It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I never had a girlfriend ..

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
From what I've experienced you're not missing much. I crave women but one bad one was enough to turn me away from bothering ever again

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dude200181
Hi all I never had a girlfriend and I am 24 years old what should I do about it. I also have no friends in real life

and? kind of vague statement dont you think? crying on the internet wont do you any good.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Never had a girlfriend? count your self lucky on that one. Not everyone meets "the one" the first time or second or third...many these days are just money hungry gold digging wh**** who will go to any lengths to get plastic surgery done to "improve" their image.

Have you tried things like Tinder and Scout? Tinder requires a facebook profile however.
I've never used either, but I have friends who've used Scout and have had success in at least hooking up with girls. All they were after though was a quick hook up though. I'm sure you could find a girl or girls on there, to hook up with, or even more then that and become friends and become part of a group of friends.

As hard as it seems, you have to put your self out there. And with no actual friends, a great way is through these dating/meet up apps. There's heaps and heaps of them.

Another idea..why don't you try volunteering at say a local sports club or something like that?
Or even joining a local sports team if you are good at any sports?
Maybe there's an amateur club for some particular sport where they don't care how good or how bad you are at it as long as you want to take part, have fun and learn?

Another option is family. Do you have any siblings? How about cousins that are around your age?
Talk to them, chances are they already know of your situation. They might be willing to take you out or go out with you and help you meet new people, girls in particular. Or maybe they'll be willing to bring you into their circle of friends.

Like one of the first posters to reply to you said, attitude.
Be passionate, be compassionate, be caring, be loving, be honest, be funny, be whatever, but also have an attitude of "not giving a #".

And like others have said, you have to get a job.
A job is important, not only for attracting a lady because it shows/she knows you have money to spend on her and take her out.
I assume with no job you live at home still. Not having a job and living at home with your parents will be a big turn off for women. Unless you come across some sort of traditional girl whose the sort that believes in sex after marriage only and all that. Then her old man would probably set you up with a job as well if he liked you lol.
But get a job. Because you'll also be able to become more independent with a job.
Do you have a drivers license? If not, get one. With a job you'll be able to get a car. You don't need a Lamborghini, but something nice eventually.
What's your education/qualifications like? Try getting into a short course that will lead you into a career with progression. The higher you move up the ladder the more money you make. You don't want to be stuck in a dead end job. You might enjoy it at first, might have a few good laughs with co-workers, but eventually you'll want to buy a new car, to buy a house, to go on a holiday perhaps.

Don't over think things. People will say this a lot and it may sound like bs, but it's true. The moment you start over thinking and over analyzing things, say after you went on your first date with a girl, your mind will be a mess.
You'll start worrying about silly things that are insignificant and make no difference.

And confidence. It's important.
Try and stay confident, because when you are confident, it shows.

Chances are you'll have a few knock backs at first, then the first few dates with different girls wont lead to anything besides a few dates, maybe some action.
Don't let that get you down. It's all a learning experience.

And probably the most important thing you need to remember, is that you are not the only one who has gone through his teenage years without a girlfriend/boyfriend, and few to no friends. Many, many people go through the same things that you have and are going through right now. You're not a freak, you're not weird. There's nothing wrong with you. You just need some guidance and help. We all need help and guidance throughout life.
Many don't have the courage to ask. At least you have the courage to ask, so remember that as well. You had the balls to ask complete strangers online for help. That's a big big first step.

edit - And I just thought of this. This may sound sleezy or something, but that's not what I have in mind or why I'm suggesting this.
Go on a holiday. Ask a male cousin or a brother(if you have one) to come along with you.
Go to somewhere like Thailand. Go to the typical 'party' places, like Pataya, where all the white toursits go.
Over there in the bars, the girls will come to you. Yeh, they are working girls on the hustle trying to make some money off you.
But the experience of having half naked girls talking to you, buying them a drink(you'll have to buy them the most expensive drinks because that's what they ask you for lol...it's the way it is over there), maybe even taking them back to your hotel room, will do your confidence and attitude a world of good.
You will also meet new people there. There is a lot of Australians, Canadians, Americans, and Europeans in general there, who are there for a good time, a lot who live there, some who even run bars and clubs, and many of them are very friendly people who like to meet other travelers.

