It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PayPal Donation Form is Back: We could use a little love...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

You are rewarded for stats with the ADs. If you build your karma you don't have to deal with ads. I think the $100 forum kinda sounds like a lower board of ideas. In this day and age most people will only throw $100 at something they care about. But thats just my thoughts only.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Bill,
I noticed at LOP they have a donation button and a monthly goal. They list the goal and amount collected. It's usually well past 100% before mid month. Perhaps it's just me, but I like seeing the goal and knowing it's obtainable. Just a way to be a bit more transparent with this.

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
If I use CC through this paypal address, does paypal get a cut of what I am donating?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Perhaps it would be helpful . . . to note in the heading with the donate buttons

a good estimate of what a replacement payment would be for the average active member who used ad blocking software. Throw in double that to cover someone else who wouldn't make a replacement donation . . . or even 3 X's such. I think a lot of folks would be sympathetic to such a deal.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Some love sent, I hope you get what you need to keep things up and running. I have never given money in the past, but felt it was time to do so. I love this site and despite all of the bickering and finger pointing. Good luck and keep your head up!

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Speaking of "alienating the rest"

Only members with access to the new forum would know who they are so could easily identify each other.

Meanwhile the great unwashed poor would have no idea who were the elite amongst them.

It would be interesting to see how that panned out during debates, especially if things got a little heated.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
C'mon Richie Rich!

100K will be sufficient to buy us free, for a while.

All we need is one big spender to keep this art-boat afloat, don't be a dick and stop putting your money into offshore-accounts, now! I know you read ATS, now go ahead and do your duty. As I will keep annoying everyone else with sharp replys, promise.

Sincerely yours
the other pisspoor artist

*all middle fingers raised for capitalism*

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: berenike

Only members with access to the new forum would know who they are so could easily identify each other.

Meanwhile the great unwashed poor would have no idea who were the elite amongst them.

It would be interesting to see how that panned out during debates, especially if things got a little heated.

Two things I would give $100 dollars for.

1: Unlimited access to the trash bin.

2 :Get out of jail free card so if I get drunk and into a stupid argument I don't wake up with a sense of dread that I have been banned.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

For a fiver I'd keep an eye on you and warn you when to stop posting if you got drunk.

j/k - unless a few more people want to take me up on my generous offer. In which case 10% of all profits will go to ATS

edit on 15-4-2016 by berenike because: it's a joke

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Make it $50 and I bet u will make more

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: berenike

Two things I would give $100 dollars for.

1: Unlimited access to the trash bin.

2 :Get out of jail free card so if I get drunk and into a stupid argument I don't wake up with a sense of dread that I have been banned.

Minimum contribution for that has to be at least $1,000

I'd pay it.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
understand the painful decisions behind creating this post and request.

Hopefully you did not Sell Our Souls to get paypal working...

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
So the people who donate 100$ get a special forum? What about the rest of us? There are some very talented individuals on this site that can offer more than money. I'm not one of them, I would like to make that very clear.

Also, people clicking adverts to make this site money has a negative impact on legitimate advertisers that pay for those clicks. I'm only saying this because I keep seeing the same thing about adverts.

I would help ATS, been a long time member, and although my contributions(if you call them that) are quite small and pretty much worthless, I do enjoy this site very much. I just think that offering people a special place for money is against what this site stands for.

That's just my opinion. Me looking in from the outside.

Peace out.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I do not see why you are requiring donations from your members, there is plenty of ways to make money through your site without the need to ask for donations. Considering your a top listed website from Google search engine, your not exactly in a bad position to generate revenue. I am not sure what your business model is, if there is one. Just it seems whatever process is, shouldn't be requiring donations.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Mission Accomplished!

TNMockingbird, Argentus and Martin thank you guys for the tips. They worked.

( Where's the "DUH" emo when you need it? )

Duh!

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I just did the $10.00. Buying a house this month so the wife is watching me like a hawk..

Btw, took me a while to find the form as I was running ad blocker. You may want to add a direct link to the PP form in the OP.

ETA, not running ad blocker on ATS now..
edit on 15-4-2016 by RepealTheLaw because: ETA, not running ad blocker on ATS now..

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Such a bad thing to say... We are all free and want free comment + info from people who are "free" as well and also getting "free" content which is naturally free. Bad ATS. BAD.

100 bucks? Are you kidding me?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

I think he just became aware of the potential money. =)

Yea scepticoverlord, brand me and I will get a new account
Like you guys hacked my modem and I did again...
edit on 15-4-2016 by belkide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Chirp, I think she was trying to pay more then the $2500..

Ha. Ha.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join