It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7,x billion people and 50% are idiots

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Einstein did say "It has become appallingly clear that our technology has surpassed our humanity" when he was questioned about the atomic bomb.
That's only a short stretch. But you get a point for being smart.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Anyone else on ATS a little fed up with people thinking that IQ actually means something, like having a higher IQ makes you some how superior

In a word, No!!

I love them, I am always on tenterhooks waiting for the next I.Q thread, I live for it.

It's just a tad less exciting than threads on Trump.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

free IQ test

well i took the test and if "7,x billion people and 50% are idiots" is true i am definitely in a 50%

I must admit, when I saw the thread title, I started to reach for the calculator. I really thought it was a scientific equation.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
And what are your results, are you above 120?.

139, Mensa won't be happy with me

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
a reply to: Peeple

A much more passive way to increase global intelligence would be to increase how challenging the questions are in I.Q tests. This would incentivize testers whom get lower scores to increase their level of education and general knowledge both trivial and academic then they just take the test over again.

So let's clean this mess up, my suggestion: if you are below 120 and have no significant talent: commit suicide, or at least please: don't procreate.

Seriously this is just disgusting...

It's just eugenics, hardly a new concept to be fair.

Makes you wonder what the 120+ crew would say when they realise that they are next.

The other thing that baffles me is who these eliters think will drive bus's mop out hospital toilets and work in factorys when they get rid of the low intelligence folks...

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

me being idiot or not, no one can deny my logic is undeniable

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Yes and yes, totally deniably undeniable.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I am in Australia and I am pretty sure the numbers here for iq and life expectency crossed each other in opposite directions after the introduction of hand held technology

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Looking at the link, I see that claim is based on comparison of reaction times.
But I seriously challenge the assumption that there is such a close relation between reaction times and intelligence.

This challenge is based on my own experiences.
When I was at school, a group of us did a car-driving course. The instructor brought in a machine for testing reaction times, and I discovered then that my own physical reaction times were slower than average. Obviously this would not make me a good person to put in charge of a car, and it is probably just as well that I have never been able to afford one.
On the other hand, I had always been one year younger than the rest of my school classes, having jumped out of the "Infants" class a year early, and my intelligence proved good enough to get me into a well-known university.

Therefore I think the basic premise of this claim is seriously flawed.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Robots.
Do you consider that to be a good occupation for your children? To clean buses?

And I admit it, I am a IQ-racist. I don't care where you come from, what colour you have, but I won't bore myself in a conversation about Kardeshians.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

A much more passive way to increase global intelligence would be to increase how challenging the questions are in I.Q tests. This would incentivize testers whom get lower scores to increase their level of education and general knowledge both trivial and academic then they just take the test over again.

So let's clean this mess up, my suggestion: if you are below 120 and have no significant talent: commit suicide, or at least please: don't procreate.

Seriously this is just disgusting...

It's just eugenics, hardly a new concept to be fair.

Makes you wonder what the 120+ crew would say when they realise that they are next.

The other thing that baffles me is who these eliters think will drive bus's mop out hospital toilets and work in factorys when they get rid of the low intelligence folks...

The World's 1% equates to around 600,000 people give or take. So please stop fretting about how the Elites would survive. If they kept 3 Billion of the rest of the World's population, they would have enough people to tend to their needs.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Well, there's plenty of "genius" sanitation workers out there but if the rest are gone, who's to remove garbage, for instance? CEO's?
edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

It's just eugenics, hardly a new concept to be fair. Makes you wonder what the 120+ crew would say when they realise that they are next. The other thing that baffles me is who these eliters think will drive bus's mop out hospital toilets and work in factorys when they get rid of the low intelligence folks...

Oh I know...
It's just disturbing to see this sort of thing being advocated as a solution on ATS of all places.

As to your other point,I honestly don't know because I don't think about these sort of messed up ideas.
However I could only guess they(the society of super smart elite with I.Q's above 120)expect their best and brightest to build robot slaves to do the dirty work. What they would do in the mean time..? Maybe they would get those whose scores is below 200 to do the menial labor.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Robots.
Do you consider that to be a good occupation for your children? To clean buses?

And I admit it, I am a IQ-racist. I don't care where you come from, what colour you have, but I won't bore myself in a conversation about Kardeshians.

Who said anything about reality stars?

Someone needs to do menial work and your robots will not do this in your lifetime.

You should look into the UK education reforms if you wish to have an understanding of what high IQ and education can do in a multi skilled society.

link   
You know the other thing is that it depends on the test you take.

For example the test the OP linked us to is not a real IQ test (or if it is its a pretty poor one). According to that test my IQ is 151. I know its much lower that that, when i was younger i had my IQ measured by a certified educational psychologist at it was 110 (if memory serves).

but the OP's IQ is so spectacular that he must have already knew all that but decided to go with the BS test in any-case.

link   

It's just eugenics, hardly a new concept to be fair. Makes you wonder what the 120+ crew would say when they realise that they are next. The other thing that baffles me is who these eliters think will drive bus's mop out hospital toilets and work in factorys when they get rid of the low intelligence folks...

Oh I know...
It's just disturbing to see this sort of thing being advocated as a solution on ATS of all places.

As to your other point,I honestly don't know because I don't think about these sort of messed up ideas.
However I could only guess they(the society of super smart elite with I.Q's above 120)expect their best and brightest to build robot slaves to do the dirty work. What they would do in the mean time..? Maybe they would get those whose scores is below 200 to do the menial labor.

"First they came for those with an IQ of under 120....."

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I like the forbes article in your op

At any rate, it would seem that rumors of our stupidity have been somewhat exaggerated. We may or may not be significantly smarter than those who came before, but the evidence isn’t pointing to us being alarmingly denser. It’s even possible, if not probable, that we’re right where we should be.

so the whole premise is false or no?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Robots.

Who does the menial labor in your Utopian society of super smart elite Peeple? Prior to the advent of robot slaves.

Also what qualifies in your suggestion as a "significant talent"?

I'm not being argumentative, I just want to know how you define your terms here.
edit on 3pm31America/Chicago3103America/Chicagopm306 by NateTheAnimator because: Edit to add

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I know a guy who is doing a Phd in physics at Oxford university, his favourite TV show is Jersey shore.

What you are doing is actually tapping into something that really piss's me off about ATS, its full of people who believe they are intellectually elite despite numerous posts on this site that prove they are quite possibly the opposite.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

For example the test the OP linked us to is not a real IQ test (or if it is its a pretty poor one). According to that test my IQ is 151. I know its much lower that that, when i was younger i had my IQ measured by a certified educational psychologist at it was 110 (if memory serves).

Aaaah.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join