It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright flash of light marks incredible moment life begins when sperm meets egg

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I think it's a delightful report and provides for incredible possibilities.

I wonder if a computer AI would receive such a spark as well?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

By the way, the power of suggestion is a powerful tool. If you were talking to the mailman and you both hear a noise, one of you misinterprets the noise to sound like a dog bark and since it seems like the sound originated from the deck he suggests to the other that it is the dead dog.

"By the way", you weren't there… but thanks for telling me how it happened. We weren't "talking" we were walking toward the house when her announcement bark sounded (like usual) . He heard it the same time and we both stopped in our tracks… That bark is well known to both of us, there is no mistaking it. There is no mistaking where it came from either, up on the deck. There was also no mistaking the echo…

Wishful thinking? I wish…

Adding… his dog died that very night and my brothers, wives, sisters dog got run over and killed that same day. They called us because they heard our dog died and thought that was weird.

You tell me about coincidence or whatever…
edit on 26-4-2016 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

yeah, that's why you always do whats best and always help others, for that reason and also bc it feels good

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Chemical or spiritual, it's cool either way. We all start off as a flash of light in the darkness. By the way:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by iTruthSeeker
Scientists had seen the phenomenon occur in other animals but it is the first time is has been also shown to happen in humans.

I put this under Origins and Creationism because the flash reminds me of possibly the life spark or soul incarnating. Your thoughts ATS?

iTruthSeeker

So I'm guessing you'll be changing religions to Hindu now since obviously they were right that animals have souls?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It's just zinc being given off.
That flash of light you saw when you were conceived was your parents neighbor at the window taking pictures.
edit on Tue April 26th, 2016 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I believe in other worldly theories, time travel, ghosts, aliens and the possibility that I was a mermaid in a past life, however, this is probably just a chemical reaction.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Very cool stuff. Of course it's a biochemical reaction, we are biochemical beings. I personally enjoy how metaphysical or religious text can draw into so many parallels. "Let there be light" as macro - big bang and micro- human life. A beautiful thought it is.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Do envelopes have souls?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

That's just a cop out for being unable to answer a question. Almost like the god of the gaps argument. "Science can't explain it, but I witnessed something. Spiritual!"

You are the one hiding behind "science". "We" witnessed it together. A return echo is real world. I said explain it, not ridicule it.

First off, what does "hiding behind science" mean?" Second, where did I ridicule anything? You asked for an explanation. Well I gave you an explanation to the best of my ability given the information and evidence provided, which was barely anything. Though I wonder why it is so hard for you to believe that you two may have misheard something else.

Basically you are telling me that if I don't agree with your conclusion, then I'm wrong. Yet I have little to no information about the event beyond what you said and the little details you gave. Sorry mate, I don't jump to conclusions when given flimsy evidence. If you want to believe that you witnessed a return echo, fine. But it doesn't sound like you came to your conclusion very logically and are instead basing it on confirmation bias because you want to believe it was your dog.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
"By the way", you weren't there… but thanks for telling me how it happened. We weren't "talking" we were walking toward the house when her announcement bark sounded (like usual) . He heard it the same time and we both stopped in our tracks… That bark is well known to both of us, there is no mistaking it. There is no mistaking where it came from either, up on the deck. There was also no mistaking the echo…

Wishful thinking? I wish...

Adding… his dog died that very night and my brothers, wives, sisters dog got run over and killed that same day. They called us because they heard our dog died and thought that was weird.

You tell me about coincidence or whatever…

Actually I don't enjoy dismantling people's anecdotes. They aren't evidence anything except that the person can tell a story. I especially don't like it when the person telling the anecdote is so resistant to ideas that disagree with the conclusions they came to about that anecdote. Telling me to explain something then half telling a story is just setting me up for failure. But hey that's how anecdotes work. Your brain actively misremembers things or falsely correlates things in your head so anecdotes are unreliable as evidence. Even if you wanted to tell the full story, it would be impossible because you don't know all the details of what happened that day to properly set up the scene for someone to expertly look at it and determine if you heard a ghost or something else.

