It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cocktails

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

...and Russians like to kiss you on the cheek over and over again...

Better than having a Sicilian do that although you would not have to worry about dealing with the hangover.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Since the weather was hot and humid it called for a drink that contains citrus. Tequila and lime work well together so this drink utlizies that pairing and adds a little sweetness to make a very refreshing cocktail. The Mexican Firing Squad:
    1 1/2 Ounces blanco tequila
    3/4 Ounce lime juice
    1/2 Agave nectar
    1/4 Grenadine
    2 Dashes Angostura bitters
    1 Lime and cherry flag for garnish

Shake all ingredients with ice until well chilled. Pour into a double rocks glass filled with ice. Garnish with flag and serve with a straw.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Nice one. I will make this later. Can I use Patron?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

As long as it's white.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This may have been covered, but could you explain a bit about bitters? When do you use them and why?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Bitters can be used as a lifting ingredient, to add aromatics to a drink and increase the aroma. A good example is the original Martini recipe which called for orange bitters which gave the cocktail a nice citrus hint with every sip.

Or they can be binding agents that tie several flavors together like in a Sazerac where the Peychaud's bitters help blend the flavors of the rye, absinthe and sugar.

A couple of dashes can be added to just about any cocktail if you want the added complexity but they should certainly be used in the recipes that call for them as it would be like eating a meal that was not properly seasoned. It would still be okay but not great.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Thanks,
I saw them in the grocery and had noticed them listed on some of your concoctions. I noticed they have a rather high content all by themselves, so it peaked my curiosity.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The high alcohol content means only a few dashes are necessary. Try an Old Fashioned without them and after taking a sip add a few dashes of bitters according the recipe, swirl, sniff and taste again. Big difference.

edit on 18-7-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer becasue he left it in the ladies room

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I decided to let some else do the hard work tonight. White Negroni in Cincinnati's Art Deco masterpiece, the Netherlands Hotel:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I'm confused, Augiie
This is a picture of Heaven! And it's in Cincinnati
Beautiful!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Yes, it is the Netherlands Hotel in downtown Cincinnati.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

It's breathtaking.

Not ridiculously unreasonably priced either.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

In my extensive travels I found this Hilton property to be the best value for what level of service and ambiance you receive. The rooms are tastefully appointed, the staff is friendly, the location is great and the food and drinks are top notch.

I'll be back out this way in October so open invites are out there for drinks.

edit on 21-7-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer becasue he left it in the ladies room

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Since it was/is going to be hotter than the surface of the sun this weekend we made some Dark and Stormys last night. Use your favorite dark rum and try to get good ginger beer. If you are in a pinch most supermarkets carry Goya brand ginger beer in the ethnic section. Dark and Stormy:
    2 Ounces dark rum
    6 Ounces ginger beer
    2 Wedges of lime

Fill a highball glass with ice. Add rum and then top with ginger beer. Squeeze one piece of lime into drink and lightly stir. Garnish with other piece of lime. Try not to melt.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The heat.

Help.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

What are you in the mood for?

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz
Augustus could lock you in his freezer. He might even put you in there all in one piece.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
He might even put you in there all in one piece.

Doubtful.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Is it because there's no room?

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Is it because there's no room?

Nope.

I just find the whole process therapeutic.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join