It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Plans Fifth Nuclear Test

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
NYTimes - North Korea Plans Fifth Nuclear Test (video)

President Park Geun-hye of South Korea announced today that North Korea appears to be planning its fifth underground nuclear test, adding that her country will “sternly punish” any aggression from the North.

Apparently little kimmy is bound and determined to destroy himself. I really think removing him, based on public information, needs to be done sooner rather than later. It reminds me of the scene from Valkyre where the resistance members meet and discuss ways to remove Hitler and General Olbricht says they they need to kill Hitler and make peace with the allies "before they get to f**k*n* Berlin.

I think the same applies here. He should be removed before he starts setting of nukes like firecrackers on the 4th of july.

Another interesting development was the mass "defection" of N. Koreans who worked in a restaurant in China. Chinas policy was to return any N. Koreans trying to flee via China. In this incident China did not prevent the defections from occurring.

China just recently increased their troops on the border with N. Korea by another 2000.
edit on 21-4-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Here we go again. They really have ramped things up in 2016. I feel bad for the people of north Korea who have to live under this oppression.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I completely agree with you, and I think world leaders agree too, we now have no choice but to deal with NK.

You raise a valid point about the defections, and China.
Only two things have really prevented us from taking any action against NK up to now, and that's the weaponry they have aimed at Seoul, and China being willing to defend their ally.

China is no longer willing to defend NK. They have turned their attention to SK as an ally and little Kimmy is pretty angry about it.
China has also started talks with the US over the "North Korea Problem".
Japan has been passing measures to allow the formation of a proper army.
Russia has remained entirely silent on the issue of NK (their supposed business ally).
NK openly threatened China and called it an enemy in a recent internal document.

I wasn't aware of the troop movement in China, but that's one of the signs I listed as indicating an impending assault on NK.

Here's what I think will happen:

1. China will bolster its defences on the NK border in preparation of a targeted air strike by SK and the US, entirely to prevent a rush of refugees fleeing the country.
2. All artillery positions along the N/S border will be hit with almost simultaneous strikes, while a second unit takes out command and communications.
3. There will be no announcement, no warnings. It will simply start in the dead of night and likely be over by morning.

I don't believe there will be any kind of ground assault, I believe the regime there would collapse within hours of this starting, and we would probably watch for a few days before a UN led SK team enters. It's likely that by this point many thousands of NK people will be at both borders seeking to escape the country.

It would be a massive humanitarian aid effort, but one we could deal with. SK would take the lead in this and probably move toward Pyongyang and find Kim and the rest of his regime gone, or dead.

The thing is, Kim talks a big game, but when the SHTF his regime would fall apart. The country would be decapitated with just a couple of hours of targeted air strikes. Troops might be high in number, but when you cut off communications and they're getting no orders, they fall like flies. They would be some of the first ones trying to escape to the South.

It's sad that it's come to this, but Kim has left no other option. All we can hope is that they give up easily and without too much bloodshed.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
what has NK done against the free world as we know it.

what law are they violating.

which treaty they were part of and are now violating the terms...

why are people again and again falling trap to the axis of evil bull#

what atrocities has NK committed against other nations in tge past year or 5 or so.

shall we tally up atrocities by those telling NK to not pursue nukes or military prowess?
shall we start with bombing wrong buildings or spying or torture or selling weapons or corruption in banks, politicians, cooperations controlling the government or invading of other countries, or what countries havent seen peace time in forever, i.e. arent in active wars.

NK has the rights to an army and armements, no?
north koreans are the only groups of people who dont see the need to overthrow its dictator. there are countries with better military and police and ways to combat a subversive population, yet those countries have toppled their regime. this is recently. and now Brazilian prez is getting impeached.

if the NK people wanted to eise against 'atrocities', im without a doubt there would have been more motion or the wheel would have been greased by now.

look carefully at the situation in the middle east and iran and Israel, why was a more volatile Iran got to pursue nukes and no talks of intervention from the 'powers that be'.

this is all about china-u.s. relations.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Would you hand a gun to a child and tell him to go out and play?

Its deterrence when its controlled by a government that understands nukes and also understands the concept of MAD. Its a ticking time bomb when the government behaves in a manner that's inconsistent and wrapped in a cloak of lost on reality.

Kimmy needs to go...

