) Dimensions exist outside of time.

8) Time and space can be manipulated.

9) Disjunct universes can communicate with one another....

I could go on and on and on. Simple logic dictates that ME theorists have too many non-falsifiable assumptions to take seriously.

Happy now?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

If you think anecdotal evidence, no matter how common, is even close to empirical evidence shows you lack understanding of what empirical evidence is.

Empirical Evidence requires that something can be observed and duplicated, and that it was something tangible that could be observed with our main senses.

Just because thousands of people made the same common mistake doesn't make that mistake correct. That is a logical fallacy and the primary one the ME crowd continues to use.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Do you know what the law of entropy is beyond a quick google search? Heck, even the basic summary should be enough for you to know how the ME violates it...

Your second paragraph shows you have a total ignorance of science. Perhaps that's why you fall for the ME charlatans so easily.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Let's discuss your logic from the last few pages:

You don't even see that you are mocking your own stance with that post...some logic.

Yet again you completely fail at logic. You don't even see it. How can we take your logic seriously when it defies logic? Any sane person can read that post and determine you are bumbling through your explanations.

Let me quote you one line:

However unlikely the Mandela Effect is - logic cannot refute the premise that some external force could be manipulating our reality.

You see the fallacy right? RIGHT???

So far each of your post contains direct ad hominem attacks.

Those who attempt to decide, consciously, if there has indeed been a change, or not, will come under the influence of the strangely hypnotic induction/ command to 'move along, nothing to see here...

Could that effect be your brain correcting itself based on physical evidence? You know that's how it works right? Memory is biological, not mechanical. It can and does change based on external factors.

Another post showcasing ignorance of science and circular logic. Where is this logic you've been using? Is this flawed logic really what you consider logical??? I mean, I can't make this stuff up. I don't even have to break it down. All someone has to do is read it out loud to realize how it sounds...

I can't go past this post of yours though:

I think I am actually getting dumber reading them. Why?

I would say that for an absolute certainty

Because you talk in absolutes, which is a charlatans game.

Edit: You also used the term true skeptic several times. Are others fake skeptics? Explain yourself.

Calling us flys and trolls because we have refuted your views does not make you right. It makes you look desperate.
edit on 1-6-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Good thinking.

I'm reminded of the Montauk Project. They were messing with time then; figuring out if they could manipulate it and how much. The past, the future. My next thought is the hadron collider network is an extension of what was learned at Montauk.

The lead sentence from CERN's website: "At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe."

If that doesn't give one pause then I don't know what to say.

There are those who say the goal is to move earth in this universe to a similar parallel universe in which the forces of darkness (Archons) aka the Luciferians aka the Barbarians, that gang, are already in complete control. Hey! I can see things moving in that direction.

Recently I was reading that AI can predict probabilities of what the result will be of A or B, or C or D, so world changing decisions are based upon that information from AI. This would be how the controllers stay in control.

I can go way back with the JCPenny/JCPenney discrepancy. I worked there in the mid-70's for about 15 months and probably in the early 80's I noticed the name change on the store front. I actually stopped, stood there and puzzled over the change and repeatedly after that every time I saw the name. I distinctly remember the confusion I felt. It was surreal.

If a whole bunch of little things artificially change about this reality (minor anchors) over time, it gives everything else time to adjust, settle in, be absorbed, re-anchored and normalized; then more changes can be made to build upon the previous ones. The whole reality doesn't fly apart (hopefully) from too many changes at one time though Earth and the systems of earth are under enormous stress and pressure right now and things/beings are being stretched beyond their capacity to adapt.

If Earth is gradually moved through parallel universes (which are extremely similar but with more and more differences at each slight frequency step away from the original) with the goal being to reach the desired one in stages instead of a forced leap frog which would destroy the planet then... "Oh, brother!!"

Just some musings for what they are worth. These are only a few.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
The only explanation I can come up with is that although Time is being manipulated, the flow of Time is far more rigid than we (or Kaku) might expect. In my analogy of 'artefacts' being added to the timeline, I stated that 'the river would flow much as it ever had, just arcing around the artefacts as they were deposited' (paraphrased myself). What I mean to say, is that the narratives of the timeline are fixed - or near as dammit they're fixed. It is not possible to create totally alternate realities, because that goes against a hypothetical constant of the universe, which I would consider to be called something like 'timeline narrative purity'.