Not only will you become more confident in talking to girls and meeting new people, you'll also experience a whole new world out there.
And who knows, you might get the travel bug and want to go off on another holiday and explore another country, or go back there and explore some more.
edit on 8-4-2016 by mortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder

Hi all I never had a girlfriend and I am 24 years old what should I do about it. I also have no friends in real life

and? kind of vague statement dont you think? crying on the internet wont do you any good.

And?
And maybe he's looking for help?
And maybe he doesn't know how to ask for help?
And maybe he's afraid of being open?

And maybe a million and one other possibilities that you could consider before being a jack ass.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Get yourself a crown like me:

Don't just live life...RULE LIFE.

Women love dudes in crowns.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
duuuuude...

life is a video game! none of this # matters when your dead! don't worry about what people think!

I used to have social anxiety in high school after transferring to a new school. I didn't know anyone. At first i was scared, then i was angry. Then i said "screw, it i don't care what any of these people think about me." and just did my thing. And guess what? People liked me, girls liked me, everyone did. Just be yourself, and try to make a joke out of everything, cause life is not as scary or serious as it seems.

Trust yourself, play life as a video game.

Get a job as a video game tester or something, or work towards that as a goal.

Theres something for everyone just can't be scared to make the first move.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Quit over-complicating everything.
It goes like this...

Whats your name? I am Bob.

What are your interests?

See who will talk. It's infectious.

Then it's just a numbers game...

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, yes! Ok

If you smile alot, they will come and nobody likes whining.

NEVER, and I mean never, use the words "it's infectious" in a paragraph about pick-up lines and dating advice.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
oh yeah, don't worry about having a girlfriend for now. Work on yourself, like so many other people said.

What does that mean? People say it all the time, you hear it all the time.

What that means is work on losing the fear. Lose fear of everything. Don't be scared of anything and you will be set free.

Work on courage, show no fear, you are the master of your own reality.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dude200181

I'd suggest turning off your computer and hitting up a bar, church, or local college common area this weekend. Be persistent, don't be needy, don't be whiny, and for the love of God don't tell the girl your life story. Be mysterious and if you get any positive response, make that girl the absolute center of your attention for the rest of the discussion. If Dolly Parton walks up to you and whips 'em out, ignore her and never break eye contact with the girl who's shown interest in talking with you. You don't have to voice agreement with everything she says, but don't disagree with what she's saying, either. Listen, listen, listen. Pick one or two facts she says that most people would see as throw-aways and memorize them for use next time you see her. For example, you'd be amazed at how effective it can be for you to remember a girl's comment about liking some Toby Kieth song and then you playing it on the jukebox the next time you're together. Do little things, like bring her a single Hershey's Kiss or find a small pebble and paint a smiley face on it before you give it to her. Don't take her to a concert or a movie for the first few dates, you need face time and chatting to make a connection, neither of which you'll find in a noisy environment like a concert or a movie theater.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dude200181

Don't worry about it...I didn't have a girlfriend until I was about your age, and I met her through college. It will happen, don't worry.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Your crown thread and now this, damn brother you really are proud of that crown lol

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Not to be condescending, because I was once in the same situation. But the first step,as a 24 year old, would be to get a real job. Not Starbucks, I do love their coffee, or McDonalds. Second, simply be confident in yourself and your decisions. If you want some more advise, because I have some real experience and insight, reply. Otherwise I'm not going to waste my time.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

a reply to: TechniXcality I know right lol

Start working out and finding reasons for greatness, then imagine yourself as some kind of new breed of individual who gets what he wants.

Go immediately towards the areas that are weak and force them to awaken.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

a reply to: TechniXcality I play videogames most of the day like mabey 8 hours or more everyday and that's about it really.

If you like gaming, you could try going to the local game store and joining their Friday Night Magic days or finding a Dungeons and Dragons group. I do both of these things, and the people are very accepting and I have more friends from them than I know what to do with.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I know this is going to g0 against the grain of "be responsible and get a job" advocates but there is another approach that worked for me.....

I grew long hair, I learned a few songs on the guitar, I owned a cute dog, I hung out where the hippie girls hung out.

