It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright flash of light marks incredible moment life begins when sperm meets egg

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped
a reply to: FamCore

So if no explanation is currently to be had, you'd rather full the gaps with made up bollocks?

He doesn't have to make up bollocks (whatever that is), abortion is murder no matter how one justifies it. Birth is a natural process from beginning to end, and if undisturbed, becomes a human like all of us. Going to a clinic, having someone to stick a tool into the woman, and start chopping a baby into small parts, and then vacuuming the parts out...is not natural in any way. Its the cessation of the process of life and is murder. I know, I know, we've all heard the mantra before "no man can tell a woman what she can do with her body", but it's not HER body being chopped into small parts.

I sometimes wonder how the baby would respond, if the mother asked the baby how it feels about it's mother making the choice to murder it, simply because the mother "don't want no man telling her what she can and can't do". It epitomizes selfishness.
I don't think any woman should have the power over the life of another, many times because they just don't want the responsibility, yet men are forced to pay child support by the government...and women don't even have to do that. No responsibility whatsoever, and the power to murder a child as a way out. It must be nice to have the government fighting all their battles for them, as they cry out Girl Power. Nah, no favoritism there.

At any rate, abortion is stopping a life from happening by cutting the baby into pieces. This is murder, no matter how well these women sleep at night after their justification of it. If there is any electricity in the body from conception to birth....it was alive when aborted. Ive seen videos where the aborted fetus is still moving some when pulled out.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Big bang?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Virginlord
Big bang?

Here is the process of evolution...and despite the cartoon, evolution is to be takes just as seriously.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

This flash is a chemical reaction, not some visible manifestation of the light of creation.

I maintain that scientific tools would be incapable of recording anything that even comes close to a soul, and that any footage claiming to have captured spirits, souls, ghosts, ghouls, wisps or phantasms is a hoax.

Also, to the posters in this thread who have not read the article at the link provided, and insist on talking nonsense about how no explanation of the flash has been given, I would direct you to the part of the article that talks about calcium up take and rapid shedding of zinc.

Good GRIEF people! This is SCIENCE, and as such has nothing to say about the soul, the spirit, the essence of the human being which exists separate to and independent of the mortal frame! Get a grip!

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

If you think that women have no responsibility, when it comes to babies growing inside of them for nine months, being pushed out of one of the most sensitive areas of their bodies, often resulting in torn genital areas, all the many things that can go wrong and lead to death for both mother and child, and the care of said child afterward, then you simply have not been paying the slightest bit of attention.

Having a child at the wrong time can mean that the child's life is miserable, whereas allowing a woman the choice of when they have a baby, can allow them to stabilise their lives and working circumstances in such a way as to provide a proper grounding for the construction of their family. Frankly, I find your assumptions to be singularly narrow minded, and flawed beyond belief as a result.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Brings new meaning and understanding to " The Big Bang " ...

Quite amazing ! 💥

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The article itself states:

The bright flash occurs because when sperm enters and egg it triggers calcium to increase which releases zinc from the egg. As the zinc shoots out, it binds to small molecules which emit a fluorescence which can be picked up my camera microscopes.

(Emphasis added.)

I want to believe in a soul or essence as well. And while I'm agnostic about it as a whole, I do have my own beliefs or at least leanings in my private life that include that sort of mechanism. But this particular "flash" is a purely physical reaction, and is adequately accounted for without including a metaphysical interpretation.

That said, people are free to believe what they wish.

Peace.
edit on 4/26/2016 by AceWombat04 because: Emphasis

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I never heard about sparks being creating on conception so this is interesting. Considering our brains work off of electricity and neurological pathways, it is interesting to think that our very existence is that of electricity that we power our computers and phones with.

I remember hearing one interesting plausible idea, that we cannot survive outside of this atmosphere and not due to oxygen but the very entrapment of our electrical brains. One topic I read somewhere mentioned this is the reason for astronauts wearing helmets, not just for oxygen but to keep an electrical field bouncing around ourselves otherwise we would short out.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
-- snip --
Natural explanation in the article. It's just buried in the middle of it, so you have to actually read past the first few paragraphs to see it.

A fellow member on a forum I used to frequent that had a doctorate in physics expressed his frustration with me like this, "Our problem is that your awe factor is set much, much lower than mine." I don't have a problem with that. Regardless of his writings regarding faith that get inserted into conversations, Carl Sagan lit the spark of curiosity and love of discovery in me as a young boy by the way he presented everything with a smile and enthusiasm that were infectious in their nearly childlike joy.

