It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK, Prince harry wears swastika to party?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I thought it was pretty funny. i don't think its a big deal, i use to wear that type of thing to school on occasion

i don't think it should be made a issue, until you find out if it was a joke or serious. but if he appoligized how serious could he be?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Oh no that’s not the cheap channel 5 poll is it? I think it’s just convenient, seeing as the Americans just stopped searching for WMD. Which is a much bigger issue, but not now.

Personally i really don’t care. He’s just a young lad having fun. It was a fancy dress party, you can go as whoever you want to, he wanted be a nazi for the night, so what. It was a private party, it wasn’t meant to be public knowledge.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
well, well, well...i think the true colors are staring to show around the world.....like he didn't really think that it wouldn't be offensive....also that symbol was around b4 the nazis... he is another ....symbol....you know, i can't even think of a tome when i waved to someone like this.......the wave notice her left hand also...i wave like this all the time....not!!! something is happening................

Clearmind! Excellent post! The minute I heard about it on the news I cocked my eye and said, oh yeah...misjudgement my a*s. The elite rich - those who control everything helped the Nazis. The Royals are German. There was no mistake here...this was put out there to see who's paying attention. I am.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning
Clearmind! Excellent post! The minute I heard about it on the news I cocked my eye and said, oh yeah...misjudgement my a*s. The elite rich - those who control everything helped the Nazis. The Royals are German. There was no mistake here...this was put out there to see who's paying attention. I am.

omg are you kidding? can you say reading to much into something??? i don't think somebody like harry would even think about something like that.

jesus h. it was just a swastika!!! nobody every hurt anybody by wearing a swastika it was originally asian, but he could have ment it in that aspect

haha but really. i don't think dressing up like hitler means you support the guy. people dress up for halloween as pirates/undead/murders and it dosn't mean they support them or what they do. the kid was just having a laugh, get over it

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Even in Israel they are covering this, its ridiculous, they are saying that Prince Harrys actions are playing down what happened to the Jews in ww2. People are calling for a personal apology. Don’t do it Harry stand your ground, you are a royal after all. Hasn’t this lad been through enough already without this kind of personal attack.

WMD distraction. Not much news on that.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ohgr

omg are you kidding? can you say reading to much into something??? i don't think somebody like harry would even think about something like that.

jesus h. it was just a swastika!!! nobody every hurt anybody by wearing a swastika it was originally asian, but he could have ment it in that aspect

haha but really. i don't think dressing up like hitler means you support the guy. people dress up for halloween as pirates/undead/murders and it dosn't mean they support them or what they do. the kid was just having a laugh, get over it

Judging by your avatar, maybe YOU are Prince Harry. Shame.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Judging by your avatar, maybe YOU are Prince Harry. Shame.

if i'm prince harry than your a nobody...judging by your icon of course

No i assure you i'm not prince harry

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I feel bad for him.

He made a really stupid decision with that costume you know...

But think back to when you were a kid. I'm sure each and every one of us has said and done something REALLY stupid in our teenage years.

The difference is as Asala said he's in the public eye.

On the one hand you think about the life of privelege these people lead, you know... not having to ever work or worry about money without really doing anything for that privelege besides being born into a family. But on the other hand we should keep in mind how annoying certain things are. I for one would not be happy if there were people snapping my picture at every party I went to when I was a teenager, and reporting on every beer I drank, and every time I puked my brains out growing up.

