It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US warns Russia on selling missiles to Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I doubt the U.S. can stop them if they really want to sell these missles to Syria, but it is the right of the U.S. to place sanctions on them stopping any trade between America and Russia. Then we'll just bomb Syria to get rid of the weapons.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Anyway that is all in the past, sorry for bringing it up. I agree Syria should not get any advanced weapons but perhaps a deal where America would limit the weapons it sells to Israel would reduce the need for such weapons and lower the tensions in a volitile area. It's hard to convince one side it doesn't need weapons if the other side is armed to the teeth. Russia probably wouldn't like this deal though because it just wants $ and doesn't really care if they go to war and people die. However if Syria doesn't want to buy them Russia can't force them to.

[edit on 13-1-2005 by Trent]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
dont see what the problem is the only country at threat is israel which regulery makes raids in syria taking the piss out of their air deffences

syria have the same right as any nation to deffend them selves
and with these the israelis can think twice before making a attack on someone elses soil

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trent
Anyway that is all in the past, sorry for bringing it up. I agree Syria should not get any advanced weapons but perhaps a deal where America would limit the weapons it sells to Israel would reduce the need for such weapons and lower the tensions in a volitile area. It's hard to convince one side it doesn't need weapons if the other side is armed to the teeth. Russia probably wouldn't like this deal though because it just wants $ and doesn't really care if they go to war and people die. However if Syria doesn't want to buy them Russia can't force them to.

Well actually Israel buys a few weapons from the US, perfects them and manufactures them at home. Israel can't be dependant on any other country. Even F-16's etc, are altered by Israel.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
DrHo, why do you defend Isreal so much? what is your connections with them? Do you know that Isreal is responsible for more crimes against humanity than any other nation or dictartor there is. Do you know that Isreal is doing the same thing that the Nazi's did to them. Why support a country that does not care about human life.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Originally posted by Trent

Well actually Israel buys a few weapons from the US, perfects them and manufactures them at home. Israel can't be dependant on any other country. Even F-16's etc, are altered by Israel.

Yep the US hasn't armed Israel at all
besides all of the F-16's, F-15's, Apaches ect. they have bought the US has actually helped fund some of their programs.

The United States has also underwritten Israel’s domestic armaments industry, by giving:

* $1.3 billion to develop the Lavi aircraft (cancelled)
* $625 million to develop and deploy the Arrow anti-missile missile (an ongoing project)
* $200 million to develop the Merkava tank (operative); the latest version, the Merkava 4, uses a German V-12 diesel engine produced under license in the U.S. by General Dynamics
* $130 million to develop the high-energy laser anti-missile system (ongoing).

www.worldpolicy.org...

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Killak420
DrHo, why do you defend Isreal so much? what is your connections with them? Do you know that Isreal is responsible for more crimes against humanity than any other nation or dictartor there is. Do you know that Isreal is doing the same thing that the Nazi's did to them. Why support a country that does not care about human life.

Israel cares a great deal for human life. Are you not aware that there are many, many, Palestinians in the Israeli parliament?

Israel has for many years lived under terror attacks everyday. I don't see them putting any Palestinians in ovens!!!!!!

Protection of it's people isn't being NAZI.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

It would be OK with you if Syria has missiles that can attack Israel?
It's OK for a terror state to have missles to attack oh say Australia?

So its ok for me to come to the US and destroy the F22 ? It might be a danger to my national security.
Face it the US is trying to butt in again they see themselves as the leaders of the free world and we should follow them, i for one wont follow.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Israel cares a great deal for human life. Are you not aware that there are many, many, Palestinians in the Israeli parliament?

Israel has for many years lived under terror attacks everyday. I don't see them putting any Palestinians in ovens!!!!!!

Protection of it's people isn't being NAZI.

had to take u off ignore to read this joke

israel care for humon life what a joke lol
they kill and have killed thousends of palistinains 100 times more then the millitants ever could.

and if what they are doiing is not a crime then hitler must of been a saint

DrHoracid get ur head out of the clouds

( leave you off ignore for a min so you can read this
)

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Nice charges how about some proof. Do you have any data to back up you wild a$$ claim?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Serbia was only protecting itself against MUSLIM terrorist.

- Oh for God's sakes; you really haven't a clue have you?

The war in the former Yugoslavia was not a case of the poor Serbs merely defending themselves against Muslim aggression.

I suggest you read up on the subject and find out about the 3 'sides' involved, the Serb plans for a greater Serbia and Milosevic's stoking of Serb nationalism and their fears of Muslims and Croats.

SiberianTiger has his own agenda and I think that is as clear as day, what's your excuse?

