It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Players So ‘Upset and Distraught’ Over Chants That They ‘Weren’t Able to Finish the Game’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Why should anyone be subject to racism and just accept it.

BLM is constantly racist, but we're told that not supporting them is racist by the main stream. Their founder just tweeted for Allah to give her strength not to kill white people. Yet, no uproar.

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
This is nothing to do with "safe spaces" and "special snowflakes"...

It's all about that. Words cant hurt you. Words only have the power YOU give them. Only special snowflakes dont understand this simple concept.
edit on 12-4-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Text
That was a situation that never should have happened. According to another report on this incident, the sole "school administrator" was at the ticket office counting the receipts. The other adults from the Elkhorn school said it was beyond their responsibility to stop what was happening. Bull$h!t. Just pure bull$h!t. Kids should not be subjected to that kind of abuse.

Where were the parents in all this? Did they just drop their kids off or were they in the stands, yelling away, too? Or were they actually OK with the kids to yell insults because the other players were the dirty little Beloit kids?

Yeah, I live in Beloit, too.

Beloit is second only to Milwaukee for crime rate, unemployment and minority population and we do NOT enjoy a good reputation in the state because of it. Somehow, I sense there's more to this story, and the kids finding the perfect opportunity to insult real live minority people was the icing on the cake.

edit on 4/12/2016 by Cheddarhead because: clarification

link   
And what has become of good sportsmanship?And considerating how crazy some of the parents can get it wouldn't hurt to have some security at these events.And yes,I'd have had the racists removed from the premises.

link   

originally posted by: amicktd
Another question to all who think they were just being snowflakes. Do you think mental abuse and physical abuse are equal or one is more damaging to an individual?

When a bear craps in the forest, and nobody is around to hear it, does it stink?

Welcome to real life, where people, that will see you once, really don't give a rats about your physical or mental health.

You can learn to deal with it, or you can let it deal with you. I have been on both sides of that equation, and have been far, far, far happier since I stopped letting it deal with me.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I recall playing football against East Side in Paterson (the same school as the Joe Clark movie) and they sang us a cute little ditty called, 'Whites, We Hate'.

I got over it.

Yeah, but it probably took a while.

Thanks a lot, Obama!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

So ignorant racist statements can have their desired effect.

Bad example to be setting.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
When younger I played on a basketball team where we'd regularly play away at inner city schools.

I'd hear all kinds of nonsense spewed at me or my teammates, "white boy this, white boy that", "honkeys can't ball", "we'll beat your cracker asses", etc.

For me, just part of trash talk, part of the sports environment. Made me play harder. Came to enjoy it, winning and shutting up the fans.

Who knew that only 10-15 years later the response would be to sit in a circle and cry like a bunch of pansies. Is thick skin and getting on with it just not a part of the younger generation anymore?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
Actually is that a fantasy daughter or a real one ...just asking there big daddy....just askin...

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I used to hear. . .

"hey batta, batta, batta, batta. . . . . SWING!"

And I used to swing.

And I'd miss the ball.

(someone hold me. . . . . sob!)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'm usually not one to have sympathy for these types of issues, but in this case, I feel bad for the girls.
Especially since it was allegedly a 'small group' of students... How was this situation not handled by some type of authority figure?
When someone cries outrage and its over some imagined slight, or over some opinion they find offensive, I say "get over it"
It this case though, where it's obvious racial slurs being hurled at some girls who have never done anything to deserve it, at a school event where they should be somewhat protected from this sort of thing. I can't help but be sympathetic.
I went to a nearly all white high school and a couple years ago, the school got into a lot of trouble when the made it to a state final game against a mostly black team.
There were some racial slurs thrown and some twitter posts being 'proud' that they got to where they were with no black kids on the team.
People got in trouble in that case and guess what... It hasn't happened since.
Find these kids and punish them accordingly

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I used to hear. . .

"hey batta, batta, batta, batta. . . . . SWING!"

And I used to swing.

And I'd miss the ball.

(someone hold me. . . . . sob!)

There there now ....there there...its ok now....

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Another question to all who think they were just being snowflakes. Do you think mental abuse and physical abuse are equal or one is more damaging to an individual?

At some point in your life, you have to learn that some things are not going to be all sunshine and roses. People are going to hate you, sometimes for no real reason at all, and the sooner you face this unpleasant fact and get on with it, the better off you will be.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

And I'm sure someone is working to handle it if it's a small group, but as an athlete, you need to learn to suck it up and get on with it. They're doing it to get under your skin and get you off your game, and it looks like they won.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I was never into sports (thank God), but my brother was. If my dad would have ever caught my brother trash talking anyone, or doing anything considered unsportsman-like, he would have kicked his butt so bad, and would have taken him out of sports for a year as punishment.

All these people wanting to do away with anything PC so they can be rude and obnoxious without any consequences are probably the same mean kids who did and said hateful things in school and sports - and got away with it.

I say punish the hell out of the chanting kids and let them know there are consequences to being rude and hateful.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Cheddarhead

Where were the parents in all this? Did they just drop their kids off or where they in the stands, too? Or were they actually OK with them for the kids to yell insults because the other players were the dirty little Beloit kids?

My son's football team travels up to 45 minutes away sometimes. It's also required they travel together. Sometimes parents are unable to make it due to work and such, but parents aren't required to attend away games.
edit on 12-4-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It's more likely the high emotion they are in, I've seen tiddleywinkers end up the same way!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

At some point in your life, you have to learn that some things are not going to be all sunshine and roses. People are going to hate you, sometimes for no real reason at all, and the sooner you face this unpleasant fact and get on with it, the better off you will be.

So you didn't want to answer the question? This isn't about me by the way, I'm a grown man and will handle my situations like I always do.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

That is my answer, and it's the same as the other one you've gotten.

If you go through life letting every little thing someone else says dictate how you feel about yourself and your worth, then you are in for a pretty crappy life.

At the end of the day, you control you, not anything someone else says about you, and the only opinions that should really matter to you are the ones coming from those who know and love you, not random strangers from the opposing side of some athletic event.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
"Snowflakes! Snowflakes! Snowflakes! Snowflakes!"

I really can't understand the "conservative" fascination with criticizing people for being offended when they're quite possibly the most easily offended people among us.

The difference? Self-righteous indignation. When a "conservative" is offended, it's because he's the victim of some agenda or another and therefore, in his mind, his whining is justifiable. Ironically, the GOP front runner is the biggest "snowflake" of the bunch! This is a guy who prides himself on his whining. A man who throws a tantrum if he isn't mollycoddled by the press.

What character deficiency is being catered to with stories that are intended to give grown people something to ridicule high school students for?
edit on 2016-4-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I take your stance towards sports as rude.

What should your punishment be since we're doling out punishment for being rude?

I mean, your right to be rude isn't more important than the rights of others to be rude, right?
edit on 12-4-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join