It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK, Prince harry wears swastika to party?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I was shocked to see Prince Harry dressed in such an outfit for a fancy dress party

Prince Harry has apologised after being pictured on the front page of The Sun in a Nazi uniform which he wore to a fancy dress party.

The newspaper showed the Prince, with a cigarette and drink in hand, wearing a swastika armband.

The 20-year-old said: "I am very sorry if I caused any offence or embarrassment to anyone."

I know that he’s a 20yr old boy and he does alot to help out in Charities etc.

But really how could he have been so silly to have chosen this outfit?
Where are the people around him who are meant to advice him on these issues?

"It was clearly in bad taste, especially in the run up to holocaust memorial day on the 27th of this month, which the Royal Family will be taking a leading role in commemorating."

This will be VERY big news here in the UK and possible world wide...

SKY NEWS LINK

[edit on 12-1-2005 by asala]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
that boy has class so its my guess he wore it to make mockery of Blair and/or Bush.

After all, its only the past 4 years that the name Hitler comes up daily

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well that boy, is joining the army soon and i think there are calls for his enterance to be halted due to this,.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Trust me, the future king of England will not suffer, i dont think. He was masquerading, for crying out loud.

I doubt anything will become of this, but then again, you never know.

What if he dressed up like Saddam or Napoleon as a gag?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Asala, you're from England, you probably have a better feel for this than we do here. If you think this is detrimentary then i beleive you.

Maybe you can keep us posted

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Joke or not, party or not it doesnt really matter. As someone who is in the public eye its just stupd on his part to do something like this. Ranks up their with comments from Arnold about admiring Hitler, irreguardless of it being in jest or not its never a wise thing to do, so hopefully the swift kick in the butt the media will give him will help teach him a lesson.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I'm kind of split on this one. I mean it was a fancy dress party. If you go dressed as a psychotic murderer it doesn't mean you support or 'are' a murderer.
On the other hand he should have seen this coming, especially with the anniversary looming. A Nazi uniform might mean nothing to him, but it may to people who had personal experiences they'd like to forget.
Unfortunately for him he is in the public eye and everything he does in public is scrutinized.
I think the people who slag him should imagine being in his shoes for a day, as I’m sure when they were his age they did far worse than this.
He knows he made a mistake and apologized. That’s that as far as I’m concerned.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Apologies; the future king of England is William not Harry. Here i am ranting on and on..............

Harry isnt going to be king and he's the rebelious redhead, so someone will simply kick his butt and move on with life.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Well that boy, is joining the army soon and i think there are calls for his enterance to be halted due to this,.

Yes, some MP is demanding that he be banned from joining.

Meanwhile, heres the Sun newspaper cartoon - which seems to have disappeared alongside the piccy of Harry dressed as a nazi. (I found this on a Chinese site)

Personally I think he was just acting the pillock.

[edit on 12-1-2005 by Pisky]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
lol pisk, and he apologized for wearing it too but i didnt know about this cause im in nyc and rarely watch the news when i have a chance
so this is a first, in my opinion i really dont care what he does as long as it doesnt effect me in any way then were good friends
lol theres the link down there for the story

ATSNN story

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The Queen as u know is descended from the House of Hanover (forget about 'windsor' ) ..so naturally Harry feels comfortable wearing his ancestory clothes.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The royal family are germans and they did aid Hitler to some extent so there should be no suprise to people on this board that Harry or any of them would do such a thing! He's just showing their true colors!

He probably wishes people were saying Hail Harry!

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
well, well, well...i think the true colors are staring to show around the world.....like he didn't really think that it wouldn't be offensive....also that symbol was around b4 the nazis... he is another ....symbol....you know, i can't even think of a tome when i waved to someone like this.......the wave notice her left hand also...i wave like this all the time....not!!! something is happening................

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The point is, is that for someone who will gain an instant rank and be expected to lead men, possibly into combat, this is an immature and disrespectful thing to do.

I have a whole rant for Royal Family members at attending Sandhurst if anyone wants to hear me spew

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
My black lab could figure this one out. What a moron. Maybe all those drugs and orgies have burned his brain. The next logical step for the average man of england whos taxes went into paying for his little costume, send him to an expensive military college!! And let him become a leader!! What a brilliant idea. Time for some reform maybe? Like let the royal family get jobs and support themselves, then there will be no time to go to fancy parties.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   

....symbol....you know, i can't even think of a tome when i waved to someone like this.......the wave notice her left hand also...i wave like this all the time....not!!! something is happening................

Ummm, that's the "Hook'em 'Horns!!" sign from the University of Texas, not any kind of Satanic symbol. Gotta love websites that don't do one iota of research

[edit on 1/13/2005 by eaglewingz]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
actually, that is incorrect.....the Longhorn's symbol "requires" that the palm face inward, not outward......this was explained elsewhere previously but I can't remember where....I believe it was on ATS and I did not memorize the link provided

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Yeah, she really should know better, having graduated from the University of Texas.

Really sloppy of her to show her secret allegiance to the deciever, though.
Because that is SO much more believable than that it's a badly done victory sign of UT's win in the Rose Bowl.

[edit on 1/13/2005 by eaglewingz]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I'm reminded of Liberty Heights...

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I am interested in knowing what some insiders may have to say about this. It was done intentionally, and he knows what he was doing and the press he would receive. I just think that he had a deeper message to send, though without hearing from one of his close friends, we may not find out the truth. I would just like to know what he is standing for. He may be rebelling against the power his own royalty and family holds against him and his freedom of life and expression.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join