It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Group Claims Disney, Apple & Others ‘Declared Public War’ On Christianity

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Krazyshot is a stand up dude. You have only been here a few months just yet, and you have not had time to learn the subtext. When people like Krazyshot say something which references something that we know to be bogus, they do so often because there is no way to state the premise, without using either inaccurate (Conservative Christianity) or confusing/rarely used terminology (my examples from my previous post). Krazyshot does not buy BS at any exchange rate.

How dare you judge Krazyshot like that! I thought judging people was a bad thing? Or does that only apply when you judge someone harshly? (not that judging someone has anything to do with not wanting to make a cake for a gay wedding btw)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

My point is that the gays perceive that there’s a war on them by Christians.

This is false because like Rumi says (paraphrased and transliterated) gays are not into perceiving conflicts because of their joyous state of mind.

Especially not with Christians. Have you ever been at a Christian party? These guys are not at all hateful.
Again some calling themselves a "government agent" may in fact be a spy, deceiving by calling himself some other well known name like say Christian. Cthulhu followers have a history of secretly worshipping Satan or Lucifer or Gog and posing as devout priests. Even Tolkien knows this.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

(not that judging someone has anything to do with not wanting to make a cake for a gay wedding btw)

clearly cake making should be available to all weddings and I believe it largely is.

I just don't imagine a Christian baker asking about someone's sexual preference before selling pastry.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: blood0fheroes
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Eh Hem... your bias is showing.
Lets not be coy here: This may or may not be a group whose primary political leanings are conservative.

The Texas Values vision is to stand for biblical, Judeo-Christian values...

The certainly are extremely christian, so why not call a spade, a spade?
Is it naive to think that in 2016 we can make efficient arguments without grouping religion and politics together into one giant, ugly, festering mass?
The two ( politics and religion) are plenty ugly in their own rights.

Well since this is about a Christian group getting angry about a political action done by a governor, maybe you should rethink your argument. Politics and religion are already intertwined here.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

The Texas group linked there does profess both Christianity and freedom of religion, and boasts a "pro-life" stance and speaks of "family values".
None of which according to their definition, denotes the "anger" you speak of on their part.
Therefore it is my conclusion that you may be mistaking frauds for Christians, which is unfortunate because all politics depend on being able not to do this, under pains of being divided and thus conquered.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

Well frauds they may be, and again I'm not disputing this fact, but they'd certainly take offense to you calling them that; and in the eyes of the law they aren't frauds.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

That rather depends on whether you are talking about the law of man, or the word of Christ, which is akin to law, save that it is of far greater import for a believer. They defy the word of Christ in their hearts. That is a grave misdeed, because they do it despite having been told the truth, having read it for themselves. They know their only duty to their fellow human being is to love them, yet all they spew is venom.

The law of man is not fit to measure them by, since their largest transgressions are against the word of the deity they profess to worship.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Well frauds they may be, and again I'm not disputing this fact, but they'd certainly take offense to you calling them that; and in the eyes of the law they aren't frauds.

Yes, thank you for reminding me this is common ground.
Their own laws which they write and conserve do not condemn this behaviour, yet it is false testimony.
Something Christians know.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

If you find it necessary to ask that question, then one can only assume that you are being deliberately obtuse. Finding goodness in the hearts of others and respecting it is not a sin. Refusing to comply with the instructions of Christ, by discriminating against people and judging them with wrath IS a sin. The difference should be clear. If it is not, perhaps you need the scales taken from without your eyes.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Furthermore, using the name of god in vain is also known to Christians to be a mistake, and by "in vain" the most specific fraction is "with intent to dupe" in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I'm talking about the law of man here. Because it is the law of man that we all have to deal with and if it makes a decision it's not just them that reap the consequences. We all do. As far as the law is concerned, calling them frauds is an ad hominem.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
No Christian should support or benefit the Talmud Jew... All perversions of your society are branches from the root of this Tree.

I's Babylon in America.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
We know the left can't read the second, or the 9th and 10th amenmdents or the ones on between.

But we do know the left can read the 14th since it 'gives' LGBTS the 'same' rights as anyone else.

Have you read them?
Have you understood them?

Look, I know you're a flag-waving, gun-totin', constitution-waving (when it suits you) Conservative Republican, but you've really become little more than a troll on ATS.

I bid you adéu, continue on your right-wing ranting way and let the rest of us sane people debate things properly

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

As far as the law is concerned, calling them frauds is an ad hominem.

No because ad hominem implies a proper name, and if a law is stupid by previously recognized standards, such as unconstitutional laws, the law is flawed and not its messenger necessarily, who ever they lay be and were not names, thence no ad hominem has been made.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Well let me get a bus and only allow black people in the back of it... Seriously?!?!

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Free association should apply to anyone wherever they are. Regardless of public standing, it is the very essence of freedom.

It's clear that most Christian-hating posters on this forum think that services, which must be rendered by another, are rights, indebting into servitude the servicer.

This is a falsehood, as nothing which must be rendered unto another can ever be a right without force.

It's laughable, most of your views on freedom.

-a non-Christian
edit on 2-4-2016 by Tempter because: Clarification

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Does anyone care what Dan Gainor of the Media Research Center thinks? This isn't exactly someone of respect or relevance.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I guess I'll have to keep bringing this up: either hating gays or being against gay rights is much more of a conservative value than a Christian concept. That is why if you go to Russia, conservatives are very much against gay marriage, yet are not Christians. Over in Russia they were ahead of the times on worshiping their government as the provider of all their needs instead of God.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Having fun people?

My wife works for disney, I've been to 3 parks.

I just don't see how they have anything to do with having a war on gays.

Her boss is gay as with most of the entertainers. wtf?!

Wasn't steve jobs a jew?

But keep going on the Christian bashing. It's pathetic and ignorant but whatever blows up your skirts.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: 200Plus

Jesus says to love your neighbor, plus he never specifically speaks on the matter. Though he did specifically mention to follow the ten commandments.
I've been reading your posts for a long time now. It's pretty evident that you are pretty confused and/or largely uneducated about the faith. Either that or poorly educated.

Yes, love your neighbors. Yes, I love gay people as I love anyone else. No, I will not condone homosexuality because Jesus did address it even if it was indirectly. He reaffirmed what marriage is under God's will, and it is between a man and a woman. He also incidentally reaffirmed that multiple wives and concubines are sinful... Which gives us a broader perspective on God's relationship with is considering certain figures in the OT and cements their sinfulness as well.

I will not condemn a man for being gay, but I will never recognize his marriage with another man. I'll buy him lunch, bake him a birthday cake, and drive 200 miles to "rescue" him if he's stranded in a strange place, but I won't attend his gay wedding or bake him a wedding cake.

I love my wife as I love myself, but I won't buy her any meth (not that she wants meth).

The funny thing is corporations putting the pressure on politicians. They threaten to boycott. That's fine and dandy because it's their right, but suddenly the left is all cool with corporations being "persons" with individual rights. What happened to that? People only get upset about corporate personhood when it doesn't agree with their point of view?

In terms of war against Christians... Maybe that's strong language. Sure, it's sort of a moral war, but not anything different than the world has always known. Nothing new. They're just being a bit dramatic.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join