It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Players So ‘Upset and Distraught’ Over Chants That They ‘Weren’t Able to Finish the Game’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
Another question to all who think they were just being snowflakes. Do you think mental abuse and physical abuse are equal or one is more damaging to an individual?

Physical abuse is measurable and causes actual pain. Mental abuse doesn't exist unless I allow it to affect me.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
I´ve been on your opinion almost my whole life but had to learn it´s bull#.

Mental abuse will affect you years later without even knowing it while it affects you. Even if you think it does not affect you, it can. Even 30 years later. I think I know what you mean because I was thinking the same a long long time.

Until something was wrong out of the blue, no sleep, shivering, night sweat, powerless, puking, diaree, stomach pain, vision blurred, blood pressure down. Without going into detail, a sentence on a phone call was enough to trigger long forgotten memorys, and I did not even know it when it happened, because it manifested in physical problems. Only later and months of therapy I realized that much of my behavior, all my life long was influenced by this one incident when I was a child and that damn sentence that brought it all up again.

Don´t get me wrong, when I heard that sentence I did not know it was triggering something, I blacked out because I was in real bad shape already. It was the last warning sign my body gave me. And the pain you feel is there and real, if you think you can trick your soul/brain, it will manifest in actual, real pain. Let it be nerve pain, headaches, tinnitus (I have all of them).

Now, I´ve learned to revalue my life, be more confident in myself. I can finally eat in front of strangers without feeling watched all the time (fearing smth. embarrassing could happen).

If I had read that last two sentences above a year ago from another member, I probably would have thought like you.
I´m strong, it does not touch me if I do not allow it to, and so on. Not knowing that in a few months I would be a total wreck because of things happened when I was young.

edit on 12-4-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

You say that people these days have no idea how to handle adversity. Mmm. Let's leave the football field for a minute, where grown men are 'insulted' by mere speech, and go to Sweden, for example, where our sisters are being raped and bludgeoned to death by Islamic refugees pouring in day after day, and ask yourself what you are doing for your sisters? Or are you too busy with Zionist buzzwords, like racism, sexism, ageism, homophobia, Islamophobia, anti-Semitism and other words designed to sit on the shoulders of the White race like a collective albatross? You call people 'losers' at the end of your post. I imagine you are one of those non-judgemental types, then?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Its a funny ol World, you know.

So they are a bunch of Snowflakes.....but aren't they blacks and Mexican?....Snowflakes? How racist is it to call them Snowflakes?

Ive decided to become pro PC now. So.

Shouldn't we be more concerned that the assistant coach "cuddled" one of the girls for 20 minutes, after the game? Is'nt that a little inappropriate nowadays? Was the assist. coach a male or female? Was the assist. coach a Lesbian? Is this sexual harassment toward the young girl? Was the young girl sure the assist. coaches touching was ok? did anyone ask her?

What a funny ol situation we have got ourselves into now.....

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Why were they listening to people off the field, their whole attention should have been on the game.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Just because the girl (age?) got some place to seek shelter (the assist) and they were "cuddling" (I bet this word was choosen by intent) does not mean there was something sexual going on.

It´s kind of sad that every touch between two persons has to be of sexual nature, today. There is nothing wrong if the girl needed a shoulder to cry on even if there was hugging involved. If they both know each other and she seeked shelter and felt better afterwards, what´s the problem?
If both were okay with it and I assume it was.

20 minutes of "cuddling"? I bet they sat somewhere and she was simply leaning on him.
Really, it´s kind of getting ridiculous.
edit on 12-4-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

There have been instances where small groups of fans at all levels chant things that are racially inappropriate. One of our collegiate basketball players had it happen to him. Southern Miss band chanted "where's your green card" for an entire game at one of our Hispanic guards, Rodriguez.

I didn't notice him storming off the court at the time.

Now I don't agree with captions underneath, but you can clearly hear the chant.

Mizzou's Antlers have always been @ssholes. And while they are not above using racial themes, as you can see from the photo in the story, they aren't an exclusively white group of students.

Someone has already pointed out the proud tradition of racism and homphobic chants that soccer fans have.

Generally, you can't always stop the behavior in the game, but you can nail them afterward and that is often what happens.

edit on 12-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

If it were me those chants would have been fuel to kick some ignorant ass.

It's just words. You can either cry about it or try to beat them at their own game.

If winning the game proves them wrong, then doesn't that mean losing the game means they're right? Acknowledging insults in the first place is what gives them power.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The only example they gave was not racist. It also was very lame. And they are not little girls, they are in high school.

