It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unedited footage of the bombing of Nagasaki

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Sorry if this sounds stupid. I read somewhere that an atomic bomb fries circuitry and electronics from an EM pulse. Were the planes shielded against that? If not, how did they not get friend? Were they too high up?

Air bursts don't generate much in the way of EMP. A ground burst will generate a bit more. But the real EMP payoff requires a high altitude nuclear detonation.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam
Thanks for clearing that up. Now I don't feel so stupid.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I've been reading up on the Second Sino-Japanese War

en.wikipedia.org...

My guess is Allied High Command determined the level of atrocities being committed on the Chinese Mainland were unacceptable, and chose to "pull the trigger" as part of a one-two punch with Uncle Joe directing the Far East Command into a massive pincer movement the size of Manchuria. This attack fulfilled his obligations made at Yalta and was planned long in advance.

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm sure links about atrocities have already been posted, so I'll leave that subject....other than to say I have issues with Mitsubishi.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

My guess is Allied High Command determined the level of atrocities being committed on the Chinese Mainland were unacceptable, and chose to "pull the trigger"

Was it not similar decision making used when we invaded the middle east, we invaded to free the people from their dictators and their chemical weapons...

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
I've been reading up on the Second Sino-Japanese War

en.wikipedia.org...

My guess is Allied High Command determined the level of atrocities being committed on the Chinese Mainland were unacceptable, and chose to "pull the trigger" as part of a one-two punch with Uncle Joe directing the Far East Command into a massive pincer movement the size of Manchuria. This attack fulfilled his obligations made at Yalta and was planned long in advance.

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm sure links about atrocities have already been posted, so I'll leave that subject....other than to say I have issues with Mitsubishi.

Keep in mind that by July of 45 the Soviets had decimated the Imperial Army in Manchuria. The lucky ones were killed, there were 10's of thousands of Japanese POW's taken by the Soviets during that campaign. Though I doubt much could have levelled the playing field for the horrors and medical experiments the Japanese imposed on the POW's they took.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Anyone forget the firebombing raids? But Nukes make a spectacular show..

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
My 16 year old son watched part of the clip and just asked me if that Nagasaki bomb is the most powerful bomb every made. I think the bombs that we have today can wipe out an entire city the size of Nagasaki, instead of just part of it..right?

Those were simple fission bombs. The more advanced thermonuclear bombs work on fusion. They are thousand of times more powerful. Tsar boma is the most powerful bomb (100 megatonnes). That can completely annihilate everything in a radius of 15 miles and cause 3rd degree burns to someone 65 miles away.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Great footage. Justice served x 2.

+1 for Rhodes' book. I've read it four times and its successor, Dark Sun, three.

People should educate themselves. That was a different era altogether.

It's easy to armchair quarterback a brutal war.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: 123143
Great footage. Justice served x 2.

+1 for Rhodes' book. I've read it four times and its successor, Dark Sun, three.
People should educate themselves. That was a different era altogether.
It's easy to armchair quarterback a brutal war.

++ to both of Rhodes' books. They are also available as audiobooks and a ebooks.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Human Ourosboros infection response to Attack on Pearl Harbor-

@ 9:10 near bottom left of center screen, what is that moving fast away from SOUL region near clouds seems to move abruptly after sitting there?

1 could be seeing things but any clues?
Reminds me of similar "energy" seen here also from the region of JAPAN during 2011 tsunami event

R.I.P to all lost in the mentioned events within my post

but maybe its a larger paranormal energy due to FM exposure soul release processes...

It doesn't look like normal cloud movement

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Also it has a shadow beneath it?

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Thanks for posting, I learned something new, I never knew the bomb detonated above the target, for some reason I always thought it detonated like a conventional bomb on impact

I'm sure the decision wasn't taken lightly to use the bombs but it was the only option really, a continued conventional war against Japan could have lasted years and killed many more on both sides than the lives 2 bombs took

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: liveandlearn

70K largely innocent people dead due to actions of their gov and our gov. One has to wonder how anyone can walk away from this action and be proud of who they are.

Absolutely nothing compared to the firebombing of Tokyo. GEN LeMay openly admitted he would have been prosecuted for war crimes had the Axis Powers prevailed.

I don't think there was very much chest thumping over any of it. It was an event that needed to be carried out ... and there were hard men on-hand to make the call. Their solemn responses of summation definitely set a tone.

Quoted for agreement. I dont recall reading about anyone in power at the time bragging about the two drops. And Tokyo firebombing was absolutely horrific.

That said, one bomb, i can kind of see a purpose...two? That's pushing it in my opinion. But i will admit, i dont know a lot about history. Maybe two were needed.

The Japanese wouldn't surrender. We warned the population to get out, and the Emperor made them stay (many still left thankfully) through threats etc. After the first bomb, they still wouldn't surrender, so we dropped another.

It was estimated that a campaign of conventional bombing followed by a ground invasion would result in up to a million casualties (not counting the Japanese military and civilians), so In order to avoid such a high casualty rate, Truman decided–over the moral reservations of Secretary of War Henry Stimson, General Dwight Eisenhower and a number of the Manhattan Project scientists–to use the atomic bomb in the hopes of bringing the war to a quick end.
edit on 19-3-2016 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: liveandlearn

70K largely innocent people dead due to actions of their gov and our gov. One has to wonder how anyone can walk away from this action and be proud of who they are.

