It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cocktails

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Double shot of Crown Royal Apple.
Splash of Cointreau.
Top it off with ginger ale over rocks.
Tastes like a Jolly Rancher candy.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
The ladies got a summer cocktail which helped with the humid and oppressive weather. We did a Peach Smash earlier, this is one of the few drinks where pineapple works great. The Pineapple Smash:
    1 1/2 Ounces Puerto Rican rum
    1/2 Laird's Applejack
    1/2 Ounce Luxardo Maraschino liqueur
    1/2 Fresh lime juice
    4-5 Pieces of pineapple
    1 Teaspoon powdered sugar
    2 Thick slices of fresh ginger
    1 Mint sprig to garnish
    Muddle mint and pineapple in a pint glass. Pour into a shaker filled halfway with ice and add the remainder of the ingredients. Shake until well chilled and pour, unstrained, into a highball or pint glass filled with ice. Garnish with mint sprig.

Looks and sounds fantastic even though I am not usually fond of 'sweeter' drinks, I love pineapple and would definitely try this.So glad I came back (to this thread) to take a look around! Which reminded me...
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Quantum12
On I will post a photo after I make Augies drink!

Well?

Yes!
Well?
It sounded delicious and a photo would just be icing on the cake!

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

We may have to do some of these in person for the NYC meet up.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Ok this is not by any means a sophisticated or elegant drink, it's basically frozen rum punch in a plastic bag, meant to elude cops in no drinking zones or have on the beach which is more appropriate.
Sky juice is the original non alcoholic version..I call mine spiked juice.
Need.
Sm plastic bags
1 bottle of white rum Ray & Nephew is my fav, but you do you.
1 bottle of mixed fruit juice. one of those big bottles will do.
How to;
pour rum and juice into a pitcher.
Apportion mixed content into plastic bags I got 20 bags outta mine, leave enough room so you can tie it off, place in deep freeze for a day or so, don't worry it won't turn into rock , the rum will keep it slurry like, pack a beach basket with goodies make sure your Spike juice is kept in a cooler box.
Beach time take a bite out of the end, like a tit squeeze the goodies directly into your mouth, as this is both sweet and refreshing one can be fooled that one is drinking a homemade slurry don't make that mistake.

Before

After
The cost could be endless ribbing by friends ,apologies and most delightful lost of potential great female company...

Full disclaimer, got that dangerous mix. Last week was amazing. I'm coming back for redemption this weekend. I don't know exactly howuch rum is in uncle Spider's concoction. But I died and am proud to admit it, cuz he let me hide in the back as I counted stars in the daytime. Anyone neat has got to make a trip out this summer.

Btw pls clean up the plastic wrappings not kool if pick up by waves left on the beach.

edit on 20-8-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

The addition of before and after photos is awesome. Especially since the after is not where your nephew was expecting to be.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

a reply to: Spider879

The addition of before and after photos is awesome. Especially since the after is not where your nephew was expecting to be.

Actually we are not related, everyone just calls me uncle or dad chicks; usually dad, even folks slightly older than I, but yeah did he missed-up but he was warned

edit on 20-8-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I guess I should call this the "Crazy Leah."
I had some venison thawed.
This chick, I'll spare the back story, drops in with a bottle of Scotch.
She pours a high ball glass half-full of deer blood, tops it of with Glen Livet and shoots it down.
Then she makes another and hands it to me.
I have my doubts.
She says "Drink it, pussy."
I shoot it down.
I think I have some new hairs growing on my chest now.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Yes please yes sir.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
Yes please yes sir.

Alrighty then, coming right up.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I finally got a friend of mine to start drinking bourbon drinks after a sad life of only drinking vodka tonics. He really enjoyed this one which is a signature cocktail at Death and Co called the Conference which they jokingly refer to as a tiki drink disguised as an Old Fashioned since it uses two types of base spirits. Normally I would use rye for one of them but baby steps for my pal. The Conference1/2 Ounce Buffalo Trace bourbon
1/2 Ounce Woodford Reserve bourbon (or 1/2 Overholt rye to keep to the true recipe)
1/2 Remy Martin or Pierre Ferrand cognac
1/2 Ounce calvados
1 Teaspoon demerara syrup
3 Dashes angostura butters
1 Dash mole bitters
1 Orange and lemon peel for garnish

Stir all of the ingredients over ice until well chilled. Strain into a chilled double rocks glass with one large ice cube and garnish with the lemon and orange peels.

edit on 27-8-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: never go in against a Sicilian with death is on the line

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
TNMockingbird asked me to make her a warm weather drink with prosecco. So I came up with this one which is sweet and refreshing. It didn't have a name so she asked me to call it 'Cholives'. I have no freaking idea what that means but she found it funny. Bird's Cholives:
    1/2 Ounce St. Germain
    1/2 Ounce Strawberry liqueur
    4 Ounce Prosecco

In a chilled champagne flute add the St. Germain and strawberry liqueur. Top with prosecco and garnish with a strawberry.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Yummy!

