It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruz calls for patrols of Muslim neighborhoods

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Amen.

It's that fake-alpha nonsense again. It happens every time you spook the herd.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

You must be talking about that protest in Chicago where people were dancing in the streets calling for the death of all Muslims....oh, that's right, that was the GOP primary rally that was shut down and not allowed to speak freely and were jumping all over the US flag.

Maybe you meant that non-existent footage of people dancing in the streets in the US shouting "DEATH TO ISLAM"...

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You're saying to sink to their level? They've been broadcasting their beheadings, burnings, straight massacres and that's yet to stop the West and friends from invading or bombing. So I don't think your well thought out plan is gonna work.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Instead of patrolling the neighborhoods of peaceful citizens, take one convicted terrorist and publically, and slowly, and very messily, put him to death.

Televise it.

Put it on PPV and make some money.

Have his screams heard 'round the clock.

Then promise to do that to each and every convicted terrorist.

And you make him a martyr.

Hell it never worked on the Scottish or irish when us brits tried that trick 1000 years back so why would it work today on people that idolise dying as a martyr?

Better to lock them in isolation with nothing but a diet of pork.

Or fed them to pigs

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
I'm ok with hurting someones feelings if it means preventing death

What cost though? Is being alive in some kind of security-prison worth it? I'm always amazed at what people will willingly give up, sacrifice, and what precedents they'll set due to fear.

When things calm down (and they always do and will) -- what will things look like? What freedoms will we all have left?

A little peace of mind now in exchange for a little less freedom later on? These things seem like they only target the OTHER guy -- but they all to often get turned back around on the people who support them.

Walls keep people out.

Walls also keep people IN.

Why do you people bring freedom in to it? This is not about giving up freedom, its about actually looking at who comes to the country first before throwing the doors wide open. By working with our allies, we don't have to change anything here when we can prevent certain flights from certain countries to begin with, temporarily.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

You're saying to sink to their level?

Yes. Because then they might understand that attacking the west might not be such a good idea.

Of course, like I've said, I am more than willing to be educated on how to defeat terrorism by the more enlightened crowd.

It's easy to insult me and to tell me it won't work.

But I don't see you coming up with ideas.

Cruz's idea sucks. I don't want to see a police-state.

But I'm not too pretty or so much a snowflake that I wouldn't get behind publically destroying a convicted terrorist.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

It is ALL ABOUT FREEDOM.

Every time you increase security for someone else, strip someone else's freedoms away, or implement new policies that police harder -- they can and inevitably do get used on the people who supported them.

Do you want a police state?

Because this is how you get a police state.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

"Stone the Gays, JK I'm not a theocrat!"

Ok , you put that in quotes. Need backup from when and where that was quoted from Cruz....

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Preventing Muslims from entering this country has already been tried? Preventing Muslim neighborhoods from forming has already been tried? Where? When? I see people whining about how mean ID cards would be.

Trump is the only one who's spoken up about this threat while most everyone else cries about how rude he is. And it's a disgrace the tune shifts only when there's a recent attack where innocents lose their lives.

You're easily susceptible to fear mongering. I get it. There was a terror attack in Belgium and you're afraid and you're unable to thinking rationally. Your emotions are distorting your perception of danger and making it hard for you to accurately assess the actual threat you face. Now take a deep breath and get a hold of yourself.

Since 9/11, how many Americans have been killed by Muslim terrorists on American soil?

I used the numbers from the ever popular center of www Islamaphobia, religionofpeace.com. I'm sure you won't accuse them of minimizing the threat.

Turns out they counted 90 deaths in the last 15 years. That's 6 deaths per year. In the first half of 2015, three times as many people died from lightning strikes.

How much freedom do we need to give up, how much money do we need to spend in order to make irrational people feel "safer?" On its face, your position makes even less sense than arguments for banning guns every time some deranged idiot shoots up a public place (which is actually a much larger threat but still not worth throwing away your freedom for).

Worse yet, this sort of first order thinking born of an overabundance of emotion and the absence of reasoned consideration, will not only further erode our own freedoms and waste more of a our tax dollars but will actually make the actual threat worse as we further alienate more and more innocent people making them that much less likely to go to authorities and inflaming sentiments that will tend to push people toward radicalization.

Get a grip.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

As I've said, it won't work but I'm sorry to hear this offends you. Please, educate us on how to properly fight terrorism because we'd all love to hear it! Do you have experience fighting terrorism or is this just an idea?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I'm ok with hurting someones feelings if it means preventing death

Typical first order thinking. We're already spending billions and billions of dollars for all sorts of new law enforcement and unprecedented surveillance. We've already got a militarized police force.

This is just empty rhetoric that appeals to morons and alienates innocent Muslims and what do you think the net result is?

Increased safety?

lol.

Lol and what do you propose? What in your mind works? What has actually worked?

There are ways to provide security without compromising freedom, but if you're unwilling to explore those options by being close minded then there's no point in debating it.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

As I've said, it won't work but I'm sorry to hear this offends you. Please, educate us on how to properly fight terrorism because we'd all love to hear it! Do you have experience fighting terrorism or is this just an idea?

I offered a suggestion.

All I hear from the enlightened crowd is insults.

Got any ideas OTHER than mine?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TaleDawn

Is that not what the Police do in any neighborhood?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Punctuation Guide

Nicknames When inserted in the middle of a person’s actual name, a nickname should appear in quotation marks.

Henry M. “Hank” Paulson Jr.
Greg “The Shark” Norman

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

It is ALL ABOUT FREEDOM.

Every time you increase security for someone else, strip someone else's freedoms away, or implement new policies that police harder -- they can and inevitably do get used on the people who supported them.

Those freedoms don't cover people OUTSIDE OF THE COUNTRY.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Shall we put them into camps & make them wear symbols to more easily identity them, too?

If you answer yes, you're a POS & retarded.

No, but they should get a country to move to, all of them !

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

It is ALL ABOUT FREEDOM.

Those freedoms don't cover people OUTSIDE OF THE COUNTRY.

You have neighbourhoods outside of your country...???

I know geography isn't strong with some of you on ATS, but come now.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
1.6 billion Muslims in the world. Muslim extremism could be crushed in a matter of days if the other Muslims stood up for their religion and did something about it.

Yeah, thought so.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Being that you're not using enlightened as a positive thing I'll assume you're insulting me. Why so angry?

In any case, your suggestion was terrible. My suggestion? Well our foreign policy has to change but more importantly so does the corruption in our govt. The US clearly had an agenda for the Middle East and they use terrorism as a tool. So to fight terrorism abroad should begin at home but it will be damn near impossible to make these changes because the corruption runs so deep. This why I support Sanders because of all of them he's the only talking about and fighting corruption.
edit on 22-3-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
1.6 billion Muslims in the world. Muslim extremism could be crushed in a matter of days if the other Muslims stood up for their religion and did something about it.

Yeah, thought so.

Alternatively if 1.6 billion people decided it was Jihad time against the World, you'd know about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join