ETA -
You are overlooking the fact that both Koreas (and allies) remain at war. Russia has already warned N. Korea that their threats of using nukes would meet the requirements to allow one of the threatened nations to attack N. Korea to stop that possibility. Since both countries are still at war an attack on their leadership is permissible since they are the command and control for the military.
edit on 21-4-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
North Korea is a sovereign country, and its nobody's business who is running it. Let the North Koreans settle their own affairs.
If they ain't breaking laws and messing with us directly, we have no business meddling in their affairs.
If the metric used to judge NK was applied to the West, 95% of our leaders in the last century should also not have been allowed to remain in power.
How many countries has North Korea invaded? How many countries do they maintain military bases in? Go on, Im waiting.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MayanBoricua

Did you overlook the fact that both sides are still at war? Because of that, coupled with N.K. threats, the nations involved have a right to "interfere".

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I wonder when something is gonna blow, cause it just seems everyone likes to fire those new years eve rockets everywhere.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Kimmy needs to go...

ETA -
You are overlooking the fact that both Koreas (and allies) remain at war. Russia has already warned N. Korea that their threats of using nukes would meet the requirements to allow one of the threatened nations to attack N. Korea to stop that possibility. Since both countries are still at war an attack on their leadership is permissible since they are the command and control for the military.

kimmy needs to go and gun with child metaphor doesnt hold.
if you want to look at irreponsibility with weaponry, look no further than...U.S.

both N and S Korea are at war, the world would never guess....

the US is not at war with lybia, syria, iraq, Afghanistan, Egypt etc.... how many bombs have we bestowed to the (innocent ) men and women there as gifts from above.

this war mentality is what caused all the atrocities the US committed, not threats.

kim can threaten anyone he chooses in order to leave his people alone and not mettle

the U.S. should be more careful with their leadership, as the ones lined up to govern the country are 100 times likely to push the red button and bomb another country... NUMBERS DONT LIE...

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
you know one of these times, these guys are gonna muck around and detonate their own country...........

On second thought let them keep playing with fire, its like monkeys effin a football, only this football is a nuclear one.

Best thing that could happen to their people is for Kimmie and his guys to be present at THAT test

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I completely agree with you, and I think world leaders agree too, we now have no choice but to deal with NK.

As in, "deal with them"?

The same thing you complain about they might do to US, is what you want to do them back, first.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Of course America is allowed to deal with any country they deem to be a threat. Didn't you know they are the natural leaders of the world and it's Americas job to make sure other countries stay in line.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Of course America is allowed to deal with any country they deem to be a threat.

There is is again, "deal with". You just used that term too.

that implies a 'deal' between two countries, not your misuse of the term, hidden behind 'dealing with' the enemy.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

As in, "deal with them"?

The same thing you complain about they might do to US, is what you want to do them back, first.

quoted for truth.
its almost like we want history to repeat itself.
the best way to deal with a country is to go to war before they presumably go to war.
do people just erase aftermaths in their head once the media and government tell them to....
if not NK, then the US will begin a new war on another nation.
its our business model it seems.... "perpetually at war, land of the free. ..but bomb other countries first... defensless 3rd world countries only"
those whom think about defending their nations are the enemy.imagine if the countries weve 'invaded' were able to properly defend themselves. .. imagine that.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

In other circles thats bully talk. How bullies blame their victims for what they do to them.

"You better watch out, or else."

"This is for your own good."

"Look what you made me do."

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well,personally I think
- There ain't gonna be any war, unless and until US / S.Korea tries to invade N.Korea.

- About killing N.Korea leader Kim, one have to tip someone or some group to terminate Kim or either you got to be invisible. I don't see any other way to kill Kim, without raging war.

-As far as China, not willing to defend N.Korea, thats BS. Let there be a proper war, you will know which side China is.

- Now, regarding N.Korea carrying out another underground Nuclear test, thats quite Imminent & obvious. What do you expect from a nation such as N.K! I'm sure they might be thinking we do have the rights to defend our land. No wonder what "Rights" they talk/think about.

At the end of the day we got to remember ' If you mess with the Bull, you gonna get the Horns'. Now it's up to the individuals to decide who is the Bull & who is gonna get the horns.
edit on 21-4-2016 by AsianStellar because: mistake

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

My comment was sarcastic. I think America should stop their rampant military offenses in the guise of liberation.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

As in, "deal with them"?

