It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Gospel, one Kingdom.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Willingly

I don't have a "religious leader" and I thank Joe Pesci for that.

Oh, really?? You just told me to 'shut up' if I speak ill towards Jesus Christ. I assume you're a Christian. You're saying Jesus isn't a religious leader for you?

Alrighty then. Carry on.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: newnature1

You neglected to answer my first question! Please do...

I'm not sure I follow the reasoning in your reply. Blood atones for sin, which is the whole reason for the blood sacrifice of Yeshua, as the Lamb of God.

Christians attribute what Yeshua did, to their deity, Jesus, who did nothing. This is also the reason that the whole thrust of the Bible itself is to Israel - not to Christians. This is why the Covenants God has made are all with Israel. This is why Yeshua was sent 'only to Israel'.

Thus it is Israel who received forgiveness of sins, through the atoning Blood of Yeshua. Without Yeshua, you are aliens to the Commonwealth of Israel, strangers to the covenants of promise, being in the world, and without God. (Ephesians 2:12)

edit on 26/3/2016 by Maigret because: Proofing

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: newnature1

I suspect you are mixing up the Tribulation with the Day of Wrath. The Tribulation lasts for three and a half years, at the end of which time, God will vent His Wrath on the world and this only takes one day.

The Elect/Saints of God will have mostly been killed off by the Abomination of Desolation / Antichrist during the Tribulation and it is only AFTER the Tribulation (Matthew 24:29) that the angels of Yeshua will gather his followers - with the great sound of a trumpet. Isaiah 27:12 specifically states that it will be the children of Israel who will be raised up one by one at the great trumpet. Going by the description of events, I suspect this is the 7th and last Trumpet of Revelation.

The gospel of the Tribulation heralds the end of the age (telos), but the Day of Wrath is what finalises it (sunteleia); with Armageddon in between.

As to the seven letters you refer to, these are each about the seven churches in Asia - Turkey to be specific, going by the names. Christian theology has these as the seven successive ages of the Christian Church, but I have a more literal understanding.

If Christian theology is correct, that Jesus is Lord and Christians will be raptured to safety, then what is it that they have to overcome? What race do they have to run? What do they have to endure? For what do they need patience? Can you see why this Christian theology doesn't make any sense?

The Tribulation will be global! And include the references to 'running the race', 'enduring', 'patience', etc. The Day of Wrath will be global!

The seven letters about 'overcoming' are addressed to the people of the seven specific churches in Turkey; those in the flesh, which those days of the Tribulation were shortened for, will be hidden in safety by God, and so they will survive the Wrath, continue on to populate the radically-changed earth for the thousand year reign of the Messiah; until Satan is loosened from his chains and let out of the Abyss to attempt to deceive people again.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maigret
a reply to: Joecanada11

Ahah! A man of sense! And reason.

It is Christian theology that makes God appear like this. Our Creator has His plan and it's going well. The Bible does not make sense when read only with intelligence, it requires the Holy Spirit to make sense of it.

God only kills those who have become useless for the purpose for which they were created. Much like perished rubber that is only good for the rubbish dump. He sacrificed His Son to atone for the sins of the those that He could use / save.

He got Lot and his family out of there to save them, while He destroyed the city they'd come from. He told them not to look back, but of course Lot's wife did, so she suffered the consequences of her disobedience. This is why it is so important to be obedient to God! He tell us to do things in a certain way that is purely for our own benefit! Not His - His instructions are not merely for His own satisfaction.

The Son could feed thousands, simply by the power of God. The reason others haven't been able to do so since, is because they do not have the power/Spirit of God in them - although they are told they do. Think of it, since the sacrifice of the Son, there has been silence from God. This is because He has been waiting patiently for His crop to ripen, along with the weeds in amongst them.

The crop is ready and soon you will see the Power of God operating in the lives of ordinary people, because God does exist!!

If we haven't seen any evidence of The harvest yet it is highly doubtful. Yawweh started out as a tribal war God for the early tribes. No magical powers just superstition. Add more myths and there you go. Oh and come on. God is going to sacrifice one person for the sins of all mankind? Get real. God created us wrong. God made some big mistakes. He even repented in the bible. I'm so tired of Christians who are awaiting Armageddon. Get real. Open your eyes. This is it !!! So let's treat each other better instead of waiting for the "second coming" which will never come.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

It is Christian theology that makes God appear like this. Our Creator has His plan and it's going well. The Bible does not make sense when read only with intelligence, it requires the Holy Spirit to make sense of it.

God only kills those who have become useless for the purpose for which they were created. Much like perished rubber that is only good for the rubbish dump. He sacrificed His Son to atone for the sins of the those that He could use / save.

He got Lot and his family out of there to save them, while He destroyed the city they'd come from. He told them not to look back, but of course Lot's wife did, so she suffered the consequences of her disobedience. This is why it is so important to be obedient to God! He tell us to do things in a certain way that is purely for our own benefit! Not His - His instructions are not merely for His own satisfaction.

The Son could feed thousands, simply by the power of God. The reason others haven't been able to do so since, is because they do not have the power/Spirit of God in them - although they are told they do. Think of it, since the sacrifice of the Son, there has been silence from God. This is because He has been waiting patiently for His crop to ripen, along with the weeds in amongst them.

