It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Group Claims Disney, Apple & Others ‘Declared Public War’ On Christianity

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:
(post by IslandOfMisfitToys removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I don't care if someone gets their 'feelings' hurt only tangible damage to a person or property. People get butt-hurt over all kinds of stupid things.

I didn't mention feelings nor did I imply it.
Discrimination goes beyond someone's feelings being harmed,which you are explicitly condoning if not outright supporting one group,(Christians)to freely practice discriminatory behavior on the grounds of religious freedom. But than turn and condemn another religious group for the same acts.

Are you really going to ignore the double standard that you've set for yourself or is that unsettling. All of this hate and discrimination BTW goes against the core teachings of Christ himself,so there's nothing to defend here except the ignorance of people looking for a reason to discriminate.
Just stop.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

I am not a Christian I am a Libertarian.

The only thing I care about is defending a persons right not to be forced by Government to do something against their will. This would apply to anyone no matter how vile their beliefs are as long as they aren't committing a tangible crime against person or property.

ETA: I am NOT defending their hate I am defending their liberty.
edit on 2016/3/31 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Metallicus, wanting to be left alone is fine, as long as you make sure that you ARE alone.

But you are not. You are a part of society. You can pick and choose which one you are a part of, because there are many nations on the planet which might have you, but in every single one there is a society to interact with. Unless you want to go out and live in the woods on pine cones and nuts you stole from squirrels, you are crap out of luck, but that has always been the case. Even out there you have to deal with the bears and the park rangers anyway.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Least we forget

edit on 3/31/2016 by Bramble Iceshimmer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
"I follow the religion of Love"
Rumi

The appellation “war on” is a euphemism for two different views of life fighting each other.

My point is that the gays perceive that there’s a war on them by Christians.

And our gay brothers and sisters are being murdered

So their claim of being warred on is as real as the other side.

The way out of this is of course that we all have a war on our selfish natures. (BTW that is the real meaning of Jihad.)

Christians just have to learn to reinterpret those scriptures they are misinterpreting, Muslims and Jews too of course, imo.

If they take those premodern versus literally then they would advocate slavery, polygamy, stoning children, stoning for fornication and other barbaric practices that the premodern human indulged in and we have outgrown.

When we do that then we can evolve to the true meaning of religion, and that is LOVE!

edit on 31-3-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
It's funny you posted this because I was listening to the radio on the way in to the office this morning and there was an advertisement for persecution.com that caught my attention.

The theme was young people being afraid to state publicly that they believe in Jesus Christ because of the ridicule they would receive. In between testimonies of those that have been persecuted, there were little musical jingles with that same theme.

Seems to me that the Christian persecution complex has become as much a part of the religion as the deities they worship.

There are fears ISIS may be planning to kill all remaining Christians in its Syrian stronghold of Raqqa after the terror group banned members of the faith from leaving the city.
Syrian activists say ISIS has 'issued a new decision' to block any Christian or Armenians from leaving its self-declared capital.
It is understood that about 25 Christian families still live in the city and there are now fresh concerns for their safety.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... y-prompt-fears-safety.html#ixzz44WRzCH4J
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I am not a Christian I am a Libertarian.

I didn't state nor imply that you were.

The only thing I care about is defending a persons right not to be forced by Government to do something against their will. This would apply to anyone no matter how vile their beliefs are as long as they aren't committing a tangible crime against person or property.

That's great and I don't disagree with you on that. As a libertarian though, you should be taking a much more impartial stance on those whom do you use government force to enact political change in regards to their theological beliefs.(or for anything even unrelated)

It's incredibly biased to take one side over the other and claim the use of government force is justified in the name of liberty because you believe that Christians have every right to persecute gays..
This faulty reasoning makes me question if you really are a libertarian.
IF you were, you would have applied consistency to your initial remarks from the start with out mentioning your bias.

I am NOT defending their hate I am defending their liberty.

