It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7,x billion people and 50% are idiots

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Is English your first language? Because if it is, there are some glaringly obvious grammatical errors for one so intelligent. I personally hate grammar nazi's but sometimes things just need to be said.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I am just so pissed lately by all the idiots thinking they are superiour because they fart out children. Rats do that too.

Could you please clue me in? In all of my years I've never come across anyone who thought they were superior because they have a lot of children.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
What a complete douche bag you are OP. I mean really, an online IQ test brought to us by you; seriously?

I would say you fall into that 50% considering the bull# numbers and tests you submit to. And assholes should not be procreating either.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Internet IQ tests don't mean a thing. They are nothing like real IQ tests performed by doctors.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I just did the linked test, scored 146.. Guess I'm allowed to carry on living then, even have children..

I'm not sure how culling the population is going to solve anything, surely educating those with lower intelligent quotient is a better option, no?

Besides, IQ is a normalised measure, calibrated to have 100 as the average and 68% of people in the 86-115 range. Therefore, an IQ of 140 measured now is not the same as an IQ of 140 measured 10 years ago. By this measure, people are actually getting more intelligent. The study does not adjust for this, and metric used was far from actual rounded IQ scores, and according to the forbes article itself, is dubious:

The metric evaluated to reach this conclusion isn’t one most would guess. Rather than comprehensive IQ test scores declining over time, researchers focused on declining reaction times–a metric that correlates with general intelligence for reasons that aren’t entirely clear.

IQ was never designed to be an absolute measure. People who boast about their own perceived superiority because of a certain score, and demean those who score lower, are not demonstrating intelligent behaviour, ironically..

Finally, as originally posted by: wantsome

Internet IQ tests don't mean a thing. They are nothing like real IQ tests performed by doctors.

edit on 15-3-2016 by spygeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

You are asking the wrong monkey when it comes to IQ tests, I used to have a mensa level IQ taken on many different tests and even took the mensa one to prove a point to my Dad.

I got repeatedly kicked in the head a few years ago and some days I would not even hit a hundred and struggle to remember how to tie my shoelaces.

I have a child but I would assume that we are going on genetics as opposed to current stats

Was your being repeatedly stomped in the head in any way related to your telling people you're a mensa-level genius?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
smh, shame on you op for bringing this horrid thread to ats.

once again shame on you.
edit on 15-3-2016 by theboarman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I love how much hate Peeple is getting. This has been a truly entertaining thread.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

a reply to: ignorant_ape

I am just so pissed lately by all the idiots thinking they are superiour because they fart out children. Rats do that too.

Could you please clue me in? In all of my years I've never come across anyone who thought they were superior because they have a lot of children.

I wasn't kidding. I'm trying to understand your anger.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CaticusMaximus

So sorry to contradict you,

BUT

I have tested very well on your beloved IQ tests...that's how I know they're utter BS

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
There is a difference between ignorance, gullibility and stupidity.

And the definition of each word is controversial.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to be knowledgeable about every topic in existence, which means 100% of people are at least partially ignorant.

It is close to impossible to be 100% gullible-free unless you are breathtakingly cynical toward and suspicious of EVERY SINGLE person you encounter.

As for stupid, if this includes a slow-learning, lazy person who is prone to making mistakes before they fully understand something, then count me in...

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I just missed the 120 mark. I guess all that's left to do now is decide if I want to drive the Maserati or the Benz off the nearest cliff.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   

forbes:

A new study suggests that people living today are considerably less intelligent than people living a couple centuries ago, to the tune of 14 fewer IQ points on average.

Global IQ

Isn't that concerning, we really are becoming dumber with each generation! Now we also face something that will make this de-evolution happen even faster: the mobile phone.

Do you have kids? If so would you mind taking this quick test:
free IQ test
And what are your results, are you above 120? Because otherwise you shouldn't be allowed to have children. Period.
You are a thread to the future of mankind and will be responsible, if in a few generations from now, we won't have a space programm at all anymore.
Sure there is more to it, social intelligence, creativity and all that, which isn't measured, but let's be honest: The homo oeconimicus, is a fear driven, egoistic gambler and will wipe us all out.
That is the reality we face and we need smart people, especially in a democracy, where the average is meant to be the souvereign. Empathic, intelligent and humble, is what he should be.
And who or what are you? What do you raise your children to be?
Fad, egoistic, spoiled and unfit for survival.
That assumption sounds mean at first, but think about it: 95% of people who get children are idiots.That's a statistical fact.
And the five percent are send to elitist school learning elitist behaviour and become the flesh and bone of the "homo oeconomicus".
We can't let that happen, can we?