We all make stupid decisions, it's part of growing up. I agree that what he did was moronic with this outfit, but he's a rebellious kid isn't he? We all know some rebellious kids, and some of us have been rebellious kids. He doesn't need newspaper articles to fix his behavior, he needs parenting.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
harry wasn't being stupid...he wanted to get in to the paper's, he wanted to do something controversial again. he doesnt actually want people to think he's a nazi lover like some of the royal family were in the 1930s, he just wants attention. he smoked weed in university...he wanted to be in the limelight for a bit. he punched a photographer...who wouldnt want to do that? he wears a nazi uniform to a FANCYDRESS party...so what??? are we that obsessed with the royals that we care what harry wears to a FANCYDRESS party? look at that word... FANCYDRESS!!! i could paint myself black and go as an egyptian..doesnt mean im racist. i could dress up in a white robe thing and wear a long brown wig to look like jesus...doesnt mean im denouncing or supporting religion. prince harry wore a nazi uniform...it doesnt mean he's becoming a neo nazi...he just wants a bit of attention and to be controversial. if i wore that to a fancy dress no one would really give a s**t.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If you feel sorry for this little royal brat, think again! it's one thing to make a mistake, appologize then do what you can to further fix the controversy.

no, no, no not for this little punk..

Apparantly Prince Harry has ruled out visiting Auschwitz, which Jewish groups had demanded in hopes of making a symbolic gesture of apologizing. I guess you cant bully around royalty.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
...the wealthier they are the more ignorant they get...there is NO excuse to wear a Nazi uniform unless you are a Nazi... and than im surprised with the growing numbers of Neo-Nazis all ove the world... well why not ...even "prince" Harry makes it look like a "funny cool joke"... Is that what he had a so called GREAT education???

Why not bring a oven as a fashion acessory uniform ?
Maybe ill dress up as Bin Laden this Halloween?

There is a cool place for "Prince" Harry to shuv that swastika, and i would like to shuv it to him myself !
DISGUSTING !

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Come on people what are we talking about! He was just at a party were everyone was dressed in a funny way. Does everyone really think that with wearing this outfit we forgot our history, I really don't see the problem. People make jokes all the time about WOII and the jews.

The nerv that Israel had to respond to this, it makes me more angry. Look what they are doing nowadays. As If they are the most wonderfull country in the world, yeh my !

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The thing I don't understand is why the British keep these bozos around. Why don't they just abolish the monarchy...I'd be embarrassed by all their antics if I was British.

TPL

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The thing I don't understand is why the British keep these bozos around. Why don't they just abolish the monarchy...I'd be embarrassed by all their antics if I was British.

I'm British and a supporter of Britain becoming a Repeblic. I'm sick to death of hearing this story, and all the other Royal related stories. I'd rather have an elected ceremonial President (like Germany), than the Royal family.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
What if he had dressed up like Idi Amin?
Would they still be judging him as a "bad boy"?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Funny.... In the USA a Chistian Group is facing 42 years in prison for protesting a gya parade...."prince " Harry prances around with a swastika on his arm, spreading and maintaining racial hate and thats considered a "cool joke" because the spoiled brat is known to be a "prankster"....must i remind people that the nazis kileed thousands of Bristish Soldiers during their attemp of occupation (WWII).... maybe if the people that consider this a joke had a number tatooed on their wrists to remind them that once they lived in condictions lower that catle......... its is really so funny...oh waht an hillarious prank lil Henry came up with.... hmmm... having the genes of Henry VIII on his blood ...im not surpsised.............................

TPL

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Is Harry related to Henry VIII by blood or just through marriages down the ages?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceTman
The Queen as u know is descended from the House of Hanover (forget about 'windsor' ) ..so naturally Harry feels comfortable wearing his ancestory clothes.

are you saying that all germans are nazi's!?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TPL

Originally posted by djohnsto77

I'm British and a supporter of Britain becoming a Repeblic. I'm sick to death of hearing this story, and all the other Royal related stories. I'd rather have an elected ceremonial President (like Germany), than the Royal family.

But shouldn't you be more sick of your tabloids. They are the ones that create this.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TPL
Is Harry related to Henry VIII by blood or just through marriages down the ages?

that i have no idea... but the gene is there ...no wonder the "youngster" thinks Nazi shirts are "fun".... yeah ...i think tatooed numbers on ppls wrist are very funny too.... NOT

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join