I knew you wouldn't let me down!

Cholive

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

That's what friends do, they make each other delicious drinks with bizarre names.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

PLEASEEEEE. Make me a diabetic friendly drink (it can have sugar, just not like BLAM CRYSTAL STUDDED PEPPER SPRAY SUGAR, but something more toned down) and name it after an HP Lovecraft monster.

Pretty please?

Remember!

Alcohol LOWERS your blood sugar.

Low blood sugar = seizures and a fast death.

High blood sugar = sloooooow death, very slow- and eventually the loss of the limbs, and even going blind.

But thankfully, low blood sugars are easily treated with... SUGAR! So, we fight lows with juice and sugar stuff. And we're trying to maintain a balance here, lol, so a toned down sugary alcoholic drink is ok. With like bread, chips, etc for snack.

I can tell you in part exactly why alcohol lowers everyone's blood sugar levels, too.

HUMAN BODIES ARE AMAZING, THAT'S WHY.

But really. So it's because, believe it or not, the liver plays a part in keeping your blood sugar levels stable by releasing sugar that it's stored into your blood(it always has a certain reserve of sugar stored, ready to release)- so basically, your liver works to keep your blood sugar levels in the higher safe ranges. But when you introduce alcohol to your system, the liver is NOT a good multi-tasker... and it becomes, in a sense, "distracted" while it works to break down and filter out the alcohol/poison in your system- or do whatever it does with the alcohol. And since it becomes distracted with the alcohol in your system, it stops paying attention to your blood sugar levels so much so it stops releasing it's sugar packets when it should be, thus leading to lower levels.

Voila. And now we all know a little something more about alcohol... and how it affects the human body. (and really, any poison that might "distract" the liver will lead to lower blood sugars- so any food poisoning, and etc.)

I also know that the amount of carbs you eat a day in relation to your weight and body fat and then the amount of alcohol you ingest that day/night somehow determines how "drunk" you get, in a sense. Or how fast alcohol will go straight into your bloodstream. Not really quite sure how that all works out, though. I think, though, that more carbs = you need more alcohol to get drunk. I think everyone kind of knows that, though. But I could be messing something up there and I don't know the specifics/why's.

Anyway, I STILL KNOW THINGS! Hope you enjoyed the lesson.

Hp lovecraft diabetes drink, pretty please.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Okay, give me some time to think something up. I may have to ponder this one for a few days. I already have a base spirit in mind, I just need to think of some modifiers.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

tyt ily.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Okay so just returned from an awesome overnighter but...
my aching head!

I need a Martini-STAT!
Sweet, wet, and very dirty (extra olives) please.

edit on 28-8-2016 by TNMockingbird because: emphasis on the olives!

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

PLEASEEEEE. Make me a diabetic friendly drink (it can have sugar, just not like BLAM CRYSTAL STUDDED PEPPER SPRAY SUGAR, but something more toned down) and name it after an HP Lovecraft monster.

I considered not making this since that is not dead can enteral lie. Once you open to a portal to the Old Ones you are inviting danger. But I took precautions and came up with this recipe which, if it doesn't actually summon Cthulhu himself, will at least blast you into the spaces between the stars. The Mad Arab:
    1 Elder Sign
    1 Ounce Absinthe
    1 Ounce Chartreuse
    1 Ounce lime juice
    1 Ounce simple syrup
    Several long pieces of lime rind
    The Necronomicon

Place Elder Sign on your bar. Put on idiot flute players. Open the The Necronomicon to the appropriate page and recite the following verse: 'ph'nglui mglw'nafh cthulhu r'lyeh wgah'nagl.' Chill a coupe glass until its is as cold as madness-blasted Carcoss. Stir absinthe, chartreuse, lime and syrup in a mixing vessel filled with cyclopean ice cubes until well chilled. Double strain into the coupe glass. Garnish with your lime 'tentacles'. Allow the drink to transport you to a place of non-Euclidian geometry. Die in complete insanity and soul-shattering fear.

edit on 2-9-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Who is Barstar Lumberjerk?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Wow. This is the most multi-dimensional drink I've ever come across. And I need it, now. lol.

I'm sure that I will find myself thrusted into the fifth dimension (and beyond, only to come face to face with the great abyss and all that resides in it, like hopefully Cthulhu himself) in such a dramatic shift of timelines that my panties are blown away. Literally.

Seriously, thank you so much.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I'm sure that I will find myself thrusted into the fifth dimension (and beyond, only to come face to face with the great abyss and all that resides in it, like hopefully Cthulhu himself) in such a dramatic shift of timelines that my panties are blown away. Literally.

That is a distinct possibility and, all things considered, frankly the safest thing that could happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join