It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Players So ‘Upset and Distraught’ Over Chants That They ‘Weren’t Able to Finish the Game’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: thinline
If the team is so indocunated that they think building a wall to keep criminals out of their country is racist. Then every crowd that plays that team should chant 'build the wall' if those kids are that pathetically weak.

I bet they wouldn't be chanting "build that wall" if the opponent squad was made up mostly of white girls.

And if you think they would not have chanted something else to get in those white girls' heads you are mistaken.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

originally posted by: amicktd
Another question to all who think they were just being snowflakes. Do you think mental abuse and physical abuse are equal or one is more damaging to an individual?

Oh for cripes sake....really? let me tell you, once you've been physically abused enough even the thought of possible further physical abuse is mental abuse in itself. You can't even compare the two, and to even try is just ridiculous.

Yea for cripes sake, we have little girls being subjected to racism. They decide to protest the game and walk off the field. Then we have the internet tough guys that take this situation to poke their own jabs at these girls.

I like how everyone is saying they should've just sucked it up and finished the game, but how would that prevent this type of situation from happening again? Please tell me, if nobody said anything or reacted then this situation would have happened to another group of kids, hell maybe even yours. Leaving the game was the best thing they could've done, because it shows they won't tolerate that behavior. I hope more schools protest their games until the school addresses the problem.

But, instead what I see are a bunch of people taking advantage of the situation behind closed doors with their almighty keyboard talking all big like they have never had their feelings hurt before. There is a stark difference between racism and trash talk and anyone that fails to realize that is very naive.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: peck420

I don't feel that this 'ideology' should be promoted, no.
and like I said in my first post about this, I'm usually on the suck it up side of the argument, but this feels different.
The action from the crowd was uncalled for. Since the school did nothing about it and the rest of the crowd did nothing about it, the players did.
This wasn't some phony outrage at some conceived slight, that never was. These girls were actually upset.
I'm not saying that they don't need to toughen up a bit, they probably do. They are teenagers after all.
I guess I just feel bad for the girls, i guess.
Something should have been done way before it got to the point where they were too upset to play a game.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

Everyone has had hurt feelings at one time or another.

It's in the "response" to hurt feelings that we are all commenting on.

"Sticks and stones" used to be cause for assault. Now it's words.

We are raising victims and encouraging victims and rewarding victimhood.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I call shenanigans on the whole incident.

Trash Talking. Yes. It happens. I remember in baseball it was every time you were up to bat. Soccer when you were going for a ball together. The trash talking playing basketball would make a whore blush. Cracka was the main one since I was one of the only white guys playing. I am a coach now and if this happened I would make sure my team finished. It shows weakness.

I can see students from one high school saying things to another school. The part that seems planted is....

"Donald Trump, build that wall."

"They came off the field and weren't able to finish the game because they were too upset and distraught over what happened to them," Denu said. "One of the girls was cradled in the arms of one of our assistant coaches for a good 15 to 20 minutes."

15 or 20 minutes? Over trash talk. Over Trump? Wake up folks...Trump is not a slur....I did not hear ANYONE say that they called them a group of spics or 'n-word's. There was a hand gesture and some 'you suck' talk. Watch the below video.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 04am30amf0000002016-04-13T07:46:26-05:000726 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Not everybody said they should "suck it up".
I for example said, ignore the idiots. Ignoring and sucking up is not the same for me.
What I said was, give them a platform and they will do it.
Its a two bladed sword, you can boycot the game and leave, but that´s just what such people want!
Or you can try to ignore them. Maybe it takes time, but they will loose interest if nothing happens.

Leaving aside, that the whole thing could and should have been managed by the elders.

I like how everyone is saying they should've just sucked it up and finished the game, but how would that prevent this type of situation from happening again? Please tell me, if nobody said anything or reacted then this situation would have happened to another group of kids, hell maybe even yours.

Or the other way. If you give them success by manipulating a game, they will do it again and again.
Because they are not reasonable people, they are assholes.
edit on 13-4-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Its a two bladed sword, you can boycot the game and leave, but that´s just what such people want!