I grew up not far from the Beloit area. I was a runner in high school and did some road races up there. They used to give out beer after the races (sometimes). Far cry from those days.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It kind of amuses me that everyone calls the crowd names. the crowd got in the teams head, that was the goal and it worked. If the team is so indocunated that they think building a wall to keep criminals out of their country is racist. Then every crowd that plays that team should chant 'build the wall' if those kids are that pathetically weak.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You are Absolutely Right Ketsuko,My Dad was a amateur Boxing Coach for years,He brought 6 black kids into our club.We were from Louisiana,we fought in State and also in Arkansas and Mississippi,This was at the time in the 1960s that the movie Missippi burning was about.These were good kids,but they took a lot of abuse from the crowd at a lot of the boxing matches,My Dad told them this may happen,but to stay focused.They continued on fighting and became very popular with a lot of the crowds at the Cities we fought in.You hear so much bad about the people of Mississippi at that time in History.We had a Match in Pascagoula,Mississippi.a tournament,Most of the fighters stayed at the Gymnasium in Pascagoula.But some of the families in Pascagoula wanted our Black fighters to stay with them,which they did.They were treated very well,and we all had a great time.I think back on this and it amazes me even more today than it did then.I'm really proud of my Dad and those boys,I see now that my Dad was ahead of his time,In those times there were not any black youth as teammates with any white kids!Like you said Ketsuk ,you have to stay in there and tough it out.At the start these kids took alot of abuse,i guess because it was different,it was a change in society in our area of the country,The more these kids performed,the more that they were accepted!i have to say i was shocked by the City of Pascagoula,Ms.,at how well they treated us.This was just after Mississippi had killed those 3 young Freedom Riders.In life you never know,BUT YOU CAN'T WIMP OUT!!!!Take Care...

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The thing about taking offence to something is the onus is then on you - do you forgive and move on or do you harbor that offence and turn it into hatred and bitterness.

I'm guessing the team did the latter. It's not hard to deflect offence, just imagine something bigger than yourself. If someone calls you a mean name, imagine something that actually has to live with it. If someone hits you, imagine their inner hatred toward themselves. Offence is a killer. Maybe we should have classes in schools to teach us how to deflect offence, maybe then people'd get bored when people stop reacting to their insanity.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
They did the right thing.
Why should anyone be subject to racism and just accept it.

Get real.

No, they didn't. You get real.

Boo Hoo; a small group of jerk-o students hollered racial slurs probably in an attempt to demoralize the team. Looks like it worked. Like the OP said, they should have used it as fuel to let out some serious butt kicking on the other team, but they didn't. They took something dumb and turned it into a giant defeat by requiring lots of coddling when they could have turned it into a victorious display of perseverance. Whether or not they actually won the game they could have won the day.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Honest question here. If a populace in general (majority) makes it uncomfortable for a specific group and that has the effect of reducing that groups numbers is it a good example of democracy?

I'm obviously talking on a national level here.
edit on 12-4-2016 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Honest question here. If a populace in general (majority) makes it uncomfortable for a specific group and that has the effect of reducing that groups numbers is it a good example of democracy?

I'm obviously talking on a national level here.

This seems like the wrong thread for this question, as this is about a bunch of racists at a high school game. But the answer is yes. Democracy can also be considered by the names of mob rule, and tyranny of the majority. This happens to be why our current system is superior, it still recognizes the rights of the minority, and in many cases gives them disproportionate power in order to keep the nation somewhat equitable for all. And since you're talking of a national level, this happens to be why the EC and the two houses of congress are such great concepts.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
If the team is so indocunated that they think building a wall to keep criminals out of their country is racist. Then every crowd that plays that team should chant 'build the wall' if those kids are that pathetically weak.

I bet they wouldn't be chanting "build that wall" if the opponent squad was made up mostly of white girls.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Those people were assholes. I can understand how a teenage girl would feel threatened and hurt by something like this. Especially if this is the first time they've received this kind of BS.

I don't know their backstories, so I'm not going to judge too hard on their reactions.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
Another question to all who think they were just being snowflakes. Do you think mental abuse and physical abuse are equal or one is more damaging to an individual?

Oh for cripes sake....really? let me tell you, once you've been physically abused enough even the thought of possible further physical abuse is mental abuse in itself. You can't even compare the two, and to even try is just ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I have to wonder.

I wish I had one of those "weirding modules" from Dune.

I just have to know if Trumps name is a "killing word".....

"And how can this be? For he IS the Kwisatz Haderach!"

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
This is nothing to do with "safe spaces" and "special snowflakes"...

You lot are obsessed with this sort of stuff.

They did the right thing.
Why should anyone be subject to racism and just accept it.

Get real.

Why accept it? Let it fuel your victory.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join