Your previous posts in this thread alone prove otherwise.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

The Middle East is a bit different. I understand what is going on over there and it is atrocious.

But the advertisement I heard referred to english-speaking, American Christians.

but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.

I don't believe in god.

Jesus, on the other hand...he was a cool guy.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Dude, God gave us commandments.

That bastard Jesus, gave us interpretation.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Aren't these so-called christian groups anti-Catholic? I like how they are able to dump their anti-Catholicism when they need their influence.

link   
I guess if you create a stupid thread, you get stupid questions...

Man up and be responsible for your threads. Please don't just shoot from the hip and duck for cover.

edit on 31-3-2016 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2016 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

link   
October 5, 2015

I don't hate Gays, and I don't know any Christian personally that do, It isn't a topic of conversation.

But I think there may be quite a few that are starting to fight back against the hypocrisy, which is wrong .

Everything is so screwed up.

Harper-Mercer entered an English class at Umpqua Community College and opened fire at those present, killing nine students and their professor, and wounding several others.
www.christianpost.com...
Initial witness accounts indicated that the shooter specifically asked people if they were Christian, fatally shooting them if they answered in the affirmative.

Stacy Boylen, whose daughter was wounded at Umpqua, told CNN that the shooter was "asking people one by one what their religion was."

"'Are you a Christian?' he would ask them, and 'if you're a Christian, stand up.' And they would stand up and he said, 'Good, because you're a Christian, you are going to see God in just about one second.' And then he shot and killed them," continued Boylen.

Read more at www.christianpost.com...[/ex news]

edit on 31-3-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

I hope the blood is never on my hands for spreading hatred towards any group.
edit on 31-3-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Oh BTW, there is no doubt that the mass media has been spreading propaganda since like forever.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Here is one but many have been posted through the years

realize this seems like old news, but the reality is they are still at it.

There are so many different levels you could take this story to, and so many different angles.

www.hollywoodreporter.com...

In devastating detail, an excerpt from a controversial new book reveals how the big studios, desperate to protect German business, let Nazis censor scripts, remove credits from Jews, get movies stopped and even force one MGM executive to divorce his Jewish wife.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

This OP has nothing to do with religion it has to do with liberty.

When the Government FORCES people to comply we are enslaved.

That is my point.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Christianity is not the problem people !

The problem lies with the Organized Religion Corporate Scumbags™ that preach all this divisive hate towards anyone who does not fit nicely into what they've decided is pallatable and righteous.

The religious followers of these authoritarians have been bamboozled into believing every word of this venomous garbage because, unfortunately, they've put their faith and trust in these false leaders of religious teachings.

Some people have opened their eyes to the scam, some still haven't.

There's a reason why Jesus fought against these ridiculously hypocritical organizations... he saw them for what they really were:

Authoritarian scam artists who had the uncanny power to brainwash their followers by way of false doctrine interpretations.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Stop over using the word bigoted. It is starting to come across as redundant against those who use it. Mainly when talking about religious groups. Makes your vocabulary look limited among the spectrum. Also, intolerance against anyone for their beliefs is 'bigoted.' Hypocrisy overwhelms the "progressive" "tolerant" free thinkers. a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
I don't hate Gays, and I don't know any Christian personally that do, It isn't a topic of conversation.

I do. Most weeks I play Magic the Gathering, at the store I previously attended there was a very devout, very anti gay player there. To the point that when he learned another player there was gay he refused to speak to the guy, or ever play a match with him because of the taint of homosexuality. Keep in mind that prior to this he knew the guy for 5+ years and never had an issue with him, even considered him a friend.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheCretinHop
Stop over using the word bigoted. It is starting to come across as redundant against those who use it. Mainly when talking about religious groups. Makes your vocabulary look limited among the spectrum. Also, intolerance against anyone for their beliefs is 'bigoted.' Hypocrisy overwhelms the "progressive" "tolerant" free thinkers. a reply to: Krazysh0t

Lol Conservative correctness.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join