However, you don't want my explanation for what I think happened. You really just want me to admit that I don't know what happened, which should validate your conclusion in your head. Go ahead. I really don't care if you want to believe in ghosts and your dead dog barked at you once. Hell you can even add your own personal interpretation to what you think the dog was saying like you did in the second paragraph, but at no point am -I- going to believe you heard a ghost. Sorry.
edit on 26-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
We are bathing in electromagnetic energy, it permeates all the universe. You rub a balloon on your head your gonna get a spark.
Seeing a spark in biochemical processes does not make us anymore a special snowflake than any other reaction we see in nature.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: HolgerTheDane2

I don't acquiesce to lazy posting and take the definitions of words seriously. If you are going to say this:

Ah. Here is an interesting fact....

Then the words that follow that sentence damn well better be factual. Now I wouldn't debate that there exists a book (maybe even an old science book) that states that the soul weighed 7 grams, but you make it sound like this idea just lost credence or something. When in reality that idea dropped from science books because the experiment conducted find this conclusion was flawed and non-scientific. Which should be uncovered with just a quick google search before saying anything.

Sorry. It's just my pet peeves.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Awesome they were able to capture the event.

Egg flash when sperm meets egg

edit on 26-4-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It reminds me of that story from those roundworms dying, when death traveled through their bodies .
A trail of light seems to follow a path until the worms are dead....

Seems that Eternal light really is something that sparks everything in the universe from the smallest cell to the biggest star in the galaxy..

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

First of all,i Love your avatar,let's get that outa the way.

And 50% would,then.

Further,I don't believe my statement,even if sweeping,is unrealistic though.When one looks at modern society today,especially American society,it is consume,buy,purchase,eat,consume,consume some more,oh god let me not miss a black friday,a sale at the mall,the latest gadget,that flat-screen tv,the latest celebrity mag full of inane drivel about inane drivellous people's latest doings and screwings.

There's Always time and money for chasing materialistic pursuits,self-gratification,and BUYING #.So spend some of that time and money getting your 2/3 month injection or even the pill,if you're a woman who does not want a child. Don't let something as sacred as a human life begin and then kill it-that is just disgusting.If you are too poor and wretched for my statements to apply to you,and most Definitely cannot afford a child,even More reason to make sure you don't get pregnant in the first place. I honestly cannot compute why that is so difficult??

i respect your point of view,but mine will Never change on this matter,never in all of eternity.
edit on 26-4-2016 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Oh boy, the creationists are going to have a field day with this one. Should be entertaining to say the least

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

First off, what does "hiding behind science" mean?"

Everythng other than proven science is ladled "pseudo science". To those scientifically bound, this includes 'notions' of anything 'spiritual'.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
Many females claim to just *know* that they are pregnant before any tests are done. Maybe some are able to sense this flash.

iTruthSeeker

It is known...

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Actually I don't enjoy dismantling people's anecdotes. They aren't evidence anything except that the person can tell a story.

Its anecdotal because you weren't there. So how could you know. See my earlier post about unproven fairy tales.

So sad there are those that dismiss everything that doesn't fit their proven reality. My brother is one of these. He even goes to Church. He lived in a haunted house for years and has a 'pseudo' explanation for everything that happened there. I was there for five days and nights house and dog sitting while they were away. Something bizarre happened every night. I could write a book about it. It was quite obvious to me what was occurring, but to my brother, who believes in Santa, the easter bunny, goes to Church and Disney land (where he was when I house sat for him), the real fairy tales are in his head and the reality is dismissed out of hand.

Just like you just did by calling me a 'story teller' susceptible to 'wishful thinking' and hypnotic suggestion.

You still didn't explain the bark echoing back from distant wall. The echo means I heard the bark twice, hard to misidentify that, you think?

BTW, my brother sold his house without a good reason, sank a lot of money in to it to make it his dream home,then sold when the market was down losing tens of thousands, (he never does that), and still insists all the 'anomalies' everyone witnessed there didn't mean anything.

So it goes.

Double by the by, I'm a lousy story teller and a grammar and punctuation felon. Thing is you won't catch me telling tall tales, I don't have any reason to, these events really happened, I really witnessed them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join