It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Plans Fifth Nuclear Test

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

So uh hows a guy like me supposed to see recent sat photos of their testing site to confirm whether they are or arent setting up for another shot. Theres only one way to be sure.

See link.
m.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Join an agency responsible for intelligence gathering or get appointed as an advisor dealing with Korea or national security council. Absent that welcome to a Constitutional Representative Republic.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MayanBoricua

When a country directly threatens to use nukes against other nations, such as South Korea, Russia, Japan, the United State, etc... Is the rest of the world supposed to ignore this?

I'm not a big fan of foreign entanglements, certainly not to the extent I once was... But the point is fast approaching that something must needs be done, not only for those countries nearby that have been threatened...the threat against the United States is, in a word, laughable. Not so much South Korea, Japan, Eastern Russia, and a goodly portion of China. How many millions of people is that, anyway?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: Bedlam

So uh hows a guy like me supposed to see recent sat photos of their testing site to confirm whether they are or arent setting up for another shot.

Work for the right people?

eta: Years ago, NSA used to prepare a CNN-like daily news show called something like "Global News Network" that was really really amazing. Congress finally killed the funding for it. But it was probably the best written and researched news EVAR, and if the congresscritters had just watched the damned thing, they would have had a better grasp of what was going on. Maybe one day they'll re-run it on PBS or something. If you look through old Congressional intel funding documents, you will see a one line item 'funding for Global News Net' or something. It was a bargain, if you ask me.

(There's a website by that name, not even similar.)
edit on 22-4-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I believe China has had words over this planned nuke test with Kimmy and told him not to do this or else. China has run out of patience. It does not fancy a glowing Chinese banquet from future fallouts if N Korea fires a nuke for real and it lands accidentally in the Chinese back yard. And neither do I! I believe the Chinese will have words at the UN and come to agreement with other world powers including the USA to take Kim out.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Rocker2013

The US is NOT "occupying" South Korea, they are there in partnership, by invitation, of the South Korean government.

You rewrote the definition of self delusion with that one. Save it for someone else, you aren't fooling anyone when you say, "…the US doesn't occupy… (then say) …they are there…"

read that sentence back to yourself until you get the mind meld. Empires always say they are invited, anyway.

No they don't.

It's clear Russian projection of their own history when they accuse NATO and US as being 'occupiers'. Because that's effectively what the USSR was to eastern europe.

Look at the facts of the world:

1940. Germany invades and occupies France. French are pissed off and unhappy.
1944. UK/US/Canada invade and "occupy" France back. French cheer wildly and open the wine they had hidden in their caves. France is a founding member of NATO. They sure as hell knew the difference between occupation and liberation, even though the liberation blew up more of their country.

1956 Hungary, 1968 Czechoslovakia. People are unhappy with the imposed Communist dictatorships. USSR tanks kill people to put down the revolts. USSR = occupier? Yeah.

1960's France. France's democratic government ends military command of French forces through NATO. NATO response? "uh, OK, if that's what you want."

1990's Phillipines. Phillipines democratic government votes to end US Naval base at Subic Bay, the most important US Navy installation outside of Pearl Harbor. US response? "uh, OK, if that's what you want" and packs up and leaves.

1990's: Nations liberated from Warsaw Pact occupation, like aforementioned Hungary, Czechoslovakia and the Baltic states rush to voluntarily join NATO after electing democratic non-Communist governments.

Anybody who thinks that NATO and USSR/Warsaw Pact were two equal mirrors is a dangerous fool.
edit on 11-5-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

lol, you circumvented the aggressive wars waged on Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Bosnia, Libya, And covertly so far, Ukraine and Syria.

Pretty thick lenses there…

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

We're talking about occupation.

US left Iraq when the barely democratic government wanted the US to do so. (And that war was foolish I agree).

S Vietnam was an ally with a mutual defense treaty.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Not to mention that N. Korea invaded S. Korea, N. Vietnam invaded S. Vietnam, both allies of China and the USSR.

Russia invaded Ukraine and to my knowledge no one invaded Syria.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

You have a very selective understanding of history.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

…and to my knowledge no one invaded Syria.

Run, hide, deny…

From the truth

I won't go into the thousands of air sorties over Syria that violate that sovereign state's airspace. You call that invasion, intervention, lulz.

More simple search results

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Victors write that history very selectively.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Feel free to share with the rest of us then -

Who invaded Syria.

and remember...

Things were the way they were not the way you remember them.
Things are the way they are not the way you perceive them.
Things will be the way they will be not the way you foresee them.

Ironic...
edit on 12-5-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: seagull

Victors write that history very selectively.

Biased observers rewrite history depending on the point they're trying to make, but you know all about that, right?

It's clear that your opinions here are not echoed by the majority of people who understand the factual realities of our collective histories.

And lets not forget that we all know the points you continue to try to make even though you fail at every turn to convince anyone. Everything is anti-America with you, absolutely everything.

You see no gradients, no grey areas, no complexities, no debates to be had. Every time you are involved in any thread relating to America, Russia, NK, you preach the same simple minded mantra of "AMERICA IS EVIL!"

Even those who generally express political ideas questioning US involvement around the world distance themselves from your simplistic ranting, because we can all see that it's so extremely biased it can really only be called propaganda.

I am often critical of the US, and plenty of other governments around the world. The difference between you and most of us is that we're not ranting cheerleaders who seem absolutely obsessed with painting the US as some kind of evil oppressor when it's actually NK abusing its own people and when it's actually Russia invading countries and threatening all their neighbours.

Some of us are living in the real world, others here are nothing but anti-West propagandists desperate for any opportunity to preach the same nonsense over and over again.
Can you guess which I think you are?
edit on 12-5-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
North Korea isn't invading the Middle East, expanding into Eastern Europe or covertly running guerrilla warfare ops in various other countries.

The US occupies the Korean Peninsula, justifying wherever they do this in the name of "Democracy" but really, in the name of conquest and greed.

Done feeding the trolls for now.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

So you cant support your false claim that someone is invading Syria... check.

The US doesn't occupy the Korean Peninsula... In your haste to once again try and blame the US for something you overlooked the fact N. Korea is also on the peninsula. You also overlooked the fact N. Korea, with the support of the USSR and China, invaded S. Korea. You also ignored the fact the UN responded to S. Korea's call for assistance by authorizing an armed response to N. Korean aggression. The US, along with 16 other UN nations, are present in S. Korea at the request of the S.Korean government and are authorized by the UN.

Why worry about facts though when its obvious your intent is to pass along lies in hopes there are people who know as much about history as you.

By the way the N. Korean nuclear weapons program is courteous of the USSR, who gave them the Yongbyon facility.

Every time you lie your going to get called out.
edit on 12-5-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

So you can't support your false claim that someone is invading Syria… check.

"Someone"? You side stepped your lie and made a personal attack. My links to US putting boots on ground and bombs from air on Syrian soil stand.

You just lied again.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

what do we make of this statement "North Korea will not use nuclear weapons unless its sovereignty is threatened" www.bbc.com...

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Does sound like North Korea is threatening world peace. Even Russia condemned N. Korea a few months ago. How did N. Korea become the fourth largest standing army in the world today? I don't like the idea that N Korea has a satellite that passes over the US three times a day at the exact height for an EMP weapon.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

what do we make of this statement "North Korea will not use nuclear weapons unless its sovereignty is threatened" www.bbc.com...

That contrary to what they said, if one looks at the parameters given by N. Korea, there is no change in their posture. When N. Korea constantly says the South / US are preparing to invade them, its not a leap to claim their sovereignty is being threatened. When N. Korea views those who don't support their government or dear leader as threats...

etc...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join