Absolutely nothing compared to the firebombing of Tokyo. GEN LeMay openly admitted he would have been prosecuted for war crimes had the Axis Powers prevailed.

I don't think there was very much chest thumping over any of it. It was an event that needed to be carried out ... and there were hard men on-hand to make the call. Their solemn responses of summation definitely set a tone.

Quoted for agreement. I dont recall reading about anyone in power at the time bragging about the two drops. And Tokyo firebombing was absolutely horrific.

That said, one bomb, i can kind of see a purpose...two? That's pushing it in my opinion. But i will admit, i dont know a lot about history. Maybe two were needed.

The Japanese wouldn't surrender. We warned the population to get out, and the Emperor made them stay (many still left thankfully) through threats etc. After the first bomb, they still wouldn't surrender, so we dropped another.

It was estimated that a campaign of conventional bombing followed by a ground invasion would result in up to a million casualties (not counting the Japanese military and civilians), so In order to avoid such a high casualty rate, Truman decided–over the moral reservations of Secretary of War Henry Stimson, General Dwight Eisenhower and a number of the Manhattan Project scientists–to use the atomic bomb in the hopes of bringing the war to a quick end.

I mean, sure, we warned them to get out, but they assumed we were just going to invade or drop conventional bombs. So its not suprise that most stayed. I did not know about them not surrendering after the first one. Thanks for that info.

And yes, i think most people agree that the casualties were FAR lower than they would have been if we had initiated a ground war.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
just to add a touch of levity to a fairly dark video.

this is what was going through my head while watching the video.

you're doing something incredibly formal, loading a live nuclear bomb onto a bomber to kill 70,000 civilians. and you're wearing shorts and no shirt. really dude?

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Amazing footage, I wonder if those men ever realized what that thing could do to mankind.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
just to add a touch of levity to a fairly dark video.

this is what was going through my head while watching the video.

you're doing something incredibly formal, loading a live nuclear bomb onto a bomber to kill 70,000 civilians. and you're wearing shorts and no shirt. really dude?

And chewing gum!

To be fair. It was the south Pacific. Also, I'm sure try are all well aware of what that bomb could do. So probably tried not to think about it. But im guessing of course.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

uh, there are several members who know that we have something way worse and devestating than nuclear weapons. we invented a weapon that simultaneously destroys and terrorizes. it's so cruel we actually decided it should only be used in dire circumstances.

ok, I shouldn't be talking about this and few members are going to get really pissed at me but when has that ever stopped me.

way back in the early 2000s we invented something horribly devestating. and there was a conspiracy involved, where they used simple misdirection to get the public off the scent of this new superweapon. actually it was a purposeful leak with the projects acronym permutated and slightly altered. just enough to throw everyone off.

you know the MOAB it's called the Mother Of All Bombs. supposedly 18,000 pounds of explosives. well the leak overheard things incorrectly.

it's actually called MI-LB the Mother In-Law Bomb.

behold the power of 18,000 angry mother in laws focused at one point in space using mind energy coupling beams developed jointly from the f35 programs helmet and with time travellers from the 1960s Montauk Project.

here is test footage of them using it against a unsuspecting household.
m.youtube.com...

edit on 19-3-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

uh, there are several members who know that we have something way worse and devestating than nuclear weapons. we invented a weapon that simultaneously destroys and terrorizes. it's so cruel we actually decided it should only be used in dire circumstances.

ok, I shouldn't be talking about this and few members are going to get really pissed at me but when has that ever stopped me.

way back in the early 2000s we invented something horribly devestating. and there was a conspiracy involved, where they used simple misdirection to get the public off the scent of this new superweapon. actually it was a purposeful leak with the projects acronym permutated and slightly altered. just enough to throw everyone off.

you know the MOAB it's called the Mother Of All Bombs. supposedly 18,000 pounds of explosives. well the leak overheard things incorrectly.

it's actually called MI-LB the Mother In-Law Bomb.

behold the power of 18,000 angry mother in laws focused at one point in space using mind energy coupling beams developed jointly from the f35 programs helmet and with time travellers from the 1960s Montauk Project.

here is test footage of them using it against a unsuspecting household.
m.youtube.com...

Haha. But i love my mother in law. Honestly!

I edited cuz I just read your post properly. Hehe

Also. That MOAB bomb was the most dissapoining footage I've ever seen. I was like "Yeah! ! Come one! This is gonna be great!".....poof!

edit on 19-3-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Sorry if this sounds stupid. I read somewhere that an atomic bomb fries circuitry and electronics from an EM pulse. Were the planes shielded against that? If not, how did they not get friend? Were they too high up?

Air bursts don't generate much in the way of EMP. A ground burst will generate a bit more. But the real EMP payoff requires a high altitude nuclear detonation.

Why would a ground burst generate more? I thought it would be the other way round. Also to answer the original question regarding the emp, i think i remember reading that the planes were shielded.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join