Regarding the OP, I don't see a problem or conflicting viewpoint. I'm just a simple farmboy who had only enough college to frustrate me but, to me, it seems pretty logical...

Everyone that has had to jump a vehicle has seen the results when you create that first connection with the jumper cables. Yeah, it is pretty simple in terms of the science, but without it all you have is a whole lot of metal sitting on some circles of rubber.
edit on 4 26 2016 by CornShucker because: deleted uneeded word

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Thank you. People really have a way of picking and choosing which information to take in or deny. As long as science proves their spiritual beliefs then the science is worthy of their attention. The latter part, which shuts down the ridiculous idea that this is somehow the soul coming into existence, is purposely ignored.

I'd put good money down on a soul being a totally made up idea by humans to give themselves happy and safe feelings. There is no such thing as a soul unless you're James Brown or Aretha Franklin.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

If you think that women have no responsibility, when it comes to babies growing inside of them for nine months, being pushed out of one of the most sensitive areas of their bodies, often resulting in torn genital areas, all the many things that can go wrong and lead to death for both mother and child, and the care of said child afterward, then you simply have not been paying the slightest bit of attention.

Having a child at the wrong time can mean that the child's life is miserable, whereas allowing a woman the choice of when they have a baby, can allow them to stabilise their lives and working circumstances in such a way as to provide a proper grounding for the construction of their family. Frankly, I find your assumptions to be singularly narrow minded, and flawed beyond belief as a result.

I would gladly endure 9 months of discomfort, followed by an epidural, ...over 18-20 years of financial ruin, any day. Clearly you have never stood in the court of law with a child and gotten taken through the wringer. As for women making the decision kill a baby, because it's just not the right time, and they fear that the baby's life may be miserable?

First off, if they are not ready...maybe they should keep their pants on and stop forgetting to take their birth control pills.

Secondly, the FATHER should have a say so in that as well, if the mother doesn't want the baby...maybe the father would, did you ever think of that? Maybe all the people waiting in line who cant have children could give the baby a good home. No one will ever know if the baby is murdered will they?

It's funny how these days, it seems that people only give a damn what women want. I'm here to say screw that...we men have to live in the same world as them, and I am quite frankly getting sick of people defending women who in one way or another consistently rob men of their children, be it in court or by murdering the children, just have people like you to flock around them and throw pity parties for them.

Men are FORCED into responsibility....women should be held to the same standard, especially if you want to call this equality. Again, I would love he opportunity to carry a baby for 9 months, while everyone jumps head over heels to make sure i'm comfortable, rather than to have everything I own taken for no reason (as it was my ex-wife who cheated on ME), to take all my money, so that my future wife and children suffer, in and out of jail when times get tough financially (while she has NO responsibility to the courts), Passports taken, licenses taken so that you can't use your car to get to a job interview (when times get tough financially and you get behind)....these are the things men have to deal with for 18-20 years after her measly nine months of complaining, that we even have to endure then.

So no, their 9 months is nothing compared to what men have to endure following either a divorce with a child, or to have the mother of their child to murder their baby, for her own selfishness, while the law supports her. No one even cares how the man feels when his child is killed, out of nothing more than pure selfishness and government coddling.

edit on 26-4-2016 by IlluminatiTechnician because: Grammar

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Men are FORCED into responsibility...

Funny how you want to use the "keep your legs closed" line for woman but then turn around and say men are forced into responsibility...

Sorry to hear your divorce story, sounds like she got a better lawyer if you were the one cheated on. Maybe don't project your anger of your own situation on others that had nothing do to with it.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Men are FORCED into responsibility...

Funny how you want to use the "keep your legs closed" line for woman but then turn around and say men are forced into responsibility...

Sorry to hear your divorce story, sounds like she got a better lawyer if you were the one cheated on. Maybe don't project your anger of your own situation on others that had nothing do to with it.

*Forced into financial responsibility by the government, while the woman was not... was the point.*

Women all agree that men are stupid, and because of our genetic disposition, and the almost uncontrollable proclivity towards procreation, we don't always make the right decision when it comes to sex. It's well known. It's not an excuse, but the numbers of men who obsess over sex, and the extremes they will go through to get it, also suggests it's more of a chemical thing.

