It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly Attacks on Brussels airport, metro station kill around 20: Belgian media

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

I am surprised actually given how close the metro attack was to the EU commission building why they did not attack it there are lots of very high profile buildings that would have had a even bigger impact. Then again I would assume they are much more secure.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
ISIS have officially claimed responsibility

Was about to post that. I just checked yahoo and it's breaking on the main page. Haven't had a chance to read though.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

AIRO, March 22 (Reuters) - Islamic State claimed responsibility for two bomb attacks that killed at least 30 people in Brussels on Tuesday, a news agency affiliated with the group said.

"Islamic State fighters carried out a series of bombings with explosive belts and devices on Tuesday, targeting an airport and a central metro station," the Amaq agency said.

The attacks on Brussels airport and a rush-hour metro train in the Belgian capital came four days after Brussels police captured the prime suspect in attacks by the jihadist groups in Paris.

"Islamic State fighters opened fire inside Zaventem Airport, before several of them detonated their explosive belts, as a martyrdom bomber detonated his explosive belt in the Maalbeek metro station," Amaq said.

Link

Its interesting to note that there are reports a AK was found...

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Ohhhh look another one.

Honestly look this up, for most high profile terrorist attacks in Europe the attackers are actually nationals of the state they are attacking, that dude arrested yestarday is a Belgium born French National, the November Paris attackers were all Belgium or French the Charlie Hebdo shooters where French brothers, the 7/7 bombers where British and the list goes on.

This is European Nationals attacking other Europeans, this is not Syrian Refuges attacking EU targets.

I am sick to death of this kind of reasoning. Just because someone was a national of that country, does not mean they are "French" or "Belgian" or "American" for that matter.

These people are first and foremost their RELIGION...to hell with loyalty to a country. They are loyal to their effed up religion...period. Every one of them yells some religious meme before they kill their fellow "countrymen"!!
edit on 22-3-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Just because someone was a national of that country, does not mean they are "French" or "Belgian" or "American" for that matter.

So we change definitions now to suit our arguments? Fact is a French national is a French national irrespective of their religion.

Speaking of which religion and immigration are two separate issues the members i was responding to where talking in terms of immigration the problem of Islamic extremism amongst EU nationals who have been radicalised by influences outside of Europe is a different issue in my view.

edit on 22-3-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Just because someone was a national of that country, does not mean they are "French" or "Belgian" or "American" for that matter.

So we change definitions now to suit our arguments? Fact is a French national is a French national irrespective of their religion.

Speaking of which religion and immigration are two separate issues the members i was responding to where talking in terms of immigration the problem of Islamic extremism amongst EU nationals who have been radicalised by influences outside of Europe is a different issue in my view.

Say whatever makes you feel "reasonable". For people to strap bombs to their bodies, intentionally walk into a public area where innocent children, families, grandparents, women, etc. are and scream some idiotic religious mantra then proceed to do this is obscene, psycho, and just plain crazy religious fanaticism. These people don't give two sh*ts about the country they were born and raised in. Don't ---don't---call them French or Belgian or American. They are radical Islamic extremists dedicated to their effed up religious view of the world.
edit on 22-3-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Speaking of which religion and immigration are two separate issues the members i was responding to where talking in terms of immigration the problem of Islamic extremism amongst EU nationals who have been radicalised by influences outside of Europe is a different issue in my view

Uum...so what do you think happens when you flood western countries with people from a region of the world where they already have clashing cultural and religious beliefs on top of being EXTREMELY PISSED at being bent over by the evil west and it's corruption for centuries. So yeah I can admit that our own stupidity and lackadaisical attitude in regard to clearing our own garden of snakes here in the west is somewhat hell probably mostly to blame. None of that changes the fact though that Western and Midddle Eastern cultures clash in mere cohabitation with one another in large numbers and have so for a very long time.

edit on 22-3-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I agree with you these men are religious fantastics they don't give a dam what passport they are carrying they just care about furthering their twisted religious doctrine that demands they kill and mane incandescently all because of a perverted interpretation of religious texts taught to them by some very evil men.

