It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people in California complain about chemtrails more than others?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This is a trend I have noticed over the years of being involved in this conspiracy. I am not sure if it's just a culture thing, or perhaps there are a lot more contrails in California then elsewhere.

I'll have to ask the experts on that as I really don't know. (Does California have more contrails? if so, why?)

But on the many forums that discuss this subject, there seems to be a disproportionate number of people in that region.

If you count international, domestic, military, cargo, and private aircraft, the airport logs 1,578 landings and takeoffs every 24 hours. That averages one plane down a runway every 55 seconds. We have the busiest airport in California, the third busiest in the country (Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson is number one; Chicago’s O’Hare, number two), and the sixth busiest in the world. - See more at: www.lamag.com...

www.lamag.com...

If you are in LA, the flights in and out wouldn't be the ones you see making contrails as they would be too low to make them, but 100 miles away in either direction, might have an impact.

I am just curious as to why California seems to be the fore-front of the chemtrail reports.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'd say they can get all the help they can get when it comes to a water source. I've been on ats for about 7 years, and everything about chemtrails pretty much points to weather manipulation IMO.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

If CA is the source of a disproportionate number of chemtrail conspiracy theorists, a couple possibilities as to why, no actual knowledge, but they seem plausible:

1) Something about the atmospheric conditions lends itself to greater persistence of trails than other parts of the US. I don't know if it actually does, but being coastal, and other geologic features which could affect atmospheric conditions might be a possibility.

2) Airplane pollution (whether water vapor or otherwise) is more noticable in places where beautiful, clear blue skies dominate. In other words, it would rarely be noticed in Seattle or London - nobody cares if their gray, cloudy skies are cluttered with white, streaky artificial clouds.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

It could be people who are unfamiliar with El Niño and its reverse. Conspiracies will be made as long as there is ignorance. knowledge is power.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Ill take a stab. Unlike the east coast there are greater distances involved in commuting between major metropolitan areas. LA, SF, Portland and Vancouver are hundreds if not thousands of miles apart, all pretty much in a straight line from each other (narrow flight corridors). We're also on the coast so if you want to travel anywhere west, I'm not aware of any passenger ships boarding to cross the Pacific.

I live here in the SF bay, most days the sky is sullied all day long by high altitude miasma of passing airliners. The direction of travel is mostly north south, the prevailing off shore winds carry this stuff inland, one contrail at a time. It spreads out becoming this persistent haze covering the sky. Since the flights are 24/7 , I can't remember a day lately that has a clear horizon or a blue, blue sky.

All you have to do to see this stuff up there is look up.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Not being from there, or ever being there at all, I have no idea what the skies look like there. I suppose if all I saw were contrails, it would get on my nerves a bit.

I was wondering of the cool pacific winds had an impact on trail formation. There seems like there should be a good reason for so many reports to come from one specific area.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rekrul

I'd say they can get all the help they can get when it comes to a water source. I've been on ats for about 7 years, and everything about chemtrails pretty much points to weather manipulation IMO.

I tend to think the droughts are cycles that different areas go through. The trails have remained pretty constant worldwide over the last 10 years as far as I have seen and heard. Though I am sure their occurrence has increased with the increase in air travel.

Weather manipulation (cloud seeding) is a localized thing and doesn't look at all like white lines in the sky. But the amount of trails may have an affect on weather inland.

It's an interesting thought to see of the trails moved weather producing storms away from the coast, but since trails have been around since powered flight, I can't help but think if this was a repeatable thing, it would have been going on for decades. And I realize LA was built in a desert, but it hasn't always had water issues.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

California gets slammed with weird weather. just look up El Niño.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I always assumed it was because of Wigginton and his Shasta valley property. I assumed that he was a lot more vocal around California.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I currently live in SoCal, about 35/45 miles from LAX. The sky is an almost constant viewing of crisscrossing sky trails. Personally, I believe in chemtrails. I see a lot of different type of trails in the sky, enough for me to believe they're not all just varying degrees of contrail. The long lasting patterns don't discourage my train of thought on the matter.

Though, I'm willing to classify any kind of weather modification as chemtrails. But I like to think they're turning the sky into a giant hologram projector so they can fake an alien invasion of the return of Jesus & a bunch of angels.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

I thought that for a while, but have talked to a few who don't know who he is.
It just seems that at least reports of filled skies are common there. (again, not being from there or ever being there, I can't say for certain)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BigScaryStrawman

One thing that is a good rule of thumb in my area is that lots of trails are a good indication of incoming weather. Do you notice that a day or two after a very heavily trailed sky, you get some change in weather? (I also hear that LA is always 75 and sunny)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

If you are in LA, the flights in and out wouldn't be the ones you see making contrails as they would be too low to make them, but 100 miles away in either direction, might have an impact.

