It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruz calls for patrols of Muslim neighborhoods

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Wardaddy454

It is ALL ABOUT FREEDOM.

Every time you increase security for someone else, strip someone else's freedoms away, or implement new policies that police harder -- they can and inevitably do get used on the people who supported them.

Do you want a police state?

Because this is how you get a police state.

Those freedoms don't cover people OUTSIDE OF THE COUNTRY.

You have neighbourhoods outside of your country...???

I know geography isn't strong with some of you on ATS, but come now.

I wasn't addressing neighborhoods, but since you bring it up, One of the Attackers lived in a Muslim neighborhood for for months before this attack. No one said anything to anyone about potentially suspicious activity. That should probably change, or we can just get used to these kinds of attacks if no one wants to speak up.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Gothmog

Punctuation Guide

Nicknames When inserted in the middle of a person’s actual name, a nickname should appear in quotation marks.

Henry M. “Hank” Paulson Jr.
Greg “The Shark” Norman

Doesnt answer anything. Rhetoric.Deflection. Diversion. And I would actually hope you knew what I was asking for . Or , do ya ?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: Edumakated

The only way to deal with this threat is to make sure they know we are crazier than they are...

Problem with that being faux craziness will never match real and tangible extremist craziness...

They'll cover your women as retaliation... In acid...
They'll bury people alive... In a desert...
They'll rape children... Repeatedly...
They'll blow up your markets... On busy days...

And I for one second don't believe you or any politician puppet is willing to match that very true craziness...

But your keyboard warrior skills are 9000.

The Japanese were plum crazy in world war II. Our pilots certainly weren't willing to go on kamikaze missions. However, we would not have won had we fought under this limp wrist PC correctness. Our leadership no longer has the testicular fortitude to end this sh*t right now like we did in WWII.

Personally, I'd like nothing more than to pull our troops out of the ME, build a wall and they can kill themselves. If it weren't for oil, it would be nothing but a big sandbox with a bunch of turds in it.

I'd like nothing more than to live in peace with everyone. However, at some point, you have to say enough is enough. I rather just get it over with instead of playing nice. Close the borders, deport anyone who isn't willing to assimilate, and put a nice visible red dot on top of Mecca.

The time for talking is over.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Depending on your interpretation, the constitution may disagree; nowhere does it specify that those protections outlined therein are only applicable to American citizens on American soil. The constitution is there to bind and restrict the powers of the government, to give that same government a pass on any land they can determine the constitution simply "doesn't apply to" is a dangerous and very lazy game to play.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
1.6 billion Muslims in the world. Muslim extremism could be crushed in a matter of days if the other Muslims stood up for their religion and did something about it.

Yeah, thought so.

4.5 billion men in the world. Rape by men could be eliminated in a matter of days if the other men stood up for their gender and did something about it.

Right?

None of us have been able to permanently eliminate bad people in our own cultures and countries. Why should we expect the Muslims to fix it?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

So your suggestion is to end corruption in the US government.

That will stop terrorists from blowing up airports.

Well, at least you offered another solution instead of insults. I'll give you that.

0_o

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Nukes and walls... The last resort of the clueless.

and put a nice visible red dot on top of Mecca.

Like ISIS want to do with the Vatican?

Yeah, you're better than them.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: DBCowboy

As I've said, it won't work but I'm sorry to hear this offends you. Please, educate us on how to properly fight terrorism because we'd all love to hear it! Do you have experience fighting terrorism or is this just an idea?

I offered a suggestion.

All I hear from the enlightened crowd is insults.

Got any ideas OTHER than mine?

You aren't going to hear any suggestions.... because there are none that will work short of what would be basically genocide. We could pull out all our troops in the ME, say the hell with Israel, etc and they'd still find some reason to attack the west.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ove38

originally posted by: Nyiah
Shall we put them into camps & make them wear symbols to more easily identity them, too?

If you answer yes, you're a POS & retarded.

No, but they should get a country to move to, all of them !

Just to see where you go with this, let's ask the obvious -- just Muslims, or all Middle Easterners in general? All the brown-skins gotta go because any one of them could be lying about religious affiliation?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
They say they (the Jihadists) don't fear death. So I guess killing them and/or threatening to kill them is not an action that invokes fear. They have shown repeatedly they don't value human life. We do, so they use that against us.

