It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Gospel, one Kingdom.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I am making this thread in order to address a fallacy stated by someone that the Jews have a different Gospel and Jesus message of the Kingdom was only for the Jews.

That is a vile lie in the name of Christ and I have no choice but to address it in the most public fashion so that hopefully this person will recognize how erroneous and inheritantly racially bias this line of thinking is.

It is dangerous to think that our Lord and Saviour was only here to preach to the Jews. It is also wrong, and in no way is Jesus statement about the lost sheep of Israel designed to instill belief that Jesus was only here to save Israel.

I will disprove this fallacy with scripture. First Jesus, then Paul

John 10:16

I have other sheep that do not belong to this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be ONE flock, ONE shepherd. ..."

Romans 10:11-13

The scripture says, " No one who believes in him will be put to shame." For there is no distinction between Jew and Gentile; the same Lord is Lord of all and is generous to ALL who call on him. For, " Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."

As I type this there is an infomercial on selling miracle water in the name of Christ. I can't help but think that this person must have gotten this deranged interpretation of the message of Christ from some like kind of snake oil salesmen.

Hopefully said person will recognize the error in believing in such a devilish doctrine that scripture doesn't support, in fact refutes entirely.

We should pray that people recognize that our Lord makes no distinction between Jew and Gentile. Jesus is not racially bias.

Amen.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
It's pretty sad the hate speech on this site
You deserve more than a star

I agree

Thanks

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I am happy we agree. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonbet

Through Abraham (father of the Semitic tribes), all nations will be blessed.

Genesis 12: 2-3, Genesis 18: 18, Genesis 22: 18

Old and New Testaments are in agreement.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

You are correct except that it is Shem who is father and namesake of the Semites, Abraham is a Patriarch though and possibly the most influential figure in BC religions.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I guess it would be appropriate to explain the reason that Jesus didn't want his Apostles and disciples to preach outside of Israel. It is because he knew that they would get murdered if they did and the time for martyrdom was not yet at hand.

Also, the lost sheep of Israel could mean anyone. We literally have no idea who the ten lost tribes were at this point in time and anybody could be an Israelite today and not know it. Ten tribes is a LOT of people. We know that Assyria was one place they were but that is about it.
edit on 24-3-2016 by Jonbet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonbet

You are correct except that it is Shem who is father and namesake of the Semites, Abraham is a Patriarch though and possibly the most influential figure in BC religions.

Indeed, Shem is the father of the Semites but the specific promises in Genesis that I listed were given to Abraham & his line.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I figured as much, I'm just being a stickler. I didn't think that the etymology of Shem to Semite was something you weren't aware of.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I am making this thread in order to address a fallacy stated by someone that the Jews have a different Gospel

That is a vile lie in the name..

I agree.

Judaism and Christianity refers to the same evil tyrannical god. Christians invoke that same terrible god by including OT in their Bible.

It is also wrong, and in no way is Jesus statement about the lost sheep of Israel designed to instill belief that Jesus was only here to save Israel.

No. According to scripture he had other purposes. Like telling people they shouldn't love their wife and their children more than they love Jesus. That's atrocious. If you want to talk about vileness you need not look further than the New Testament.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

I don't know what to make of your comment. Jesus had a pretty good message, although I always thought my family needed to be loved and God would not be concerned about it if I put them first.

My message here is one of Christian fallacy in the teaching that Jesus only came to save the lost sheep of Israel. It is cloaked racism and whether you're a person of faith or not it should repulse you.

I actually have a belief system that is not exactly fundamentally Christian but I don't want to get into my specific beliefs.

I just think any person who makes a distinction between Jew and Gentile in that they have different rules within the same religion because of their nationality, is morally bankrupt and borderline psychopathic.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Jesus had a pretty good message

I would argue that. I would do so with scripture. Do you wish me to? I will.

It is cloaked racism and whether you're a person of faith or not it should repulse you.

Racism repulses me. I'm happy we agree on that front. It's unfortunate scripture disagrees with us.

I actually have a belief system that is not exactly fundamentally Christian but I don't want to get into my specific beliefs.

I wish you would. I'm very open about my beliefs. Why are you not? Tough questions.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I am making this thread in order to address a fallacy stated by someone that the Jews have a different Gospel and Jesus message of the Kingdom was only for the Jews.

Just going by what you have presented, but it sounds to me like a misunderstanding on both your parts. Judaism and Christianity are two different religions. (We won't go into how Judaism views Christianity. It gets kinda nasty.) It sounds to me like that's all this person was saying. That this person used the word gospel in their statement, is just a mistake on their part.

As to Jesus message being only for the Jews, is of course an error, but unless this person said something you aren't telling, I think you are over-reacting to someone elses ignorance of your religion.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

No, you misunderstood because you assume. This person is saying Jewish CHRISTIANS have different rules and a different Gospel than Gentile Christians.

Like Baptism of the Spirit only applies to Jews, to be more specific

You should have deduced that from the fact that I used the word Gospel.

Does the Old Testament have Gospels?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Hey alephbet, nice to see you've changed your name and returned again. I look forward to calling out your BS on a regular basis again. No one is more fluent in fantasy than you are.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Fire away, I am not sensitive.

My specific beliefs could be described as Gnostic. But I can separate myself from my beliefs and argue from another perspective being that I am familiar with the Bible and I like Jesus.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Yeah you definitely got the wrong guy stop stalking.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

But by all means if you see any bs on my part call me out. I don't do bs so it is not likely.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Stalking? Thats my first post to your new identity.

Are you saying you are not the user formerly known as alephbet?
edit on 24-3-2016 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Well you are obviously stalking this alphabet person and this is my first account so yeah, your dead wrong.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

You must have a miserable existence if you stalk people on the internet I personally couldn't care less about what anybody does on the internet.

I guess I am just not a loser.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join