A sad case of the 'Clinton-bash-itis@?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Nice charges how about some proof. Do you have any data to back up you wild a$$ claim?

here is links to some sites for my replys
atleast they arnt as f**ked up as your byiest sites and are facts

link to list of sites

link
So when 12-year-old Mohammed Al-Durah was killed in Gaza on Saturday and I read on the Associated Press wire that the child was "caught in the crossfire", I knew at once who had killed him. Sure enough, reporters investigating the killing said the boy was shot by Israeli troops. So was his father who survived and so was the ambulance driver who was killed trying to rescue the boy. Yet BBC World Service Television was still saying yesterday morning that Mohammed Al-Durah was "caught in the crossfire of a battle that has left hundreds wounded and killed many others". I knew what this meant.

think about it atleast unlike you i dont wake up each morning eager to go on about how people should be killed with pathetic reasons.

get your head out of your a$$ and think straight or atleast get a education because it looks like you fluncked everything you did

3min untill ignore is activated cant stand ur pathetic posts

[edit on 13-1-2005 by bodrul]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I have seen those links and studied many of them for fact and unbiast content. Looks like you need to hit that "button" since you can't stand the Truth. Sorry you have so mush "hate" in your heart for reality and Truth.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I would love to see the US cut all ties with Isreal. Isreal had no right to become a country. The jews taking back Isreal was like the native americans taking back the USA.

Both the Palestinians and Israelis are killing scores of people just out of revenge and spite. A palestinian blows up a buss, Isreal levels a block of houses, a palestinian blows up a check point. Isreal levels a block of houses.

Isreal routinely attacks Syria. Personally I think Syria has plenty of reason to fund anyone attacking Isreal even if they are low life scum like Hamas etc. Isreal kills just a undiscrimantly as the terrorists. In my opinion that makes them worse then a goverment that funds terrorism, that makes them a Terrorist goverment. Kinda like our new buddy Libya.

Let Syria have the missles. I just hope they find their targets in Isreal.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
This is none of America's business and they should butt out. It is Russia's sovereign right to sell weapons to Syria, as it would be for the European Union to sell weapons to China.

The Bush Administration raves on about freedom yet they blackmale another nation into not doing what it wishes, it's madness!

thanks,

Indeed, hypocrits! Who sold WMD and the means to create them to Iraq?
Americas bullyboy tactics will get them a big war, its a matter of time!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by instar

Originally posted by drfunk
This is none of America's business and they should butt out. It is Russia's sovereign right to sell weapons to Syria, as it would be for the European Union to sell weapons to China.

The Bush Administration raves on about freedom yet they blackmale another nation into not doing what it wishes, it's madness!

thanks,

Indeed, hypocrits! Who sold WMD and the means to create them to Iraq?
Americas bullyboy tactics will get them a big war, its a matter of time!

Answer, FRANCE, GERMANY, RUSSIA sold weapons to Saddam. Most of Iraq weapons were RUSSIAN. The missile that hit the USS Shefield was a FRENCH exorcet.

These countries also put "21 billion" into Saddam's pocket with the Oil for Food Scam. Syria is where the Saddam loyalist (criminals all) fled to with truck loads (18 wheeler size) of US dollars.

Syria is a terror state, past and present. Nuke'em, Nuke'em NOW.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You are one of the least humane people who I've seen on these boards. Im suprised you haven't been banned. Everyone looses if anyone launches a nuke at anyone, period.

By the way, you keep throwing names of all these 'terror states' around, how do you acutally define a terror state? Because the goverment seeks to futher terrorists groups aims, or because they goveren by striking terror into the hearts of their population to manipluate them?

What are your views on America DrHoracid?

Oh by the way, Isreal does have a disregard for human life, well, non-jewish human life, every day when I turn on the news, theres something about some palistian 'terrorists' being killed by isreals, not to mention all the civilian casualties. Not that palistian dosent have its terrorists!

On the subject of arms sales, ANY goverment who sells arms to another country is evil. America is the worst for this! Over the past 50 years, they have sold so many weapons to other countries its untrue.

RUSSIA/EU AND MOSTLY AMERICA: QUIT ARMING THE WORLD FOOLS!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Why is it ok to sell arms to countries we like or want to make money on and wrong for Russia to do the same?

I think this may be an issue becouse we plan on doing some bombing in Syria in the near future. and don't want to get our planes and misssles shot down.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

So since you want to nuke Syria you wouldnt mind if someone else Nukes Israel.

[edit on 13-1-2005 by Killak420]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

So its ok for me to come to the US and destroy the F22 ? It might be a danger to my national security.

It's needed. We wouldn’t build devastating weapons like so if others would follow suite. That could be used as an argument for and against Israel. They armed themselves (I mean the U.S. armed them) because of the chaos that has been sustained in the region. You'd be a fool to deny that the Israelis haven’t caused some of the violence but they aren’t fully to blame.

Syria should get those Missles so when Jews In Palestine (J.I.P.) AKA =Israel trys to attack for greater Isreal or tries to have U.S. attck for oil and greater Isreal like in Iraq Syria would have an weapon that will keep um at bay,

Don't count on a few conventional or nuke tipped weapons to stop the U.S. in intervening in its greater interests. Don’t anyone come out with that U.S. is a terrorist invasion state B.S. either. All countries have, are doing, and will do the same thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join