It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Young Men Need To Be Taught

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

It might have served as a confidence builder for these young men had they not been raked over the coals so thoroughly for their actions. I think some men try to develop a nonchalant attitude to approaching women, and that this can help establish a coping mechanism to help deal with rejection. They might have found it easier to approach that girl and ask her to the dance, movie, or for permission to touch her left breast. Instead, it looks like the school has decided to tell these young men that their silly, innocent, raunchy song was a rape chant and that they were all programming themselves to be rapists.

I wonder how this will affect their internal approach toward expressing their sexualities? It might lead them to develop some less healthy attitudes toward women and sexual expression. Of course, if any of them ever does commit an assault it will doubtless be seen as confirmation that the PC crowd was right and that their silly raunchy songs were symptoms or causes of the behavior. The psychological damage done by the system's overreaction to their song will be ignored altogether.

In other words, I counter your reach by reaching to say that these young men have likely been damaged by the school's reaction to their behavior. Only in my case, it's not much of a reach, as at least one of them likely has.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

edit on 19-4-2016 by kaylaluv because: oops

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Young men are easily swayed by the need to join a group of peers and once within that peer group they'll engage in bad behavior and even crime to remain part of this group. It's basic psychology as well. It's why gangs are so prevelent, and it's why gamergate is so big. Young men will look past the moral issues of why joining gamergate or the Mexican mafia or arian brotherhood is bad, they'll ignore the moral issues because they need to be a part of something. Especially in this age of smart phones and tablets, where we are isolated more than any time in our existence.

Young men need to be taught to put the phone down and respect each other. Best way to do this is by sports or martial arts.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBadCabbie
I also want to have sex with all the women(most of them anyway), it doesn't mean that I'm going to go out and make them all have sex with me. Wanting to have sex with all the women does not equate to wanting to assault those who aren't willing.

The song doesn't say "I want to" or "I'd like to" - it says "I'd do it".

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I wonder how this will affect their internal approach toward expressing their sexualities? It might lead them to develop some less healthy attitudes toward women and sexual expression.

Or... it could teach them that women aren't simply pieces of meat whose only reason for existence is for their physical pleasure. Yeah, I'm going with that.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I also want to have sex with all the women(most of them anyway), it doesn't mean that I'm going to go out and make them all have sex with me. Wanting to have sex with all the women does not equate to wanting to assault those who aren't willing.

"His jeans got good groceries in there, I'll have myself some sausage and walnuts for dinner, yessiree! Every man's a walking feast, turn me into a beast!"

There. I just made up a sexist rhyme against men to show how it's JUST A DAMN RHYME. I'm not going to literally accost any guys, get a grip.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Cool! Got any teen daughters you could teach it to, so they can get all their girl friends to sing it loud and proud on the school bus?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I wonder how this will affect their internal approach toward expressing their sexualities? It might lead them to develop some less healthy attitudes toward women and sexual expression.

Or... it could teach them that women aren't simply pieces of meat whose only reason for existence is for their physical pleasure. Yeah, I'm going with that.

I suspect, though it may be hard for you to believe, that they are already aware of this. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I think they were even aware of that fact before they got the busload of guilt tripping from the educational authorities and a plethora of PC bloggers suggesting that they were young rapists in training.

Being called a predator for reciting a raunchy rhyme is just insulting. Saying naughty things doesn't make one a predator. I hope these guys don't take their punishments too seriously, and I hope they aren't put too much at odds with the "fairer" sex over this. I feel sorry for them. Their personal authority figures are ordering them to repress healthy sexual expression, labeling that sexual expression as an unhealthy activity. That is wrong, in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Still doesn't make it a rape song...

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Cool! Got any teen daughters you could teach it to, so they can get all their girl friends to sing it loud and proud on the school bus?

They'll be teens in a few more years. When they figure out what sex is, I'm sure they'll come up with raunchier. Goes without saying for teens anyway.

Contrary to your insinuation, this is not on my radar for problems to worry about.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Might as well start now. They can be practicing it on the elementary school bus.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

That IS how some men and women view each other. Believe it or not there are quite a lot of young people who are only interested in sex and not at all interested in a relationship or a meaningful exchange of views or ideas. I can't see what is wrong with that or what business it is of yours.

Perhaps you should try to stop judging other people, stop trying to tell them what to do and think and actually just live your own life as you see fit within the bounds of the law. Just an idea.
edit on 19/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Might as well start now. They can be practicing it on the elementary school bus.

Funny is only funny if you get the joke. It's doubtful an 8 & 7 year old would get the puns of my rhyme.
Boy, you just can't stand to admit losing an argument, can you? Here, since you've already dug yourself into a hole of hyperbole & overreaction, allow me to donate a tool to speed up your venture.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Now, I think we would agree that some people might see their song as distasteful or even offensive. I could even see the sense in punishing them over that as it might not be how the school wants to represent itself, if this were a sports team or band that represented the school or something. It wasn't though. It was a school sponsored "boys night out". I'm guessing these fellas won't want to ride the school sponsored bus on their nights out in the future. Already they are more likely to be tempted to drive under the influence on their next outing due to their sense of disenfranchisement with the school, not to mention the other questionable situations they may find themselves in by being off on their own instead of with a group.

