It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PayPal Donation Form is Back: We could use a little love...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

After paying taxes . . . $25 was my limit at this time.

Do we get the "News junkie" label added to our info in the left margin? Would be a nice touch. LOL.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Yes, but it'll cost you the "JesusPaidThePrice=Worthy" line.

good to see you, Bo Xian.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

originally posted by: Dumbass
I still have no clue why one of the owners or supermoderators, I mean someone that is allowed to control some of the funds, can't generate a vanity BTC address. 1ATS******************* would make a lot of sense on a conspiracy forum imo as opposed of PayPal or CCs.

Yes i agree with that and leave the Btc address up all the time A lot cleaner than using pp or cc.

True, yes please for that

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Thanks for your kind reply.

I'd just as soon keep it as it is, then.

He's worth far more than the label by an infinite margin!

I hope you and those you love are doing well.

Blessings,

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

That was not a staff comment. Just me and you, old pards, having some fun (I hope).

Of course He is.

Be well!

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Sweeten the pot man!

I'll do it anyway. I've spent a lot of time here. Might as well contribute something.

Didn't see any way to comment on PayPal. I can shoot you proof if you don't trust me.
edit on 1420160420161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Sweeten the pot man!

I'll do it anyway. I've spent a lot of time here. Might as well contribute something.

Oh, come on, folks, let's stop this here and now.

Before anybody starts feeling halfheartedly guilty because he has adblockers on, or refuses to donate money to ATS - ask yourself: did I visit ATS, tell my friends about it? If so: you already MADE a valuable donation. Ask yourself: did I write good, well thought-out comments? If so: you even donated MORE already. And to those that donate the best thing you CAN donate here: good posts, well maintained threads - they are in the upper class, like the moderators in here that spend very valuable time for free.

So, donate if you want, but stop suggesting that those that can't or won't do not contribute here.

To the owners: I'm not particularly happy with the good ole American way to allow people to buy privileges. People should be allowed access to your "inner circle" because they have proven to be worthy of it, not because they shoved a stash of dollars your way.

Ugh.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
A conspiracy site with 'secret' / 'elite' forums, oh the irony

And Quantum12, yes, we know you donated, no need to reply to almost every post asking if they donated etc..

No donation from me, the internet is my one treat, the rest of my wife and my money goes on looking after my daughter who has anorexia, sorry, she's more important than anything else...

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

To the owners: I'm not particularly happy with the good ole American way to allow people to buy privileges. People should be allowed access to your "inner circle" because they have proven to be worthy of it, not because they shoved a stash of dollars your way.

Ugh.

I see what you are saying and it IS an ugly way to get funds but on the other hand its a perfect way to get money as there's always a lump of people who want to believe they are higher up the food chain, sure there will be people who just love the site and have the spare money bits meant to appeal to the "I know more than you" folks.

Clever tactic but as you intimated, ugly.

I love the site but I love my wife and sick daughter a lot more...Family first...
edit on 15-4-2016 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc

Maybe you can help me with my decision. I can afford it and I really like sharing on ATS. If I pay the $100 and help keep the site up, would it benefit you too? I really don't care about an exclusive forum, just doing the right thing.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I don't post often, I'm more of a lurker. But it irks me to see these kinda threads pop up.
I own a business, and working like this is beyond what I consider ethical.

All I see is a failed business model, depending on charity of others.
ATS is privately owned company, its made to make profit. Anyone who believes otherwise needs a reality check.

Why not make a gauge meter so we can so how much has been raised so far? What is it needed for? Actually why do you even need the cash in the first place?

Transparency you know. In normal circumstances its none of our business, but if you depend on the user to pay for it, it becomes our business.

That's like going to your car dealer, and him asking if you could pay his rent this month all whilst presenting you the invoice.

Not to mention you need to cough up 100 bucks to be considered a worthy member to contribute for the future ATS.
That's like looking for the most gullible people and make them work even more. ( I'm sure they would consider it an honor tho. )

Oh well, back to the lurking I go.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Belgianbeer

So which bitter banned returnee are you?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

In this round of donations, anyone donating $100 or more will be added to a private list of “ATS Benefactors” who will receive special access to a private forum dedicated to brainstorming on new ideas, technology, strategies, content, etc. for keeping ATS strong and moving forward. If you want to be part of that, make sure you indicate your ATS username in the PayPal comments.

I don't mind if there is a private forum for those who contribute a load of dosh to keep ATS afloat.

BUT, are you sure that being rich makes a person any smarter than anyone else?

If you want to create a Brainstorming Forum I'd strongly suggest having that open to everybody.

You can still have a Rich Forum to discuss other stuff, if only more ways of making money...

edit on 15-4-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: berenike

In this round of donations, anyone donating $100 or more will be added to a private list of “ATS Benefactors” who will receive special access to a private forum dedicated to brainstorming on new ideas, technology, strategies, content, etc. for keeping ATS strong and moving forward. If you want to be part of that, make sure you indicate your ATS username in the PayPal comments.

I don't mind if there is a private forum for those who contribute a load of dosh to keep ATS afloat.

If you want to create a Brainstorming Forum I'd strongly suggest having that open to everybody.

You can still have a Rich Forum to discuss other stuff, if only more ways of making money...

That is why I suggested the option of adding members based on written contributions as well as financial ones.

It would instantly remove the wailings of the poor and maybe increase the quality of content if people think they can gain access to the elite posse.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: Belgianbeer

So which bitter banned returnee are you?

I had a few, mysterious password resets etc..

I actually only made an account to post during Brussel bombings. I was quite close to the source.
I though I could provide some local info. Which I did.

Still does that invalidate anything that I said? I mean did I post something that could be considered "wrong"?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

It might be hard to gauge if a person would be likely to have the sort of know-how or ideas that are needed just going on their previous posts.

Who'd go through their posting history and decide if they ought to be elevated? Once in a blue moon I, for instance, have a breathtakingly brilliant idea but you'd never guess that from my contributions here.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I will definitely donate as soon as I can. There is no where that I can read such intelligent, open, mind-expanding comments, thoughts, theories and some real crazies. Worth more than a cable or movie experience. This is my fav web site by far, ever. I do not have the eloquence or knowledge of so many here so I try to stay on the sidelines and not annoy many with my provincial opinions. Thanks for existing ATS.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike
tbh I doubt we have deciding vote on anything, more just a thank you, here come and talk more about ATS and feel better. like a pretend club.
And that's ok. Some people need that. I donated last time for nothing back and would do so again.
I think donating entities you to as much as your points do....And thats fine by me. Rest easy B.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I'm fine - just playing.

I was looking for a humorous way to make my point. Looks like I took a wrong turn?

edit on 15-4-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: berenike

I agree, money doesn't gauge one's ability to contribute quality ideas or opinions. The new forum would serve as a "board of directors" and the small $100 donation people make may give them an "investor's" mindset. I'm sure SO's plan is unfolding well in his own mind, now he just has to convince the rest of ATS that such a forum will bring long-term stability and fresh, tangible ideas without alienating the rest. I would rather see our hard earned flags, trophies, or karma score finally be used for something worthwhile as they were harder to acquire and only exist due to our contributions here. I guess the whole glitch thing put an end to that though.

edit on 15-4-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join