The crop is ready and soon you will see the Power of God operating in the lives of ordinary people, because God does exist!!

If we haven't seen any evidence of The harvest yet it is highly doubtful. Yawweh started out as a tribal war God for the early tribes. No magical powers just superstition. Add more myths and there you go. Oh and come on. God is going to sacrifice one person for the sins of all mankind? Get real. God created us wrong. God made some big mistakes. He even repented in the bible. I'm so tired of Christians who are awaiting Armageddon. Get real. Open your eyes. This is it !!! So let's treat each other better instead of waiting for the "second coming" which will never come.

By the way are you a woman? Because if so don't forget that your good book says in 1 Timothy chapter 2 that women are to be in submission and are not to teach. That's the word of god.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

The fish thing, that was mountain moving faith but that program got up on hold. This is the age of grace, we walk by faith, not by sight.

I corrected this. I took out something that makes no since, some kind of superiority teaching that seems to be added to Hebrews?

Hebrews 1:1-3:15;
From of old, Yahweh spoke to the Israelites fathers by the prophets in every manner, and in all ways; but in these later days, Yahweh has conversed with us, by his son; whom Yahweh has constituted heir of all things, and when Yeshua made a purgation of sins, then Yeshua sat down on the right hand of Yahweh. Wherefore, my brethren, who are called with a calling that is from heaven, consider this high priest of our profession, Yeshua the Messiah; because Yahweh has said, “O, if you would but heed my charge this day; do not be stubborn as at Meribah, in the wilderness, when your fathers put me to the test, tried me, though they had seen my deeds. Forty years I was provoked by that generation; I thought, they are a senseless people; they would not know my ways. Concerning them, I swore in anger, they shall never come to my resting-place!” Beware, therefore, my brethren, lest there be in any of us an evil heart that believes not, and we depart from the living Yahweh; but we need to examine ourselves all the days, during the day which is called today; and let none of us be hardened, through the deceitfulness of sin; for we have part with the Messiah, if we persevere in this firm confidence, from the beginning to the end; as it was said, “O, if you would but heed my charge this day.” Do not harden your hearts to anger Yahweh.

Hebrews 1:4-2:18; 3:2-6 is what was left out?

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I have read 15 different Bible versions 22 times in the last 20 years.

Only One stands out as God's promised preserved Word.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

she is not to teach in the church assembly. They are allowed to teach Sunday and regular school, children and women.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Oh, really?? You just told me to 'shut up' if I speak ill towards Jesus Christ. I assume you're a Christian.

No, I'm not a christian, but I respect Jesus Christ's teachings. Some of them I follow in my own life, others I think are out-dated and therefore are invalid for this time and age. "Love your enemies", for example. I don't think that is valid anymore. If it ever was. I think what that means is: Don't have enemies, if you can avoid it but at the same time stick to your truth and be yourself. And if one considers you an enemy for that, forgive them, unless they try or do physically harm you (personally! Not nationally!) first.

You're saying Jesus isn't a religious leader for you?

Exactely that is what I'm saying. Is a teacher neccessarily also a leader? Of course not. Some are and some aren't. In my perception Jesus did not wanted to be a leader but a friend and companion, who was trying to establish a community of equals.

Leadership in the realm of religion and spirituality is like being a leader in a sand-box in kindergarten. There is no leader in a sand-box in kindergarten. Only some kid that maybe makes better sand-cookes than others. That's all. Does that make that kid a leader? No.

Alrighty then. Carry on.

Good on yah too.

Inshallah...

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

she is not to teach in the church assembly. They are allowed to teach Sunday and regular school, children and women.

That teaching in and of itself is proof that the Bible is not divinely inspired but merely a tool for suppression. To believe that God created men and women with inequality is ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Also why would God care weather or not a man covers his head and command that women must cover there heads? Does that seen like divinely inspired scripture to you? All the prophecies that are supposedly filled are quite vague and could be interpreted many ways. Why not give a real prophecy such as "men will build airplanes 2,000 years from now"? Surely an all knowing God could have done this. Not too mention your scripture of the preserved word only occurs one time in the bible by a man named David who had an affair and then killed her husband.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

you better read the end of it all, he says, there is no custom in the churches.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

you better read the end of it all, he says, there is no custom in the churches.

Which book is that in? Why no more customs in the Church? Did God change. The same one who says he never changes.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
you are quoting it and yet you ask me where it is at. Tells me you may just be parroting something someone else says.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Joecanada11 says

Also why would God care weather or not a man covers his head and command that women must cover there heads? Does that seen like divinely inspired scripture to you? All the prophecies that are supposedly filled are quite vague and could be interpreted many ways. Why not give a real prophecy such as "men will build airplanes 2,000 years from now"? Surely an all knowing God could have done this. Not too mention your scripture of the preserved word only occurs one time in the bible by a man named David who had an affair and then killed her husband.
This question laced with others opinions is only stated to cause contention.

I replied that he should read it a little further for in the church they have no custom.

Then after first mentioning it Joecanada asks where it is.