Brilliant explanation of your theory, awesome! It seems like a very plausible explanation except for one huge, elephant in the room...

I've seen estimates that the number of people from the "Berenstein universe" (for lack of a better term) is anywhere from thousands to millions. I have no idea how such estimates are being made. Regardless, if your theory is right, how can around 99% of humanity miss the huge changes such as South America moving? I cannot believe people are claiming that education has anything to do with knowing where continents are located or the basic structure of our bodies.

As to whether the changes are sinister, I don't see any sinister changes yet. In fact, I see four changes at least that are tremendously good.

1. Our bodies seem to be constructed better. They are stronger than before.

2. Increasing the size of the Pacific Ocean will help to mitigate the effects of the Fukushima disaster. It will help absorb the radiation.

3. In my previous awareness, Tibet was not a country but it was treated as just another province in China. There were no "autonomous regions of China." There were still the two special administrative regions of China.

In my previous awareness, Tibet was a unique area of China because of its cultural dependence on religion. It was a society that was completely built on religion. The former Chinese government didn't like that and were repressive toward the religious rights of the people of Tibet. Consequently, a lot of people were pushing for a "Free Tibet" so the Tibetan people could have their religious-based society back. Imagine my surprise when I see that it's been done.

My personal belief is that religion is a negative thing. But, I believe in human freedom. So, I see that development as positive.

4. Putting Las Vegas next to a huge lake helps the city immensely. It used to be in Central Nevada in my previous awareness. They had intermittent water problems constantly and there were people who believed that the city would one day have to be shutdown because of its water problems.

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
Welcome to the wonderful world of SOLIPSISM.. All the fun of the fair, but you're the only one there..

In all seriousness though, this is a well known psychiatric delusion, and it can have devastating effects on a person's psyche, and general ability to lead a normal life. Try to steer clear - there are others, you are not alone.

I did not express myself well. I wasn't talking about solipsism. I was thinking of a situation more like this:

There are infinite universes so more than likely our consciousness is only in one. Meanwhile, a version of ourselves is being simulated in all of the other universes. It would be possible but highly unlikely for two people or more to be in the same universe.

That's not solipsism, I don't have a term to describe it. As far as I know, I just made it up.
edit on 1-6-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

Wait, the Montauk Project that was completely made up by Preston Nichols, who lied about his credentials to sell his fiction books about the Montauk Project?? That Montauk Project???

It would only give one pause who doesn't even come close to understanding the science.

There are those who say the goal is to move earth in this universe to a similar parallel universe in which the forces of darkness (Archons) aka the Luciferians aka the Barbarians, that gang, are already in complete control. Hey! I can see things moving in that direction.

Move the whole earth huh? You don't say? Source the above.

Recently I was reading that AI can predict probabilities of what the result will be of A or B, or C or D, so world changing decisions are based upon that information from AI. This would be how the controllers stay in control.

You know that the AI makes its predictions based on data it is fed right? You know Madden Football does this every year right?

I noticed the name change on the store front. I actually stopped, stood there and puzzled over the change and repeatedly after that every time I saw the name. I distinctly remember the confusion I felt. It was surreal

Let's assume you are being truthful about working there. It sounds like you just finally noticed it was spelled differently than you had assumed. That happens all the time. In the South growing up we had a lot of Belk stores. Everyone called it Belk's. I thought it was spelled Belks. Onde day, walking into the store when I was about 17 I realized it was spelled Belk. I myself thought the name had changed. Nope, always Belk. I just never noticed because I never REALLY looked at the big sign on the store. The reason Southerners call it Belk's is because the store started in the South by a guy named Henry Belk. So they would say, "We are going to Belk's" as in, We are going to Henry Belk's store. Same with KMart. I always thought there was a - in the name, K-Mart. Nope, I was wrong on that too. It happens bro.

If Earth is gradually moved through parallel universes

I.Can't.Even. Please, link me some science that would allow that to happen. Go, find me some peer reviewed papers.

Edit: I wan't to add that southerners also call Kroger, Kroger's. I also thought growing up the name of the store was Krogers with an S. I didn't realize it was just Kroger until I moved to Cali and the Ralph's card has the Kroger logo on it. Sure enough, I go back to visit the South and boom, Kroger. I was wrong for 20+ years of my life.
edit on 1-6-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: tweetie

Wait, the Montauk Project that was completely made up by Preston Nichols, who lied about his credentials to sell his fiction books about the Montauk Project?? That Montauk Project???