Women however, have always had more self control when it comes to sex because they are in it for the emotional experience, which weeds out a lot of men (even god seems to be coddling them), and then "choose" the best from the remaining suitors. So, in essence...the women are ALWAYS the ones to decide if there will even be any sex at all, unless raped, but the rape abortions are a very small percentage of all abortions.

At the end of the day, in normal life, it's the woman who decides if she has sex at all, and even decides for the man. So yeah, she should keep her legs closed.

edit on 26-4-2016 by IlluminatiTechnician because: addition of source

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

At the end of the day, in normal life, it's the woman who decides if she has sex at all, and even decides for the man. So yeah, she should keep her legs closed.

Wow, what a load of tripe. It takes two to tango, both willing as well.

Your stance on what sex meas to men and women shows you haven't really done much research on it. You just use one blanket generalization after another.

Funny how you have problems talking about how men just can't help themselves when it comes to sex but then turn around and talk about how you are tired of men being treated like that.

Oh and that forced into finical responsibility is BS to. BOTH parents have the responsibility, where I will coincide with you is that women probably get the benefit of the doubt in the court room. But hardly anything you are talking about addresses that. You just take that and go on some rant that has nothing to do with it.
edit on thTue, 26 Apr 2016 19:46:50 -0500America/Chicago420165080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
''The bright flash occurs because when sperm enters and egg it triggers calcium to increase which releases zinc from the egg. As the zinc shoots out, it binds to small molecules which emit a fluorescence which can be picked up my camera microscopes.''

Good enough for you?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Could be that white light we all see when we die.. Or at least some of us see. A spark sure does say something about when life begins. Oh what a tangled web we weave.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Wow, what a load of tripe. It takes two to tango, both willing as well.

Your stance on what sex meas to men and women shows you haven't really done much research on it. You just use one blanket generalization after another.

Funny how you have problems talking about how men just can't help themselves when it comes to sex but then turn around and talk about how you are tired of men being treated like that.

Oh and that forced into finical responsibility is BS to. BOTH parents have the responsibility, where I will coincide with you is that women probably get the benefit of the doubt in the court room. But hardly anything you are talking about addresses that. You just take that and go on some rant that has nothing to do with it.

I lived it pal, so there's nothing you can tell me that means a thing.

Here's the blatant reality on who decides sex.

If I go up to a strange pretty woman and tell her "let's go, we're going to have sex right now", I would get thrown in jail for attempted rape. If that very same woman went up to the average man (and remember that she's hot, & with men it doesn't matter) and she said the exact same thing "let's go, we're going to have sex right now"...most men would take her up on the offer without a second thought. This is why women, make the rules in the game of sex.

Granted, its not advised that anyone go out and try this, but I have lived a long time, and I have seen both examples in real time. Also, I don't recall any blanket terms in my posts. Those can all be backed up by facts and statistics fully available via a Google Search.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

While this is verging on being very off topic, and what I'm about to say should not be interpreted as an attempt to undermine your argument (especially since you did say "most" not "all," and I fully acknowledge that I am outside the median norm for what most men would do in such a situation,) just purely as a point of contrast...

... I definitely wouldn't take a woman up on such an offer. I'm very shy and intimacy of that kind requires a huge, huge amount of trust for me. Trust which can't be had without spending a great deal of time getting to know the person, and learning about their attitudes about a variety of factors that go into sex for me on an emotional and conceptual level. Yes, sex is pleasurable, and yes as a man, there are aspects of those drives and urges which are inordinate compared to women in all likelihood. But my fear and shyness completely overrides those factors for me. It takes a loooong time for me to become comfortable being physically intimate.

So much so that it usually ends up not working out lol. But as I said, I don't say this to counter your argument, as I recognize I'm far from the average in this regard.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

This sounds like the work of a chemical reaction of earthly origin. I have heard that at a certain point during pregnancy, the pineal gland releases '___' into the brain. This is where some people think the soul enters. It is around the second trimester.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Even if it has been broken down and explained due to a chemical reaction, does that make it no less awe inspiring? Like a rainbow, we can now easily explain how it occurs, but isn't it still an awesome phenomenon?
I like the concept of the spark of life, and even more so since it has been seen in animals too. Life itself is truly amazing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join