It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Gospel, one Kingdom.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Heresiarch You are interpreting with a pre-textual Idea he is, but context shows he is not only that he is calling them witnesses to his speaking truth. There is a difference, a swearing a oath or a vow must be followed through under the law of Moses. He is not invoking that and that is what Jesus Was talking about as well.

Mt 5:34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:
35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.
37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

Lev 5:4 Or if a soul swear, pronouncing with his lips to do evil, or to do good, whatsoever it be that a man shall pronounce with an oath, and it be hid from him; when he knoweth of it, then he shall be guilty in one of these.
Num 30:2 If a man vow a vow unto the LORD, or swear an oath to bind his soul with a bond; he shall not break his word, he shall do according to all that proceedeth out of his mouth.
Funny you never try and invoke Peter who did wear with an oath and denied Christ and his teaching about not swearing.

It is even more funny that you never mention about what happened to Paul when he did swear a vow and he went out of his way to keep it, even when he was warned by the Holy Ghost not to go to Jerusalem to keep his vow. He went against God's warning and he never got the answered prayer to have a prosperous journey to Rome. And because of his vow he never went any further than Rome.

Go back a read the Bible a few dozen more times without watching Youtube videos from hereticks and blasphemers and maybe you might come away with true salvation.

Mt 22:29 . . . . Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

edit on 30-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
oops

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I am not doing anything like that but just for saying that here you go:

Galatians 1:20

"...In what I am writing you, BEFORE GOD, I do not lie!"

Now I don't want to hear that saying "" before God, I do not lie!" is not taking an oath before God because it is.

One more time:

"BEFORE GOD, I do not lie"

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Paul literally swore before God.

Jesus said anyone who doesn't let their "Yes be yes" and "your no mean no"

"is of the evil one."

Paul definitely doesn't ever let his yes be yes. He is constantly, as you have proven, invoking and prefacing his lies with assurances "before God" that he isn't lying.

He is obviously responding to accusations of untruthfulness.

And by swearing "before God" he shows he is "of the evil one."

I am sorry I know the Bible too good to be deceived by false prophets and his disciples like you.

I am sorry you can't learn the truth because you're using a bad translation that is not in a used language.

Try the NRSV.

Because you just offered a ridiculous apology for Paul who clearly does that which the Savior said is "of the evil one"

Any fool can see that Yeshua said anyone who takes oaths (claims truthfulness) by using the name of God is evil.

And that Paul stakes his truthfulness (takes an oath) on God's name several times.

I don't know how anyone could be so blind.

edit on 30-3-2016 by Heresiarch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Heresiarch

yeah that is a before god as my witness, the statement not an oath.

An oath is a vow or promise to do something like when he vowed to go to Jerusalem.

Jesus said do what you say your going to do no need to make vows just do or don't do it anything beyond that evil.

You are just making things more complicated than they are and confusing two totally different things as the same. Remember things that are different are not the same.

God is not the author of confusion, Satan is.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Heresiarch

If you are not doing that where did you get the idea Paul swore an oath to God?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

originally posted by: Heresiarch

If you are not doing that where did you get the idea Paul swore an oath to God?

Are you blind! He said "before God, I do not lie."

Galatians 1:20

You need to look up the definition of oath. Paul not only made oaths " before God" the " I am not lying."

But he also repeatedly violates Yeshua's command of let your yes be yes by invoking God and sometimes Jesus himself.

That is how we know he is of the evil one.

You are denying an obvious fact for your beliefs. James and the Apostles knew Saul was teaching false teachings and whoever wrote James is clearly refuting Saul.

I know you will never admit it but you know he is a fraud.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

they are not the same thing, that is what you fail to see.

Palm in face Moment here.

You are just another anti-Paul anti-majority of the NT Parroting what some youtuber or heretick says.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Thr Johns Chester:

You are seriously trying to excuse an obvious oath by ancient and modern standards. An oath is any statement of honesty taken in front of God or man. It can be any statement if you are agreeing to something on record, in front of your friends or in court or to join an organization.

Jesus doesn't only specifically say oaths. He makes a blanket statement about not going any further than yes or no when answering someone.

Paul violated that numerous ways. Oaths and otherwise.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

My birth name is Chester John if you can't get it right then don't even say it.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

No you are seriously making to opposing things the same when they are not. Jesus spoke of men making religious promises to God swearing by heaven or earth to do this or that. Jesus said just do it (yes) or don't (no)

Paul is speaking about God, Christ and the Holy Ghost as his witness he speaks the truth.

things that are different are not the same.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Paul had no authority to call himself "apostle" and never met Jesus. The Apostles never recognized Saul as a fellow Apostle and he lied blatantly by saying they" extended the hand of fellowship" when that is not at all what happened. He goes on to say they "added nothing to him" and creates a schism and crowns himself apostle to the Greeks.

Yeshua appears in a vision to John. He closes out by saying in no uncertain terms that there are only 12 apostles.

13 is a dreadful number, and there are ONLY 12 Apostles'

Saul is not one.

Saul is obviously a liar and you have been following a false prophet even though:

Yeshua said don't believe anyone who says they saw him in the wilderness (the desert) or in the secret chambers (in secret, again, the desert) for false prophets and false messiahs will come and decieve if possible, even the ELect.

You believed literally the first false prophet and have even made him your messiah over Jesus.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

sorry but you still dont understand that everything changed when they stoned Stephen. And a New era came into effect called by men the church age, I call it the age of the gospel of the grace of God.

Paul is not what you have been taught. Jesus nor Paul was ever my messiah. Jesus is my Saviour and Paul was the messenger of the gospel of the grace of God. Just as John the baptist was the messenger of the gospel of the kingdom that Jesus continued to preach after his death. For salvation cometh by the Jew.

So here I let you go with your false teaching and shake the dust from my feet with you, Jonbet.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

sorry but you still dont understand that everything changed when they stoned Stephen. And a New era came into effect called by men the church age, I call it the age of the gospel of the grace of God.

Paul is not what you have been taught. Jesus nor Paul was ever my messiah. Jesus is my Saviour and Paul was the messenger of the gospel of the grace of God. Just as John the baptist was the messenger of the gospel of the kingdom that Jesus continued to preach after his death. For salvation cometh by the Jew.

So here I let you go with your false teaching and shake the dust from my feet with you, Jonbet.

First, Paul was responsible for the stoning os Stephen.

That also hasn't changed anything and that is a terrible excuse.

Just saying that I don't understand, doesn't mean that I don't, I do. It's debatable if you understand even what understand means.

Which brings us back to the fact that you don't understand:

"Make disciples of ALL nations."

Isnt revoked because Paul had Stephen murdered.

But Paul still violates the holy proverbof Yeshua

"Let your yes be yes, and no mean no."

You can't understand. You don't want to.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

If Jesus isn't your Messiah/Christ then you will be one of the ones that he says

"Get away, I never knew ye."

More or less.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join