I am just curious as to why California seems to be the fore-front of the chemtrail reports.

Very odd.

LAX is close to the beach. We get a beach breeze. Contrails/Chemtrails blow away. I have no concept of why this would be big in this area.

100 miles away? You've got desert, mountains, basins, etc. Still close enough to the coast to get a breeze most of the time.

In AZ - - where the sky is almost always clear - - Contrails/Chemtrails don't dissipate. Much more likely in AZ.

Only thing I can think of is population. There's a lot of people in LA.

edit on 21-3-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigScaryStrawman
I currently live in SoCal, about 35/45 miles from LAX. The sky is an almost constant viewing of crisscrossing sky trails.

Really? I'm born and raised.

Never really noticed, except normal plane traffic.

I believe there is something to chemtrails. In AZ whenever there was a storm "nearby" you would see a lot of the crisscross patterns.

Which leaves me to believe its weather related. I guess LA being in a drought, it might make sense. I read they did do some cloud seeding recently.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Since the flights are 24/7 , I can't remember a day lately that has a clear horizon or a blue, blue sky.

Sorry I have to ask this, but is this exaggerated any, or do you really have trails in the sky every day? (or almost)

In my area, we see a few on days when there is a frontal system coming in, but we have plenty of days with no clouds and plenty of days with scattered clouds and not trails at all.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Chemtrails exist all over the world, but CA has very strong EP regulations and protected sections of land and even beach areas. Particulates in the air fall to the ground and spurrs on the EPA.

Knowing I believe in the governments use of chemicals in those sky trails, and a faction of ATS members do not, I offer the following evidence of existence of chemtrails by persons NOT FROM WEST COAST,

Kristen Meghan

And another, not a whistleblower, but a woman addressing the UN:

Rosalind Peterson

Scientists, pilots, doctors:

Chemtrails are real

From Massachusetts School of Law

Chemtrail Education

None of these were from West Coast.

Chemtrails are not contrails. They do exist even if you don't believe they do.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

One thing that is a good rule of thumb in my area is that lots of trails are a good indication of incoming weather. Do you notice that a day or two after a very heavily trailed sky, you get some change in weather? (I also hear that LA is always 75 and sunny)

Annee mentioned storms as well, but we've had one day of rain every 6-12 weeks for over a year now. It's actually wonderfully overcast today, but yes, the weather is unchanging, sunny & hot with little cloud cover, nearly every single day. I say almost because sometimes it gets less bright as a stray wisp of cloud covers the sun for a brief moment. I also drive a Jeep Wrangler & never put my top up, so I'm very aware of the weather & streaks in the sky on a daily basis.

If they're simply cloud seeding then cloud seeding technology needs an overhaul.

edit on 21-3-2016 by BigScaryStrawman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

do you have any relevant information about California? this thread is about trying to determine if California has more trails then other places. There are plenty of threads where you can tell people all about what you believe.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I currently live in SoCal, about 35/45 miles from LAX. The sky is an almost constant viewing of crisscrossing sky trails.

Really? I'm born and raised.

Never really noticed, except normal plane traffic.

I believe there is something to chemtrails. In AZ whenever there was a storm "nearby" you would see a lot of the crisscross patterns.

Which leaves me to believe its weather related. I guess LA being in a drought, it might make sense. I read they did do some cloud seeding recently.

here in the East, the trails are usually weather related. You can see a forecast of storms approaching in 3-4 days and usually 1-2 days out, there will be lots of trails. It's almost guaranteed that a change in weather is coming when you see the trails. Meteorology explains that the conditions cause the trails, and not the other way around.

thanks for the input.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Annee mentioned storms as well, but we've had one day of rain every 6-12 weeks for over a year now. It's actually wonderfully overcast today, but yes, the weather is unchanging, sunny & hot with little cloud cover, nearly every single day. I say almost because sometimes it gets less bright as a stray wisp of cloud covers the sun for a brief moment. I also drive a Jeep Wrangler & never put my top up, so I'm very aware of the weather & streaks in the sky on a daily basis.

If they're simply cloud seeding then cloud seeding technology needs an overhaul.

That's what kind of has me baffled. I know other areas have drastic changes in weather. (San Fran for one), but LA seems to be really constant. But then again, maybe the trails are constant for the same reason?

I would love to get a better understanding of WHY there are so many trails in that area.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join