The only reason this was recorded was by other students who reported it. The guys singing the songs did not intend to upload their performance to the web and broadcast it to the world. They weren't singing it to a group of girls in an effort to offend them or something. Should conversations that took place on the bus have been recorded and the offensive ones reported as well?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Now, I think we would agree that some people might see their song as distasteful or even offensive. I could even see the sense in punishing them over that as it might not be how the school wants to represent itself, if this were a sports team or band that represented the school or something. It wasn't though. It was a school sponsored "boys night out". I'm guessing these fellas won't want to ride the school sponsored bus on their nights out in the future. Already they are more likely to be tempted to drive under the influence on their next outing due to their sense of disenfranchisement with the school, not to mention the other questionable situations they may find themselves in by being off on their own instead of with a group.

The only reason this was recorded was by other students who reported it. The guys singing the songs did not intend to upload their performance to the web and broadcast it to the world. They weren't singing it to a group of girls in an effort to offend them or something. Should conversations that took place on the bus have been recorded and the offensive ones reported as well?

It's really amusing because the crazy feminists don't seem to be calling people like Beyonce a rapist. After all she sings songs about using men, so she must be a violent, creepy rapist right?

The thing about feminists and SJWs is that they are so mired in hypocrisy they get stuck in any argument and just end up digging themselves deeper and deeper.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Doesn't matter - the older kids will get it - and so will the bus driver. By the time they get it, they will have been singing it and songs like it so much that they won't know what it's like to have a normal relationship with a man that involves more than sex.

Don't you have any desire to teach your children that relationships are more than just sex? Don't you have any desire to teach your children to respect others, regardless of their gender? Don't you have any desire to teach your children manners in public? I know that you do. But believe it or not, some parents aren't very good at raising kids. They don't teach their children these things. And it shows by the time the kid gets to be a teen/young adult.

That's all this woman in the OP's article is saying. It's her opinion that some parents aren't doing their job to raise kids to be decent people and to exercise basic manners in public. I agree with that. Sorry that you don't.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Hyperbole overload, my god. WTF is wrong with you?? Are you that hopelessly broken emotionally that everything under the sun equates to something predatory?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Doesn't matter - the older kids will get it - and so will the bus driver. By the time they get it, they will have been singing it and songs like it so much that they won't know what it's like to have a normal relationship with a man that involves more than sex.

Don't you have any desire to teach your children that relationships are more than just sex? Don't you have any desire to teach your children to respect others, regardless of their gender? Don't you have any desire to teach your children manners in public? I know that you do. But believe it or not, some parents aren't very good at raising kids. They don't teach their children these things. And it shows by the time the kid gets to be a teen/young adult.

That's all this woman in the OP's article is saying. It's her opinion that some parents aren't doing their job to raise kids to be decent people and to exercise basic manners in public. I agree with that. Sorry that you don't.

The woman in the OP should quit projecting her views on everyone else. The worid owes her nothing.
Who told you that relationships had to be more than just sex to be normal? Sounds like you are having trouble integrating with the world. Do you have a lock on normal?

How about two young people who just want to have sex now and then? Is that not normal then?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Am I the only one noticing the trend that men and young boys are quick to be thrown under the bus when it comes to questioning their upbringing or simply their mental state following the aftermath of just about anything.

But when it comes to females they can pretty much do no wrong and if they do a horde of apologists appear to say how it couldn't be her fault and that she is a victim in some way? That they apparently don't need to be taught anything because they are born perfect and remain perfect until death?

The double standards of gender equality are so blatant yet few women are ever willing to admit it.

Just boils down to what good ole Bill Burr said. "Women don't want equality, they want all the good things of being a man and none of the bad. Like at a buffet. Oh equal pay?(For less risk and less hours worked overall) Yes I'll take some of that! Paying for the movies? Eww that's gross don't want that. I want that and this, those are icky! EQUALITY DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
Am I the only one noticing the trend that men and young boys are quick to be thrown under the bus when it comes to questioning their upbringing or simply their mental state following the aftermath of just about anything.

But when it comes to females they can pretty much do no wrong and if they do a horde of apologists appear to say how it couldn't be her fault and that she is a victim in some way? That they apparently don't need to be taught anything because they are born perfect and remain perfect until death?

The double standards of gender equality are so blatant yet few women are ever willing to admit it.

Just boils down to what good ole Bill Burr said. "Women don't want equality, they want all the good things of being a man and none of the bad. Like at a buffet. Oh equal pay?(For less risk and less hours worked overall) Yes I'll take some of that! Paying for the movies? Eww that's gross don't want that. I want that and this, those are icky! EQUALITY DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY!!!

Spot on.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join