It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK, Prince harry wears swastika to party?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   
It was a fancy dress party! Ill advised maybe or maybe he just exercised his right to poke fun at an extreme ideology. Lets ban The Producers shall we for the same reason.

Calling for him to be excluded from joining the army is an overreaction.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I don't think so. He'll pass Sandhurst anyway, though.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
For some reason i thought Harry was the rebel of the royals

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Come on ! There have been worse things done!
This was a joke a laugh, you know ha ha?
Why do people try to over examine things like these?

I mean come on prince andrew stopped at windsor castle for tea with the queen and 2 SBS operatives.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Yes, but he is the exception rather than the rule. He has proven himself in battle and has earned everything he has.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
being an american..............i'm not so clued in on the royals........but it was a bit suprising to see a royal appearing publically with the nazi armband on.

i think it was immature and in very poor taste for him to do that.

only thing i can compare too and its not even close.........would be if one of the bush twins appeared in public masquerading as one of the highjackers that crashed in to the twin towers...........

the american public would be OUTRAGED over it..........familes of the victims would be TICKED OFF..........

i realize this is in NO COMPARISION to what the jews went thru in the hands of the nazis but its the closest i could come to an analogy for this scenario.

angie

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Let's ban all the Hollywood war film blockbusters, Indiana Jones and any other films where a swastika is displayed in case they cause offence.
Is that an over-reaction?
Are the Hollywood bankrollers and production teams of the Jewish faith offended by the swastika in their own movies or does it not matter when moneymaking is involved.

I can't believe there are calls for him not to join the army. It was a freakin fancy dress party, it's not like he's gone out beating up Jews, Gypsies and Homosexuals.
The press, and others, need to get a grip on reality as there are far more other important things going on in the world.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Tasteful stuff from Harry! Two weeks before the 60th anniversary of the liberation of Austwich he turn up at a 'natives and colonials' party dressed as a Nazi desert troop!

Can only hope he becomes king! will make life very interesting....

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Let's ban all the Hollywood war film blockbusters, Indiana Jones and any other films where a swastika is displayed in case they cause offence.
Is that an over-reaction?
Are the Hollywood bankrollers and production teams of the Jewish faith offended by the swastika in their own movies or does it not matter when moneymaking is involved.

I can't believe there are calls for him not to join the army. It was a freakin fancy dress party, it's not like he's gone out beating up Jews, Gypsies and Homosexuals.
The press, and others, need to get a grip on reality as there are far more other important things going on in the world.

Yes, but those people are not expected to be an example to people and inspire the people that would be under their command.

If you were a squaddy in his platoon, your great grandfather had been in one of the camps, how could he even BEGIN to lead you?

The point is, he's emotionaly immature and should NOT be granted entry to what is arguably the premier war college on earth. At least not until he's GROWN UP.

[edit on 13-1-2005 by DeltaNine]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala

This will be VERY big news here in the UK and possible world wide...

[edit on 12-1-2005 by asala]

It is also making the headlines here in the US. I saw it on the Today Show about an hour ago and thought it would make a good story, so I made my post up and submitted it before checking all posts only to find the story had already been posted in other current events.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Typical behavior of the inbreds that are the titular leaders of Britain. This guy is 20 going on 13. But the noble bluebloods of British society will publicly cluck their tongues and sip their tea and secretly admire his behavior in private.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
We in the UK have just had the, mostly, fundy evangelical 'Christian' minority scrape together 40 000 people for a piece of synthetic outrage over the public broadcaster the BBC screening 'Jerry Springer, the Opera' on TV.

(it was utterly synthetic as the protesters admitted they had not watched the program - they couldn't with the protest being 'pre-screening - nor were many of them actaully aware of it's content despite their willingness to publicly protest)

It has been in our press for days and discussed on tv for an equally inordinate amount of time.

Most people couldn't have cared less.

One can only wonder at how quickly this - as per with 'our' royals - typically unthinking and utterly crass stupidity which has caused actual deep offence to many many tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) will disappear from the public gaze.

....and who advises these people ffs?

( and I must also say that to compare this to something like 'The Producers' is just so wide of the mark in terms of importance, meaning, perception it just beggars belief.