So let's clean this mess up, my suggestion: if you are below 120 and have no significant talent: commit suicide, or at least please: don't procreate.

into which group do you place yourself?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
"So let's clean this mess up, my suggestion: if you are below 120 and have no significant talent: commit suicide, or at least please: don't procreate. "

Hey there little Hitler, calm down...

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: nonspecific

How did you conclude I "like eugenics" from my post?

I stated a problem... solving that problem is the conundrum.. .no eugenic feelings offered, and I'm hoping someone is smart enough to solve that problem without drastic inhumane measures, myself.

I misinterpreted your post.

Sorry 'bout that.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AntisocialAnxiety
I just missed the 120 mark. I guess all that's left to do now is decide if I want to drive the Maserati or the Benz off the nearest cliff.

I suppose it would come down to which of your boss's cars would be more upsetting for him to loose?

Chauffeurs are easy to replace but a nice car is hard to find...

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

You are asking the wrong monkey when it comes to IQ tests, I used to have a mensa level IQ taken on many different tests and even took the mensa one to prove a point to my Dad.

I got repeatedly kicked in the head a few years ago and some days I would not even hit a hundred and struggle to remember how to tie my shoelaces.

I have a child but I would assume that we are going on genetics as opposed to current stats

Was your being repeatedly stomped in the head in any way related to your telling people you're a mensa-level genius?

No, it was never anything I held in much regard.

It just meant that I was better than most people at problem solving and seeing patterns. I also have the ability to make educated guesses very quickly with good results.

I only took the mensa test as my dad kept saying that I was stupid and wanted to prove him wrong.

After the incident I think I am more than likely borderline mentally impaired.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
For everyone in this thread sayign that IQ tests are bullshiz and they don't measure intelligence etc etc etc...

YOURE WRONG.

First of all, saying it's bullshi+ is pretty meaningless, why not explain what is a lie about an IQ test??

Secondly, regardless of what any definition says, here's what an IQ test really is:

It's simply a test that determines a subjects CAPACITY, or POTENTIAL at problem solving. This this end they are VERY accurate.

Obviously that's not everything in life. But call it intelligence or whatever you like, IQ is highly indicative of a persons capacity for critical thinking.

I'll just use myself as an example here though. I have a phenomenally high IQ, but I also realize it's often "wasted" because of my shortcomings in other areas. I wouldn't even really call myself smart though. It's difficult to explain, but I massively respect people who achieve great success, regardless of their so-called intelligence, and I struggle sometimes running my own business I think because of over-thinking and lack of just good old bullishness.

Confidence, decisiveness, passion, dedication, persistence, motivation etc. are all hugely important also. I'd hire a manager with a good combination of all those any day over someone with a high IQ.

I'm not doing a great job here of explaining exactly what my thoughts are right now, but what I'm trying to say is that it's absolutely foolish to discount IQ, or to say other things are all much more important because the whole package is important.

Many of you taking the popular route of dismissing IQ as nonsense, in fact probably have quite a high IQ.

Ahhhh, horses for courses right ??? Yea IQ ain't everything but ignore it at your own peril also.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Is that a true story? At the end of your post it seemed maybe you were being cheeky.... Really sorry to hear that if true.

Also IQ has been shown to be linked at least somewhat to confidence and decisiveness, and tests have shown an individual's IQ score to drop quite noticeably due to depression and self confidence issues.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

Is that a true story? At the end of your post it seemed maybe you were being cheeky.... Really sorry to hear that if true.

Also IQ has been shown to be linked at least somewhat to confidence and decisiveness, and tests have shown an individual's IQ score to drop quite noticeably due to depression and self confidence issues.

Yes it's a true story, it was about 10 years ago now and have managed to adapt and relearn a lot of skills.

After the incident I genuinely had no concept of numbers, as in I did not understand what they were. I had no idea what was left and right and remember standing in front of 2 escalators in a shopping centre and although I could see them moving in different directions had to ask someone which one would make me go up as I could not for the life of me figure it out.

I am also terrible at spelling and no amount of practice seems to be able to fix this, I was a very fluent writer yet now I still cannot remember where, were their, they're ect/, I can never remember which way round I's and E' go. Just writing remember back there took me about 8 goes lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join