It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cocktails

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
One day when you are away, I'm going to sneak upstairs and move all of the bottles around.
Mwuahahaha!

You obviously know that would make me mental.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
I would be interested in that actually.

Cool, I'll aim for next week.

Your bar looks so professional, I'm sure you guys are great hosts.
Around here socializing tends to be beer in somebody's garage.
(you know they like you if they order a pizza, hehe...)

We try. Most of our friends know they should ask for a cocktail and try something new and interesting.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

So I was close to your neck of the woods last week in Kentucky, Louisville to be exact, and what was happening there? A horse race of some apparent importance. It seems everyone in that area of the state is horse-mental, but after speaking to them it's because they think the creatures have more sense than most politicians. So in honor of Derby we can do it's signature drink, The Mint Julep:
    2 ounces of over-proof bourbon
    1/2 ounce simple syrup
    1 mint sprig

Add bourbon and syrup to a julep tin. Fill 1/3 full with cracked ice and stir. Fill almost to the top and continue to stir until the tin frosts. Add the mint sprig, a straw and then mound more ice to form a cone. Beat heavily on the longshot.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Not a bourbon fan (blasphemy here!) but, juleps are delicious and refreshing. YUM! I know a good drink for after work today.

Beat heavily on the longshot.

I would never beat on a horse
But, would bet on the longshot every time

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
I would be interested in that actually.

Here you go...

Absinthe has a very interesting history, it was highly popular, then illegal for a good amount of time in most places and now is seeing a huge resurgence. The drinking of absinthe in France was a large part of the culture for many in the late 1800s/early 1900s. So much so that it spawned the original 'happy hour'; l'heure verte ("the green hour"). Chasing the 'Green Fairy' became so popular that it was soon blamed for all types of vile issues: murder, debauchery, drunkenness and Impressionism.

It was then banned in nearly every country until just the past decade when actual absinthe, made with wormwood, became legal again. The traditional preparation method is to pour an ounce of absithne into an absinthe cup, place a sugar cube on a spoon and then drip ice water into the glass (louche-ing) where the various botanicals that are water soluble are released. This opens up the absinthe and allows more flavors to come through from the typically high-proof liqueur which will taste mostly of licorice if drunk straight. The Traditional Absinthe:
    1 ounce absinthe
    1 demerara sugar cube
    5 ounce of ice water (you can use more or less depending on your taste)

Pour absinthe into glass, place sugar cube on spoon over the glass. Drip ice water into glass for desired dilution. Quickly stir with spoon once sugar is dissolved. Drink. Chop your ear off and mail it to someone.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

These two are courtesy of D&Co.

Since you don't like bourbon you can give these a try. One of the greatest drinks is the Negroni (gin/vermouth/Campari) and this is a spin on that with a 2:1:1 ratio but using caraway-flavored Aquavit for half if the gin portion. The May Fair:
    1 ounce London dry gin
    1 ounce Linie aquavit
    1 ounce Carpano Antica Vermouth
    1/4 ounce Benedictine
    2 dashes angostura bitters
    2 dashes Peychaud's bitters
    Orange twist for garnish

Stir all ingredients over ice until well chilled. Strain into a rocks glass with one large ice cube. Garnish with twist.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

The ladies loved this one; it's like a smoky and sweet margarita. It combines Mezcal, tequila's more flavorful older brother, Aperol and Chartreuse in a take on the Last Word. The Naked and Famous:
    3/4 Del Maguey Chichicapa Mezcal
    3/4 ounce Yellow Chartreuse
    3/4 ounce Aperol
    3/4 ounce lime juice

Shake all ingredients over ice and then strain into a chilled coupe. No garnish.

edit on 15-5-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Well, if I had to pick ONE...I suppose it would be this one.
Looks good, sounds good and the name has a 'special' ring to it for me

You da man!

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I'm more like naked and infamous.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I didn't think anyone was still interested in this thread, I felt like I was talking to myself.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Naw, I'm always checking it for more good drink ideas. I just work so much I forget to post my drinks.

I would like to introduce you to the espolon and soda. My easy drink of choice. Add tequila then add soda water and ice!!! Guaranteed to make you feel like a star until you realize you have to get out of bed and go to work👎

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Okay then, I'll post a really awesome one later this week that we had while we were out an Cali and playing a friendly game of Stump the Bartender.

The bartender won.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Ha! Nice. Where in cali? That hippy western state is where I grew up.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

That was in Healdsburg, but we stayed in Santa Rosa and shot over to Napa, Calistoga and St. Helena.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Nice. I usually like to play stump the gimp but stump the bartender can be as equally entertaining if it's a date night

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

If only there was a gimp there.

Fun trip though, wine was amazing.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Pour a small glass about half full of your favorite fruit-smoothie.
Throw in a double of Everclear.
Put a popsicle stick in it and freeze.
Good for cooling your brain in Texas heat.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I had a great trip a couple years back in wine country. I really enjoyed the copain winery.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
I had a great trip a couple years back in wine country. I really enjoyed the copain winery.

Didn't make it to that one, but they have good reviews.

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49 >>

join