Which is odd to me because he is the one who brought it up, so I am left with a conclusion, Joe does not know where this contentious hair cutting point is in the Bible, as he wants us to believe, and he is parroting someone else's teaching when he ask why should God care about a man covering his head and a women uncover hers and visa versa. Surely he gave the impression he knew what he was talking about and where that scripture was and yet he did not.

So here it is and look closely at the last verse. It seems some men were contentious and causing division in the church about women speaking prophecy and praying in the church. They were probably Jews who did not allow women into the main sanctuary in Jerusalem and would not allow them into the synagogue without a covering and had to remain quiet while they were in the assembly. So Paul repeats the whole thing about men and women and what is shame and no shame but in the end concludes that in the church(the assembly not a building) they had no such custom.

1Cor 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.
3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
8 For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man.
9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.
12 For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.
13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?
14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

Then as to add more contention to the thread Joe says

Which book is that in? Why no more customs in the Church? Did God change. The same one who says he never changes.
Nothing changed in God or the Bible.

As far as customs go they change from region to region and era to era. Obsessing with Bible verses that are clear as if there is a problem of Misogyny and Inequality, Joe is just stirring an empty pot hoping to cause contention between posters rather than seriously looking for the answers in the scriptures.

edit on 28-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

God has changed quite a bit. He was very worried about circumcision and then changed his opinion on that. He used to take great pride in helping his chosen ones slay hundreds of thousands of people and then decided not to show himself anymore. He used to be able to ' be confined in a box (this one is laughable) and now he isn't. Plenty of change.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Maigret

Even if you are Israel, John 6:24 speaks of them in the great tribulation and after, God does not audibly speak today because Scripture is complete. And they wont need anyone teach them because the word will be placed in their hearts, right now Israel does not have that as a whole, so I doubt t is happening in part to you alone or a even a few of you. Check it all by the preserved word of God.

I have been baptised into Christ, I have the holy Ghost as a seal of my Redemption, he has given me to be a Pastor/Teacher, I am also a preacher of the gospel of the Grace of God, I learn from the holy Ghost and he compares spiritual things to spiritual in this dispensation. And in that style we learn that JESUS is the Name of Christ the son of the Highest, Ruler of Jacob forever.

Anyone who kills anyone in the name of Jesus in this dispensation is lost as a donkey in the wilderness.

So once again Scripture over rules your "Experience" but remember even Satan can transform himself into an angel of Light. And he can speak to people to so check it all by the preserved word of god.

God promised to preserve his word in Psalm 12:6, 7 if he hasn't done so to this generation and forever as promised then he is not a god at all, and certainly not worth following. However, if he has then his word is far more important and he has said it is for he magnified it above his name.

Psalm 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
so God's word is very important especially when it comes to anyone teaching we must compare it and search it out to see if those things are so.

And Yours are lacking support from the word of God. If I have to decide between your word and God's Sorry you lose. I will stick to God's preserved word over yours any day of the week, especially today.

Israel doesn't have the word as a whole, and it's going to be PLACED in their hearts? In other words forced upon them, according to you. You are talking serious nonsense about 1000 year tribulations and people being forced to accept what you call the word.

You are not even close to having the Holy Spirit if this is what you believe. Do you ever listen to yourself? You have some seriousissues with sscripture, you are preaching oppression and enforcement of your beliefs by God just to Israel. Why Israel, why not India? They don't worship your god.

What about Buddhists? Zoroastrianis? Gnostics? Hasidim? You seem to know everything about the future where are the Messianic Jews going?

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Did you study under David Koresh? You can not seriously be calling all the religions you mentioned unbelievers, they just don't believe what you believe. That doesn't mean that God shares your tendency towards discrimination and is so mad that he is going to force the Jews to accept Christ. Funny how Buddhists are immune from this divine "placed in their hearts" decree you are so obviously intoxicated by. Just the Jews, and the Christians get magically wisked off to heaven.

Interpretations like this have made Christianity a laughing stock among the world religions because it is a ridiculous thing to believe and makes your so called god look like an idiot. Yahweh is the god of idiocy.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

People that have such fantasies about the Jewish people being forced to accept Jesus, no matter how you word it, is both anti-Semitic and a fascist pseudo-Christianity that God didn't choose you to teach. No church or organization would hire someone with an obvious stiffy for the Apocalypse that hasn't happened yet in 2000 years since Christ and isn't ever going to happen and only someone who is psychotic or delusional (in a cult maybe) would even focus on that part of the Bible when more relevant things are discussed like the FACT that there is no longer a distinction between Jew and Gentile (which actually says GREEK, are you Greek?) and if you are Greek it still means that there are no more chosen ones, no more of that racist distinction.

Yet that is your favorite topic, anti-Semitism. Forced beliefs. Disgusting. You are not a Bible teacher because the Holy Spirit is not in you. You are not of God, but of your father, the father of lies. There is no truth in your words just what you know best, lies in the name of God.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Seriously? You're going to determine the value of information based merely on genitalia?

Galatians 3:28 'There is not Yehuḏite nor Greek, there is not slave nor free, there is not male and female, for you are all one in Messiah יהושע'.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join