It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy in a tree in Seattle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Not much known yet, other than the police saying he's suffering from a crisis. He's been throwing branches, pinecones, and even an apple at officials below. One has to wonder where he got the apple.

The Seattle Police Department reports that it is continually negotiating with the man, but officers have not been successful in removing him from the tree. The man threw an apple at medics who attempted to respond to the incident. He also has begun ripping branches off the tree around him and tossing them to the ground. The man has also reportedly tossed pine cones.

Story source

live feed link

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

That does it, the origin of species is clearly other species now

Throwing pine cones at officials from a tree

Gotta love that dude

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Well, that's certainly an interesting character...

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Sounds like someone can't handle their mushrooms.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The thing that makes me grieve for what our human race has become is the fact that there is an actual live feed of this.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

It's the local news station streaming the feed. Must be a REALLY slow news day.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

The guy is in a tree. He's throwing pinecones not dirty bombs. Do they really need a crisis level response to this? Leave him alone and he'll come down eventually, fast way or slow way.

I'm relieved to know the DOT will be inspecting the tree to assess its health after the encounter though. If not for that I'd be up all night worrying.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

The guy is in a tree. He's throwing pinecones not dirty bombs. Do they really need a crisis level response to this? Leave him alone and he'll come down eventually, fast way or slow way.

My initial thought was set up those giant airbags at the base of the tree and leave him be. He'll come down eventually. Hell, he probably would have already if he didn't become a news story.

edit on 23-3-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
occupy gall street?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

With the seemed propensity to shoot first I am surprise he wasn't shot before all the news feed got there... No take that back...what a great opportunity to show the "kind and caring" of the state for its' citizens.... no matter how much they are up a tree.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I will take slow news days like this over the busy one Brussels just had.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Ah, Seattle for ya. "Suffering from a crisis"? Maybe he was bored playing huggy-"free hugs"- bear at Pike Place Market(have met quite a few of those). Maybe he thinks he's stopping Paul Bunyan?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Damn, that is a big tree for its location!

I wonder what lead this man to clamber up there in the first place? They say he is in crisis, but that is like saying that a fellow running around in a tutu with his underpants stretched over his face, may be suffering from an abandonment of reason. Yes, this much is clearly true, but it really fails to get to the meat and potatoes of the specifics of the situation!

Whatever the case, I hope that the gentleman makes it down from the lofty perch he has secured for himself and that the situation which lead him to ascend to such heights improves, such that he does not feel the need to scurry skyward once more. I also hope that the tree copes with the situation without undue harm coming to it. Trees of that breed are beautiful things, and what beauty remains in this world ought to be cherished.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
He is trying to catch squirrels... you know, Climb a tree and act like a nut...

Seriously though, leave the guy alone. If he falls, it's his fault for climbing the tree, if he climbs down then ta-da he's down. There is no point in trying to force him out if he is just going to throw stuff. Leave him alone and like most cats can and will come down out of the tree.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
hes been up this 80 foot tree for 24 hours now, wonder if theres a Guinness record for being in a tree...

its a wonder he hasnt fallen to his death yet.

been watching the live stream, hes just been laying back napping at the top of the tree, occasionally with his feet above his head, cant believe he is balancing this, he must be exhausted by now.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I was watching a feed from a Seattle news site earlier. Looks like he taking a nap from what they were showing. Oh and a reporter said "nature called and it didn't leave a voicemail". Eewwee. Gross!!!
Looks like they've taped off the area.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Damn was going to post about this haha.

Was watching the stream 11pm/12pm UK time for an hour or 2, was pretty surprised to find he's still up there

All hail treeking

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Wouldn't it be funny if it was Jeb Bush throwing a tantrum?

I say, "Leaf him alone".

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
There's an app for this. McCulloch makes it.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Whatever, just get in Animal Control to tranq him.

Then you can just shove a big ol' trampoline under the tree.

Someone with a phone films the result, and you have istant Internet fame!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join