Would they want their athletic department shut down? That's the point I'm trying to make. If they get this story out and more teams boycott games at that school, then the school loses. That would force them to address this situation, because to my knowledge the athletic department usually assists in vital funding for the schools.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Not everybody said they should "suck it up".
I for example said, ignore the idiots. Ignoring and sucking up is not the same for me.
What I said was, give them a platform and they will do it.
Or you can try to ignore them. Maybe it takes time, but they will loose interest if nothing happens.

Leaving aside, that the whole thing could and should have been managed by the elders.

I like how everyone is saying they should've just sucked it up and finished the game, but how would that prevent this type of situation from happening again? Please tell me, if nobody said anything or reacted then this situation would have happened to another group of kids, hell maybe even yours.

Or the other way. If you give them success by manipulating a game, they will do it again and again.
Because they are not reasonable people, they are assholes.

I wasn't referring to you, just to the normal posters that post these snowflake threads over and over. They cherry pick stories online and think an entire generation is like this, when really it's not. Every generation has their snowflakes as has been proven over and over. All it takes is a quick Google search to find the truth, yet they choose to be ignorant.

Personally I see them as the snowflakes. I mean really, It's hypocrisy to a whole other level. People ONLINE complaining about people complaining.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

People ONLINE complaining about people complaining.

And here you are. . . . complaining about people online complaining about people complaining.

hahahahahahahaha

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I don´t know what´s in their heads but I suppose with such a behavior, they do not care much about that.
The next thing is, most of those people will leave the school anyways in a year or two. There is a saying in german, it translates roughly to:

"I don´t care about what comes after me"
"Nach mir die Sinnflut"

That´s something you say to a person that behaves like he´s the only one on the world, not caring for other generations.

The right thing would be to identify those people, cast them out of sports completely. Period.
If we start to bend over, "they" have reached their goal.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I wasn't referring to you, just to the normal posters that post these snowflake threads over and over.

No, you were adressing everyone!!

Don´t write everyone if you do not mean everyone.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Apparently, looking at the chanters, we are also raising obnoxious pricks. Whatever happened to raising someone to have manners?

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Apparently, looking at the chanters, we are also raising obnoxious pricks. Whatever happened to raising someone to have manners?

We've always had obnoxious pricks.
We've also always had crybabies.

Circle of life.

(starts singing Disney songs. . . . . )

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The crowd: a bunch of assholes that shouldn't be sold a ticket in the future. Just dump the cost of running the team into the tax stream instead, until they learn to act like civilized people.

The players: 100% candy asses. We all get called names. Terrible names. All the time. A lot of the names i'm called aren't even socially inappropriate, because no one's stomped their feet and whined enough to get folks to even think about it.

A total non story, unless all we are trying to do is make people despair for the fate of our planet.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

And here you are. . . . complaining about people online complaining about people complaining.

hahahahahahahaha

Fair enough, I'll step out of the thread and let the snowflakes complain because little girls got offended by racist people.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

hahahahahahahaha

Fair enough, I'll step out of the thread and let the snowflakes complain because little girls got offended by racist people.

Complaining and now name-calling.

Pot? may I introduce you to Kettle?

hahahahahahahahahahaha

(this is such a funny site!)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Kids are obnoxioux pricks in general.

You can't submit them to tests to see if they are sociopathic, because all kids will show as being sociopaths. They are driven by impulse, and haven't developed the neural networks that come from years of experience exercising good logic skills. Even worse, their sociopathy makes them almost immune to empathic urges.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Anything to add to the topic or are you just here to troll anyone who disagrees with you as usual?

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I have added. Didn't know I had to agree with people in order to post.

We're dealing with name-calling and hurt feelings.

Maybe we should get the UN involved?

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I have added. Didn't know I had to agree with people in order to post.

We're dealing with name-calling and hurt feelings.

Maybe we should get the UN involved?

When you have something important that pertains to the thread let me know.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join