It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I never had a girlfriend ..

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
It's only fair, but I do not see a good reason coming or any at all as I doubt his return.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Well that has happened plenty of times, so maybe you're right. We'll see.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
My initial response to this thread was minor outrage, I still don't know whether or not to think the OP as some form of attention seeking troll.

But, I will be kinder than my response on page 4.

Social Anxiety Disorder is terrible. And I agree, emphatically.

I was at the stage where I wouldn't leave the house. If I got -forced- to leave the house, my head would be down, I wouldn't meet anyone's eye, I swear that everyone was looking at me, judging me, whatever. I had 2 friends who I trusted though, from school years beforehand. Occasionally they would drag me out for dinner or for a movie, that entire time I would be staring at my feet, they had to order things for me, speak for me, I wouldn't even look at the clerk, cashier or waitress.

It's no way to live, and as I grew older I thought - bugger that. I need to LIVE.

To this day, I still shake and tremble sometimes, still feel that horrible feeling in my chest when speaking to strangers, sometimes when I do my grocery shopping I SWEAR that the cashier is looking at me funny. I stutter and stumble when talking on the phone, phones are the WORST. Even writing here on ATS, a lot of the time I don't even post, I just delete everything I want to say.

But. Who cares? YOU should. It's YOUR life. YOU'RE the one who matters. DO something for yourself. Life IS what you make it.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Kaelci, that made me want to give you a big hug!

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Yes, she's right OP.

Life is what you make of it.

I'm 2 years younger than you and I have SAD too.

Be happy! foreveralone or not.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Buy a sports car.

Worked for me.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dude200181
a reply to: Tiamat384 well man I wish I could get a job but can't because I have anxiety towards people ok

Then your screwed.

I have anxiety to. I just had to get over myself.

Either get over yourself and get a job or resign yourself to pointless and meaningless life alone in the family basement.
edit on 8-4-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Or be a good looking American in the U.K

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Or be a good looking American in the U.K

A ugly brit in the Usa gets faaaaaaaaaaaar more action.

The accent drives your girls CRAZY.
edit on 8-4-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
You mean in the USA I assume.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Actually I'd wager it's the same, I've met quite a few British women who are smitten for me and my accent to be honest

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
You mean in the USA I assume.

Your right, corrected

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Hi all I never had a girlfriend and I am 24 years old what should I do about it. I also have no friends in real life

You're not missing out on the girlfriend bit, they're a nightmare.

As for friends - we're all here

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Probably needs some Nuge is his life too.

Here I come again now, baby
Like a dog in heat
Tell it's me by the clamor now baby
I like to tear up the street

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

All I can say to you man is make an effort. I actually am friends with three guys that are in the same situation as you. I had a lot of social anxiety as a teenager but managed to come out of my shell a bit in my early 20's. I met these guys when we were in our early 20's, and we got along because I could play games for 8 hours and knew where they were coming from with their social anxiety. But while I managed to turn my obsession with computer games to jobs in IT, found they just... kept living in their parents houses, playing games for 8 hours a day. A couple of them tried to get the occasional job, but they'd end up just stop going to work because they didn't like it. One of them has pretty much given up, and is getting some sort of stipend from the government for basically "not liking to go to work," so he can just play videogames all day. one of them has decided he's going to make his living growing marijuana (which he's not especially great at doing either) so he can spend most of his time playing video games, and the other just.. sits in his room and plays video games all day. We're all now in our early 30's, and they're still living with their beleaguered parents in the same bedrooms they've had since they were kids.

I impore you man, just make an effort. Even some small way of putting yourself out in the world. You're 24, you're still young enough to turn this around and have a fulfilling social life AND still get to play video games in your spare time. Or you'll end up a 40 year old man who still has to ask him mom or brother for money, and at some point you'll have to determine how much dignity you're willing to sacrifice for video games.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

They rack disciprine.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Slanter
Great comment, but it's directed at the wrong person

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

a reply to: Tiamat384 well man I wish I could get a job but can't because I have anxiety towards people ok

There is a really simple way to get over social anxiety. Anger. Red hot steaming uncontrollable fury.

Anyone or anything that that makes you feel worthless or puts you down in any way... focus on that thing and mentally beat the sh*t out of it.

Whenever someone talks down to you -- verbally rip the skin from their face.

A girl laughs at you for being socially awkward while trying to start up a conversation and be nice. Tell her you are a f**king human being and deserve decency and respect just like anyone else.

No one, let me repeat, no one will get the better of you once you let your mouth say what your head wants it to.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: NightWillFall

Sounds like a horrible replacement.

Nobody is out there trying to get the better of him, and probably not you either.

But hey, Welcome to back to ATS.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Try some meetup groups

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join