My only point is that immigration and religion are not the same, you cannot blame these kind of attacks on immigration when most of the perpetrators are EU nationals.

Now if you instead want to start saying that Religion is to blame we are looking at a different debate.

might seem like subtle semantics to some but for those of us who really follow this stuff the difference is significant.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

If you want to discuss the effects of multiculturalism on the security of Europe then please do so so as i keep saying i am more interested with following the events of this breaking story as they unfold and not your views on multiculturalism.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
LE in Belgium have released a photo of 3 men suspected in the attacks:

No further info has been released, nor their current status(dead of being sought). I hope they can round up the cowards involved in the bombings, and place them in the same cell as the Paris Shooting terrorists that were apprehended in raids a few days ago.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
the false refugee movement and the mass imigration of millions into countries around the world will only lead tomore acts like this and plumenting the whole world into war.

Islam wants an Islamic State Muslims will bow to it no matter who briings it about. This is just the beginning.

Send them back slow down the migration and properly vet these people in the end it may not matter because the goal is world domination of Islamic rule.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Again most attackers in Europe are not refugees or Immigrants.

Please stop with this false assumption.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Gross. How deranged would you have to be to wear a bomb belt. Those people are full blown nuts!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

I think its fair to say its the same cell, both attacks claimed by ISIS and the day after that dude (whose name i cannot spell) was arrested. All seems a little too coincidental for their not to be a solid connection.

I just hope this is the last of the cell.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

What more do you need or want to know about the story? Body count and casualty report? Here let me sum it up for you: Angry young men of Middle Eastern descent raised in Belgium attacked and killed many other Belgium natives and or tourist's in the name of ISIS (angry religious zealots) the current bad boy of the Middle east raised and sponsored by factions of the western shadow government and its cronies. What's still not clear about this for your?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

What i am interested in is the response and further attacks, I have a interest in counter-terrorism so stuff like this is interesting to me. How did they pull it off, what counter measures where in place, what lines of investigation are being looked at, who was involved, what motivated them, where the radicalised at home or abroad i could go on but you obviously don't shear the same interest as I do so much of this would be lost on you.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

yeah they are homegrom Islamic radicals but with the influx of migrants they are bolder.

BTW, the cell they were all immigrants at one time or born to immigrants. But the real point is Islam is dangerous to ALL

wake up mate, your next.
edit on 22-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

I think its fair to say its the same cell, both attacks claimed by ISIS and the day after that dude (whose name i cannot spell) was arrested. All seems a little too coincidental for their not to be a solid connection.

I just hope this is the last of the cell.

I arrived at the same conclusion. Prior to the raids by Belgium LE to capture the DBs involved in the planning and act of the Paris shootings, I didn't know that region was a hiding place for parts of these cells. It doesn't take much to view these bombings as a direct response from those responsible. I posted a thread with the name your looking for:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I agree with you these men are religious fantastics they don't give a dam what passport they are carrying they just care about furthering their twisted religious doctrine that demands they kill and mane incandescently all because of a perverted interpretation of religious texts taught to them by some very evil men.

My only point is that immigration and religion are not the same, you cannot blame these kind of attacks on immigration when most of the perpetrators are EU nationals.

Now if you instead want to start saying that Religion is to blame we are looking at a different debate.

might seem like subtle semantics to some but for those of us who really follow this stuff the difference is significant.

You can say whatever makes you comfortable with your leaders' uncontrolled open immigration to these people. I care not. Their parents and/or grandparents immigrated to your home and KEPT their ideology. Oh, they went about their daily routines and proceeded to set up their pockets of their home culture and continued to teach their effed up religious fanaticism. Then one day, the seed sprouts in this new generation and a whole field full of crazy psychos bloom.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

What i am interested in is the response and further attacks, I have a interest in counter-terrorism so stuff like this is interesting to me. How did they pull it off, what counter measures where in place, what lines of investigation are being looked at, who was involved, what motivated them, where the radicalised at home or abroad i could go on but you obviously don't shear the same interest as I do so much of this would be lost on you.

I think one of the more important questions is, where the # do they get the explosives from.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join