I wonder if Bush turned up in a Nazi costume whether anyone would be talking about 'The Producers' or poking fun etc etc.

The very idea is absurd.)

[edit on 13-1-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well to be fair sminkey thats because president Bush actually has a function and purpose in our society whereas your royals, are utterly useless. I mean who cares what the hell the prince does? He has no real power as I understand it. Of course the royal family does idiotic things, I mean how smart can they be when they dont ever have to use thier brains?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
Yes, but he is the exception rather than the rule. He has proven himself in battle and has earned everything he has.

You cant just make up one rule for one person!
If you want to lay down a "law" of acceptable behavior then you should make it include everyone.
IT WAS A JOKE!!!!!!
DO I HAVE TO GET A LOUD SPEAKER FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND???

Hang on I'll just phone the red arrows and get them write it in the sky to make it clear!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well seeings all the European families supported Nazi Germany are you really suprised by this?

to be really honest, i dont see what the big fuss is about. Its not like he has turned around and said "Nazism is cool, i want to be just like Hitler"

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
What's even funnier is that one of his so called rich 'friends' took the picture and sold it to the tabloids...

Prince \/\/4NK3R needs to stop leeching from people in the country who can bairley afford to feed their families and themselves...

Prince William is probably embarressed about having a brother like this... He knew what he was doing..

Does anyone else think that he looks nothing like Prince Charles at all...? Always thought he looked like James Hewitt whom Princess Diane was mean't to have had an affair with...

or...

Hewitt being Princess Diana's Lovers

No wonmder he wants to embaress his so called Heratige whom probably played a part in the murder of a certain publically loved wife of a royal....

Princess Diana killed by Royals

afterall, Princess Diana was happy with Dodi Al Fayed and Charles wanted to be with Camilla from the start...

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
appalling! , what a cheap and ugly camel coloured uniform !!!

Now if he'd showed up in a 1943 cabrio Mercedes, wearing a black ss-general uniform with long leather coat, and a Nordic blond female Helga driver in latex, outlinging the bodystructure of say, Jeri Ryan, now that would be pimp...

Oh, and dont forget the dogleesh and the gasmask if things get really fetish...

[edit on 13-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

( and I must also say that to compare this to something like 'The Producers' is just so wide of the mark in terms of importance, meaning, perception it just beggars belief.

I wonder if Bush turned up in a Nazi costume whether anyone would be talking about 'The Producers' or poking fun etc etc.

The very idea is absurd.)

He is a young man who went to a private fancy dress party and from all appearences was then stitched up by a freind who sent the photo to the press, not a leading political figure turning up in the public domain. It was misguided, certainly mistimed but it's not child murder just a young lad letting his hair down at a fancy dress party (and I could care less that he's royal) who has already apologised and quite frankly that should be the end of the matter but as usual the media will turn it into a witch hunt and make far more of it than needs be.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche
He is a young man who went to a private fancy dress party and from all appearences was then stitched up by a freind who sent the photo to the press, not a leading political figure turning up in the public domain.

- No he isn't.

He is always 3rd in line to the throne now (and he will be 2nd one day) and should be behaving as that at all times.

Sorry and all but that is how this daft monarchy stuff works.

He has caused real and deep offence to many many thousands of people not just in the UK but across the world.....

..... how the hell he escaped being advised of this simply defies belief.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I think the problem here is a lack of education on the matter, Maybe he should go learn a little more about this,

45% people in the UK believe this was just a taste of harmless fun.........

There's a suggestions that he should go to the Holocaust Memorial Day,

Lucky for Harry a few have steped up saying they also believe this was just a silly thing to do.

A spokesman for the Board Of Deputies Of British Jews said: "The board is pleased that he's apologised for the incident.

Rabbi Dr Jonathan Romain, a spokesman for the Reform Synagogues of Great Britain, said the incident should not be blown out of proportion.

I think that if this had been William then this would have been taken a lot more seriously,

Harry has to remember that he is in the public eye, sad but true for a boy to have to grow up in this way, but he was born a Royle and has to be carefully what he does and says,

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join