It would only give one pause who doesn't even come close to understanding the science.

Move the whole earth huh? You don't say? Source the above.

You know that the AI makes its predictions based on data it is fed right? You know Madden Football does this every year right?

I noticed the name change on the store front. I actually stopped, stood there and puzzled over the change and repeatedly after that every time I saw the name. I distinctly remember the confusion I felt. It was surreal

Let's assume you are being truthful about working there. It sounds like you just finally noticed it was spelled differently than you had assumed. That happens all the time. In the South growing up we had a lot of Belk stores. Everyone called it Belk's. I thought it was spelled Belks. Onde day, walking into the store when I was about 17 I realized it was spelled Belk. I myself thought the name had changed. Nope, always Belk. I just never noticed because I never REALLY looked at the big sign on the store. The reason Southerners call it Belk's is because the store started in the South by a guy named Henry Belk. So they would say, "We are going to Belk's" as in, We are going to Henry Belk's store. Same with KMart. I always thought there was a - in the name, K-Mart. Nope, I was wrong on that too. It happens bro.

If Earth is gradually moved through parallel universes

I.Can't.Even. Please, link me some science that would allow that to happen. Go, find me some peer reviewed papers.

Edit: I wan't to add that southerners also call Kroger, Kroger's. I also thought growing up the name of the store was Krogers with an S. I didn't realize it was just Kroger until I moved to Cali and the Ralph's card has the Kroger logo on it. Sure enough, I go back to visit the South and boom, Kroger. I was wrong for 20+ years of my life.

Good job Ray Ray. This is the first time I agree with you. Yes, I too was wrong on a few things in life, Kroger's and the like..But when you are a Jew, and and wonder if those Bears are Jews just like you just because of the way it is spelled. A lot of us remember it that way, because of the connection made in the past as children. And then reading those books to your kids. The Bernstein Bears are my number one effect.

I know it was spelled with an E. Because I would ponder over it as a kid. It was an actual thought at the time.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
A few months ago, my spouse asked me how I spelled those bears from childhood. Not really thinking anything of it, I spelled Berenstein. He agreed with my spelling, and then told me we were apparently spelling it incorrectly, that it was, in fact, Berenstain. My response was, and still is, bull#. Berenstain looks and sounds completely foreign, to me. Whatever, that was the end of that.

About a week ago, he sent me here to read a (different) thread, and, seeing this one, asked him wth was the Mandela Effect? He explained it to me, and mentioned the Berenstein Bears was a part of it. I didn't even know this was a thing. Thread has been interesting, for the most part. Have a few instances of my own, but there is one that I'm finding extremely difficult to comprehend. I've seen mention in this thread, as well as several others, of people either having never heard of the term "special snowflake" or calling it a "new" or "recent bandwagon" term. In my reality, "special snowflake" has been in use for years. Many, many years. Usually in reference to a particular group. So, that's weird.

One thing that hasn't changed, would be ATS. Haven't been here for years, but same as it ever was, same as it ever was.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: galaga

Would you ponder over the book or the spelling of the name? Honestly, why would you ponder over the name as a small child?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiggersTheMan
I've seen mention in this thread, as well as several others, of people either having never heard of the term "special snowflake" or calling it a "new" or "recent bandwagon" term. In my reality, "special snowflake" has been in use for years. Many, many years. Usually in reference to a particular group. So, that's weird.

I don't recall having previously heard or read the term "special snowflake." I've come to the conclusion that it's pointless to look for people who have the same memories as you.

Here are some reasons that I see.

1. There is no way to know if the people are telling the truth. There are always scam artists who are looking for any angle.

2. Even if you find someone who genuinely has the same memories as you, what good does that do? Are you going to sit around and talk about the "good old days"?

3. Based on my research, there appears to be people from different former realities who have converged on this one. So, you may find someone who has some experiences/memories that are the same as yours but that doesn't mean that you're from the same reality that they are.

I know all of that sounds crazy. I wouldn't have believed it if I wasn't experiencing it. I like what the man in the video below says. It seems like an excellent commentary on what's going on.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join