I memorized some very funny jokes to break the ice and start conversations. "Hey, wanna hear a funny joke" is the best pickup line there is!!! This technique might not work for long term relationships but if shallow, casual sex and one night stands is something that might interest you....it works, they will pick you up, btw....wear protection.

Read the Karma Sutra and learn erotic sexual techniques...the ladies will spread the word among their friends, that you are a good lover and your reputation will sky rocket. Sorry about that corny phallic reference.

However...I feel a word of warning is required. You will attract women that are lonely as you are. Many of them have deep seated psychological issues that will drag you into their lives and make you miserable.

Sometimes just for fun and to see if this technique still works in the current cultural milieu; I go to starbucks or a bar and give it a try....it does!
I am much older, paunchy, bald, myopic, but it doesn't seem to matter much....the moral of this story is that; People and women in particular, want to be noticed and appreciated with attention. Give it to them with grace, style and sincerity.

I just do not know what to say from a woman's perspective. Bad advice, maybe?? Sorry, but it kinda is...

So, you basically became a wanna-be-hippy type of dude and preyed, I mean picked up, on lonely girls? Did I understand that right, or? Please, correct me if I am wrong...

The OP needs to work on HIMSELF before he should ever worry about scoring even a one nighter. He needs to get his SAD under control and then work on his confidence, get a job, get out on his own, etc. Only then should he worry about finding a mate. It's not fair to any woman to be fooled by a man...Her thinking he is one thing but, in reality, turns out he's a total mess.

That last bit (bolded) tells me you don't really have a clue about women. I know we seem to be complicated creatures, but really, we are not.

By the way, it's Kamasutra...Not karma sutra. Kamasutra

It takes WAY more than reading a book in order to be a great lover...Like confidence, for one.

Trust me when I say we want a lot more than some dude with a dog, at the park, with a guitar, cracking corny jokes...It might break the ice with some women. Homely, lonely and desperate women. Maybe...

Who wants someone like that?? Male or female? I know I didn't in the short time of my adult life that I was single.

I am SO grateful and thankful that I am married to a real, actual man. He even plays the guitar, lol.

Most women want a man, man. A man who can provide, protect, take charge, etc. Not some whiny, wimpy, fake ass dude.

No. No thank you.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
In the immortal words spoken to the 40 year-old virgin...

"It's time you tried some wrong"

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Get yourself a crown like me:

Don't just live life...RULE LIFE.

Women love dudes in crowns.

THIS....But maybe keep the crown at home??

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Understand this, thats only a problem if you believe it is.
I myself have only had 1 gf and and now I have been single for 9 years.
I used to get really frustrated at my inability to have a simple conversation with girls. but then I found a way to stop caring and now I don get that anxious or nervous anymore. Once you stop believing theres something wrong with you or the situation you are in, or that you are not somehow good enough, it will slowly be better trust me.
Friends wise I also dont have any that I would call close friends. But thats just me, I am very picky with the people I choose to be around and show my real self to.
I feel that all in all our perception of our situation in the world greatly affects our lives.
Just be, and dont give power to your thoughts, thoughts are not the reality.
take care

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
o.p im not much older than you,i have zero friends in real life either,however i am married.
my wife is my only companion, it wasn't always that way but Ce Sara Sara.
the last few years i have been happy to walk this path of semi solitude, its compatible with my esoteric studies anyway.
what im saying is find peace within yourself dont go betting all your hapiness on someone else because thats doomed from the start.
all the best o.p-nooneyouknow.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Well I know one thing I will be alone forever no matter what

originally posted by: lovebeck

Well, with that attitude you probably will be!

Enough of the pity party, sheesh!!

Newsflash, the vast majority of women CANNOT STAND men who are whiny cry bags!!!

We want a protector, someone who makes us laugh, a provider, a stable partner in life and someone to take charge in certain...situations.

At least those of us who aren't feminists and man haters do.

Stop whining, get your sh!t together and build your confidence...After that all the other stuff falls into place. BUT you won't get anywhere and, more importantly, will not attract a quality individual with all the whining and pity party BS.

Sure? He "attracted" you "with all the whining and pity party BS" enough to bother replying to his post. By the same logic, he didn't attract a quality individual.

edit on 16201658amk2016 by yosako because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join