It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7,x billion people and 50% are idiots

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
forbes:

A new study suggests that people living today are considerably less intelligent than people living a couple centuries ago, to the tune of 14 fewer IQ points on average.

Global IQ

Isn't that concerning, we really are becoming dumber with each generation! Now we also face something that will make this de-evolution happen even faster: the mobile phone.

Do you have kids? If so would you mind taking this quick test:
free IQ test
And what are your results, are you above 120? Because otherwise you shouldn't be allowed to have children. Period.
You are a thread to the future of mankind and will be responsible, if in a few generations from now, we won't have a space programm at all anymore.
Sure there is more to it, social intelligence, creativity and all that, which isn't measured, but let's be honest: The homo oeconimicus, is a fear driven, egoistic gambler and will wipe us all out.
That is the reality we face and we need smart people, especially in a democracy, where the average is meant to be the souvereign. Empathic, intelligent and humble, is what he should be.
And who or what are you? What do you raise your children to be?
Fad, egoistic, spoiled and unfit for survival.
That assumption sounds mean at first, but think about it: 95% of people who get children are idiots.That's a statistical fact.
And the five percent are send to elitist school learning elitist behaviour and become the flesh and bone of the "homo oeconomicus".
We can't let that happen, can we?

So let's clean this mess up, my suggestion: if you are below 120 and have no significant talent: commit suicide, or at least please: don't procreate.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I see your 50 perecent, and I raise you to 98 percent.
edit on 15-3-2016 by Tsubaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well, you really really went for it. I completely disagree, especially considering that statistically 5% of individuals have an IQ 120 or higher, based on a completely flawed system. I think you need to add more research for your proposition to be complete.

But kudos for controversy.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

So let's clean this mess up, my suggestion: if you are below 120 and have no significant talent: commit suicide, or at least please: don't procreate.

Really, so your solution to people who can't score higher on some b.s test is to off themselves?? Smfh!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
That Einstein "quote," isn't real.

I hate when people share that meme... he never said that, or anything remotely close to it.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You are asking the wrong monkey when it comes to IQ tests, I used to have a mensa level IQ taken on many different tests and even took the mensa one to prove a point to my Dad.

I got repeatedly kicked in the head a few years ago and some days I would not even hit a hundred and struggle to remember how to tie my shoelaces.

I have a child but I would assume that we are going on genetics as opposed to current stats

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
All IQ tests measure is how well one does on an IQ test. There are numerous ways and environments that one can demonstrate ability and intelligence--this is what matters.

This needs to be understood first and foremost.

edit on 15-3-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well I know I'm gonna tick people off, but I don't care. IF (and that's a big if) IQ is indicative of true intellectual capacity, then the fact that nations with higher average IQ are being outpaced in birthrate to nations of lower IQ would explain the bulk of this. Thatview is taking in data for the last half century, though. A few centuries of stats might not match up the same.
edit on 15-3-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

let me guess - you think your IQ is > 120

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I think its higher.

Its not even a reduced disposition. Its a general attitude.

Its a mentality.

They are not dumber, they are more retarded if that makes sense.

Snowflakes or assholes.....normal people are in short supply.

Being an asshole makes you will yourself into retardation like being a fanciful snowflake does.

Its a dangerous situation for the rest.

Makes survival mode kick in and noble sentiment fade away.

Most dont even want to think about this though. They like to think everything is fine.

Also IQ tests are BS.

edit on 3 15 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

It's actually 1/9, which means 11.1%
IQ comparison sheet

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Anyone else on ATS a little fed up with people thinking that IQ actually means something, like having a higher IQ makes you some how superior

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Nope. Its not the poor dumb peoples fault. I think third world countries are forced to think on their feet and be real.

A phone makes a zombie. Not a bunch of siblings.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Anyone else on ATS a little fed up with people thinking that IQ actually means something, like having a higher IQ makes you some how superior

I used to think I was superior before I got kicked in the head and lost about 30 points on the IQ scale.

Now I think "oohh that is shiny......" and try not to dribble too much.

Meh.

link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I took several tests and never scored below 126. If that's what you're asking. So I know these tests aren't real prove of what actual IQ you have.

a reply to: nonspecific

It is meant to be provocative. Don't worry, if you raise them to be decent human beings everything is fine.
I am just so pissed lately by all the idiots thinking they are superiour because they fart out children. Rats do that too.

link   
There should be an U.N resolution declaring only those with an I.Q of 120+ can breed. We should then neuter the rest of the World's population.

Lower average I.Q than 200 years ago? I didn't realise the I.Q test had been around that long, maybe it is an outdated mode of assessment?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

free IQ test

well i took the test and if "7,x billion people and 50% are idiots" is true i am definitely in a 50%

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

So let's clean this mess up, my suggestion: if you are below 120 and have no significant talent: commit suicide,

i really wish people with that kind of viewpoint do ALL of humanity a favor (not just the smart ones) and eat a bullet... please and thank you in advance

link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
All IQ tests measure is how well one does on an IQ test. There are numerous ways and environments that one can demonstrate ability and intelligence--this is what matters.

This needs to be understood first and foremost.

Is what those people who score less than they think they should on IQ tests say.

Ravens progressive matrices is a very, very good indicator of general intelligence that is non-culturally bias and in fact, with the exception of the instructions, uses no words whatsoever. Its purely a pattern recognition test, and is very highly correlated with a persons general mental abilities.

The whole "IQ tests dont really tell us anything" is ridiculous. Do they tell us EVERYTHING? No. But they can and do tell us a lot.

For some though, they just really, really, really dont like what they say, so try and dismiss all of it. Out of sight, out of mind.

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It actually does make people generally superior in their ability to recognize patterns and better predict future events based on those patterns.

I cant believe so many people demonize intelligence. I mean even if they themselves are not smart, they would benefit so, so greatly if the world actually valued intellect over base emotion and selfish desire.

Let me just stop right now though before I get into a borderline rant myself, because no one will hear it any way.

edit on 3/15/2016 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

link   

A much more passive way to increase global intelligence would be to increase how challenging the questions are in I.Q tests. This would incentivize testers whom get lower scores to increase their level of education and general knowledge both trivial and academic then they just take the test over again.

Seriously this is just disgusting...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join