Everybody fears something. What do they most fear?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

If they're truly Muslims, they fear nothing but Allah...

So short of educating these people that they're pissing off God, nothing will work.

Not bombs, not bullets, not even a McDonalds on every Middle Eastern Street.
edit on 22-3-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Spelling.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well, to be fair, I wasn't trying to insult you by saying your idea wouldn't work. Take it as you will.

It's only a dream to end corruption as of right now and is it really possible to completely end it? Probably not, but corruption in the US gov't is at an all time high, so much so it's literally out in the open and the public has just become use to it, distracted, and or are just apathetic. Powerless comes to mind.

The gov't benefits from the endless war on terrorism just like they do with another endless war, the war on drugs. As of right now there is no time table to destroy the Muslim terrorist, no way out, and the Military Industrial Complex wants it that way! They're making money hand over fist in just the Middle East alone! We spend about $14 million an hour on the Middle East and most of that money goes to "contractors". This needs to stop and Trump ain't gonna stop it.
edit on 22-3-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

Depending on your interpretation, the constitution may disagree; nowhere does it specify that those protections outlined therein are only applicable to American citizens on American soil. The constitution is there to bind and restrict the powers of the government, to give that same government a pass on any land they can determine the constitution simply "doesn't apply to" is a dangerous and very lazy game to play.

The operative phrase being "depending on your interpretation".

If you wanna play around with that, sure you could come up with a myriad of different interpretations. But lets be honest, does our constitution supersede the constitutions of other countries? not from what I can tell.

edit on 22-3-2016 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I think they are showing us, do you not think?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Suffice to say, picking dead children up out of hospital rubble is a sure way to ensure this bulls# happens.

You can call me an apologist, but facts are facts...

Maybe one day you'll understand.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: jjkenobi
1.6 billion Muslims in the world. Muslim extremism could be crushed in a matter of days if the other Muslims stood up for their religion and did something about it.

Yeah, thought so.

4.5 billion men in the world. Rape by men could be eliminated in a matter of days if the other men stood up for their gender and did something about it.

Right?

None of us have been able to permanently eliminate bad people in our own cultures and countries. Why should we expect the Muslims to fix it?

How are those comparable?

The Muslims can start fixing it by agreeing on what their holy book should and shouldn't say concerning infidels and so on.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Lol and what do you propose? What in your mind works? What has actually worked? There are ways to provide security without compromising freedom, but if you're unwilling to explore those options by being close minded then there's no point in debating it.

Who said that I was unwilling to explore options for security? I'm all about being safe. I don't have a death wish. Hell, I even wear a seat belt.

Demanding that "something be done" just for the sake of "doing something" is a backwards approach don't you think?

I'm all about proportionality, efficacy and cost. Society faces a lot of problems. We as individuals are exposed to a great number of risks and we have a limited number of resources to deal with them and a finite amount of liberty to be preserved.

This may come as a shock to you but you I'm guessing you already accept a certain amount of risk inherent to all sorts of things. You drive right? Did you know that over 30,000 people die a year in the US in car accidents? You put on your seat belt, you buy a car with a air bags and a good crash safety rating, you don't drive intoxicated, you don't drive in inclement weather — you minimize your risk but you don't stop driving.

I'm sparing you a gun argument mostly because it's so damn hard to get reliable stats on gun deaths!

I think you can see where this is going. Just because there was a bombing in Belgium that is all over the news doesn't mean that we have to freak out and do stupid things.

So the first question is: Do we need to do anything at all?

I assume that part of the reason why we see less terrorism related deaths is the measures we've already taken. It may just be that we're already doing enough (and in my opinion, more than we need to). You know what else might help, wouldn't cost a damn dime or erode any freedoms?

Assholes like Trump and Cruz not trying to make American Muslims feel like their country hates/fears them because of their religion.
edit on 2016-3-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I think they are showing us, do you not think?

All 1 & a half billion of them...

I think I'd have heard that on Fox if it was true.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

By whom?

There are hundreds of no-go zones across Europe. Citizens know it, police know it, the media knows it.

Denial of reality doesn't change reality.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I'm ok with hurting someones feelings if it means preventing death

When things calm down (and they always do and will) -- what will things look like? What freedoms will we all have left?

The history of Islam and the wars they've fought for centuries highly suggests there will be no "calming down".

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join