No!
What they want to do to the US is utterly destroy it in a mushroom cloud, and if you can't see this then you're a delusional fool.

Enough with the childish "oh, but they did this once!" as some kind of excuse for a nation arming itself with the most destructive weapons the world has ever known. This is a dangerous, psychopathic nation, run by a child with mental instability, there is no way in hell any nation on this Earth would sit back and just "do nothing".

I'm very glad we don't have people like you guys in this thread making important, adult decisions, we would probably all be dead within a week.

NK has constantly threatened the innocent people of SK with massive violence, they have hundreds of guns permanently aimed at their capital city, they have repeatedly claimed that they will destroy the US, they have now threatened China, and you guys think it's perfectly fine that they become a nuclear armed nation able to strike your country?

You people are just as insane as Kim.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
the best way to deal with a country is to go to war before they presumably go to war.

If said nation is constantly threatening nuclear Armageddon then yes, the logical and SANE thing to do is remove that capability before they use it.
What part of this are you guys not getting?
Do you really think we should just "wait and see"? Do you seriously believe that we should do nothing while NK threatens to strike your nation with nukes, in a kind of fingers crossed attitude?

What a ridiculous belief to have.

If little Kim doesn't want to have his military smashed back to the stone age, perhaps he shouldn't be making videos every month showing how he wants to murder millions of American citizens? Perhaps he shouldn't be making broadcasts every week proclaiming how one day he's going to invade South Korea? Perhaps he should stop detonating nuclear weapons while making all these insane threats?

There would be absolutely no excuse to be planning to fix this problem if he wasn't creating the problem to begin with.

do people just erase aftermaths in their head once the media and government tell them to....

No, people understand the aftermath, in fact it's you who seems to be selectively ignoring it in this instance.
What about the "wait and see" attitude you have resulting in the deaths of millions of Americans? Why do you seem to think it's unacceptable that this action might cause a few thousand deaths in NK, but totally fine if NK then attacks the south, or the US, and potentially kills millions with nuclear weapons?

The aftermath you imagine if we did attack them would likely be an end to the NK regime, perhaps the deaths of a few thousand (which we all agree would be terrible, btw) increased security for all nations on this planet, an improvement in the lives of NK people, and end to their sick prison camps, the reunification of long parted families over the border...

The aftermath of doing nothing, well that could be the deaths of millions in SK, the US, a WW3, the deaths of millions within NK itself due to retaliation.

If you're going to talk about potential aftermath, be an adult about it and present both possibilities rather than your own knee-jerk Anti-American bs.
edit on 22-4-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

kimmy needs to go and gun with child metaphor doesnt hold.
if you want to look at irreponsibility with weaponry, look no further than...U.S.

The metaphor does hold and there is no comparison between NK and the US.

both N and S Korea are at war, the world would never guess....

The world knows the war is ongoing. Certain people ignore that fact because it does not support their reality.

the US is not at war with lybia, syria, iraq, Afghanistan, Egypt etc.... how many bombs have we bestowed to the (innocent ) men and women there as gifts from above.

Libya - UN authorization.
Syria - US airstrikes are supported by the Syrian government (another fact certain people ignore).
Iraq - AUMF by Congress.
Afghanistan - AUMF by Congress / Chapter VII Article 51 of UN charter invoked.
Egypt - The US presence is in the Sinai and has been for the last 20 years and is present with Egyptian and Israeli consent / approval.

If your going to throw out lists you should research them first. Even more so when they dont support your arguent.

this war mentality is what caused all the atrocities the US committed, not threats.

uhm no.

kim can threaten anyone he chooses in order to leave his people alone and not mettle

and the countries he threatens to nuke / attack can use the same force to ensure the well being of their citizens by ending the N. K. threat.

the U.S. should be more careful with their leadership, as the ones lined up to govern the country are 100 times likely to push the red button and bomb another country... NUMBERS DONT LIE...

As a matter of fact they can lie.

Because you can make something in your back yard that can be snuck into my backyard its very much my business. How about we look at the S. Korean politicians killed by N.K. agents? The tunnels under the DMZ the north built / is still building? The every other day threat to nuke the US / S. Korea?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join