It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people in California complain about chemtrails more than others?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
a reply to: network dude

Why do people in California complain about chemtrails more than others?

Different weather?

it could be. And that would help explain it. I just don't have enough facts to tie it together yet.
There is a post a few up that explains the marine layer and a frontal system that usually comes in June.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: intrptr

I will say in the past there were rumors that during drought they would spray silver iodide into the clouds to make it rain…

actually, that was just confirmed last week. It's been going on for a few years now.
www.latimes.com...

Interesting article, thanks for bringing it. Says they been doing this since the fifties, that it increases the rain by 15 percent.

Up here in Silicon valley I heard the rumors during the 80's of these cloud seeding stations on hill tops. Went looking for them, didn't actually find one. Article you linked confirms the presence of (ground based) 'stations' down there.

North American Weather Consultants has set up land-based generators in 10 locations between Sylmar and Pacoima, Fraser said. Only some of those generators were used Sunday night, as weather conditions were not ideal in all areas.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

They use rockets on the ground, or small planes for more precise seeding.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Found this, watch the video in here…

cloud seeding

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist
a reply to: 3danimator2014

My previous post at the top of the page show why I think California has optimal conditions for making trails, due to its marine layer.

Info on Inversion Layers: Wiki

This type of inversion occurs in the vicinity of warm fronts, and also in areas of oceanic upwelling such as along the California coast in the United States. W

I'm not sure that is going to influence conditions at 35000ft

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: mrthumpy

If it's a frontal system, why wouldn't it? Not saying I know anything about this, but an incoming front around my area sure affects the trail formation.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

If it's a frontal system, why wouldn't it? Not saying I know anything about this, but an incoming front around my area sure affects the trail formation.

The marine layer isn't a frontal system though is it? it's a layer of air cooled by the ocean

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I honestly don't know. It was described as a frontal system. I am trying to find out if there is a specific weather pattern from the Coast of CA that causes more trails then would normally be seen over the rest of the US. The reports of trails seem to indicate much, much more coverage than other places I have seen or heard about.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

I honestly don't know. It was described as a frontal system. I am trying to find out if there is a specific weather pattern from the Coast of CA that causes more trails then would normally be seen over the rest of the US. The reports of trails seem to indicate much, much more coverage than other places I have seen or heard about.

Well here's the relative humidity at 300mb over the next few days. There doesn't seem to be much consistency

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'm in Modesto, and looking at 14 separate contrails in a relatively small area of sky.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

When you are out that way, do you notice a difference in the amount of trails there?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

There do seem to be more of them some days. I'll see a few in Nevada or Arizona, depending on which way I'm coming in, and see 8-10+ depending on which part of California I'm in.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Are you aware of any weather anomalies that would account for more trails on the Pacific side?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
i live in Ventura CA, a coastal city about 60 miles north of LAX. we have no major airports near us, nor do we see many flight trails above our city. it's rare to see anything but blue skies unless we have rain (LOL) or a thick mayer of marine fog.

however, there is a city called Ojai about 15 miles east towards the Los Padres Forest, and whenever I go out there to hike or hang out, the sky seems riddled with criss-crossed patterns that do not dissipate. since Ventura is directly on the ocean (my house is about a half mile away from the shore), we also get a lot more breeze and wind going on. Ojai is much more still. and i have no idea if the patterns are contrails, or vapor, or what. all i know is they show up randomly, and have been for years.

...and El Nino is such a joke. sorry. as someone who has lived in california for 23 years, that term pretty much means nothing.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Weather systems coming ashore from the Pacific and moving East. Donner Pass got hit pretty good the other night and now Colorado and Wyoming are getting hammered.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I am just curious as to why California seems to be the fore-front of the chemtrail reports.

I think I found the answer to that question:

Just about the lowest IQ in California. A coincidence?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: payt69

Amazingly, they have one of the highest life expectancy as well. I wonder if the trails can be attributed to that?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

a reply to: payt69

Amazingly, they have one of the highest life expectancy as well. I wonder if the trails can be attributed to that?

Well of course once upon a time Chemtrail believers claimed that the purpose of chemtrails is to kill all of us, among a bunch of other theories. But that seems to be an untenable position now, hence most chemmies now believe it's geoengineering, which seems like an attempt to lend credence to a theory that has been falsified a long time ago to my satisfaction (IE contrails can't persist, if they do they are chemtrails).

But yah, we can see 2 trends here:

1: the average IQ of Californians is almost the lowest in the USA.
2: California has a lot of chemtrail believers.

Now I know that correlation isn't the same thing as causation, but it certainly is striking to see these facts, especially since I believe that chemtrail belief does correlate extremely well with the amount of scientific training/understanding an individual has. The less scientific training, the more prone one is to fringe beliefs such as chemtrails.

edit on 3201624 by payt69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: GoShredAK

Observing the skies of Ventura California had me a full blown chemtrail believer.

The sky was saturated with contrails. Some of them made u-turns, others just looked plain weird the way they persisted for so long.

I've been to a few different states over the past few years and SoCal was the contrail Mecca for sure.

Just my 2cents.

You mean ice crystals im the air persisted??? Like clouds do? WTF??

And are you telling me that very thin strips of them twisted and turned and were looking weird as they were churned by high altitude winds? ???? OMG!

And I have never ever heard of such a thing as planes turning back and holding patterns....you are right.

I'm a chemtrail believer now too! It all makes sense.

I wish I was as cool as you.

Dude I was just being honest about how I felt at the time.

So sorry I wasn't a meteorologist!

I eventually figured out I was wrong.

Why are you getting so worked up and tripping out on me?

That was lame.

Eta: also your assumption about twists and turns is wrong. I said a u-turn, as in the flight deviated. The jet made a full 180. I wasn't referring to the way the trails twist in the wind.

Please forgive me for participating in the thread oh great one.

I was just messing around mate. But you have to realise just how many times we have seen those things you said in this sub forum. Please keep participating! This sub forum is dead these days

I knew I took that way to personally. I was in an uncharacteristically bad mood when I replied .

No excuse though . my bad.

Peace

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Observing the skies of Ventura California had me a full blown chemtrail believer.

The sky was saturated with contrails. Some of them made u-turns, others just looked plain weird the way they persisted for so long.

I've been to a few different states over the past few years and SoCal was the contrail Mecca for sure.

Just my 2cents.

You mean ice crystals im the air persisted??? Like clouds do? WTF??

And are you telling me that very thin strips of them twisted and turned and were looking weird as they were churned by high altitude winds? ???? OMG!

And I have never ever heard of such a thing as planes turning back and holding patterns....you are right.

I'm a chemtrail believer now too! It all makes sense.

I wish I was as cool as you.

Dude I was just being honest about how I felt at the time.

So sorry I wasn't a meteorologist!

I eventually figured out I was wrong.

Why are you getting so worked up and tripping out on me?

That was lame.

Eta: also your assumption about twists and turns is wrong. I said a u-turn, as in the flight deviated. The jet made a full 180. I wasn't referring to the way the trails twist in the wind.

Please forgive me for participating in the thread oh great one.

I was just messing around mate. But you have to realise just how many times we have seen those things you said in this sub forum. Please keep participating! This sub forum is dead these days

I knew I took that way to personally. I was in an uncharacteristically bad mood when I replied .

No excuse though . my bad.

Peace

Nah, i was also being a dick to be honest. I felt stupid after i read your reply to me. Im having a tough month. My bad too.

Best friends again!?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join